http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:57:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Did anyone catch Survivor tonight (Oct 20/05)?  (Read 717 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2005, 04:13:17 AM »

Man, it was awesome! The tribal council with Judd was just ... frickin' awesome! And Margaret got smoked - even Cindy turned on her. Awesome! Even Probst seemed to be enjoying himself.

I know Survivor has kind of lost its luster, now (frighteningly) more of a tried and true, ol' reliable watching experience, but I was quite entertained tonight. Human interaction never ceases to amaze.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 04:21:06 AM »

I saw it, I'm a diehard fan and will watch till it ain't on any more.

Yeah, that was great.  As he went off, I kept thinking "Well, he can't get any deeper off the deep end than that" ...and he did! It got worse and worse.  I was amazed.   That nurse threw in with that guy who got jabbed by the tree, that was her mistake.  She spent valuable time 'nursing' him back to health, time she should have spent making allies.

On the other side, I was sad to see Brian go, he was a good schemer and fun to watch.
Tustin1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 04:38:08 AM »

I think they should have voted off Judd - what a drunken jackass.

My Current Sig.
Visit me at: Chunite
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 05:41:15 AM »

Frankly, I think you'd need his strength and energy more than Margaret's reserved manners - and I think Steph and Jamie figure then can use him as an easy allied vote, and ditch him when necessary.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 06:13:20 AM »

Been a while since there was a good bad guy.  The blockheaded dummy known as Judd will do.

I can't believe he thinks he's even got a shot...
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2005, 12:55:20 AM »

Yeah, there have been some past contestants who acted the jerk as a strategy (they figured if they make themselves that big a target, they may slide through from week to week with people thinking they can vote him out "any time")

But, somehow I don't think Judd is acting... :roll:

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2005, 11:51:29 AM »

Quote from: "Cleric7"
Yeah, there have been some past contestants who acted the jerk as a strategy (they figured if they make themselves that big a target, they may slide through from week to week with people thinking they can vote him out "any time")

But, somehow I don't think Judd is acting... :roll:

Exactly what I was going to say.  I don't think he is acting at all.  I think he simply thinks because he rocks at the challenges that he is perfectly safe regardless of what he does.  He doesn't realize that those people are weird and will vote you off if you eat an extra ounce of something or if someone can convince them that you did something horrible, like sleeping and extra five minutes or something  biggrin
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 12:22:29 AM »

I think Judd is miscalculating in another way:  yeah it's great being the ubercompetitor when it's tribe vs tribe(because they need you), but once the merge rolls around, it shifts 180 degrees.  Then the ubercompetitors get booted out one by one.

So unless he can win enough immunities to save himself, or someone else steps forward to take heat off him, he will not last long past the merge acting like this.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 02:06:42 PM »

This is a weaker season overall, but I'm hooked still...

Amazing how being in an office pool warps your view of this show!  I'm rooting hardcore for Brandon and Lydia since I have them; Judd is held by my fiancee, so like Judd more than I would normally like an obnoxious New Yawker...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: