http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 12:19:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear FM Radio...  (Read 1747 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2005, 04:40:15 AM »

.... I do not care if Janie's got a gun. Nor do I care where the police found her, or how hot Leslie Ann Warren looked in the video. When you play the exact same out-of-date Aerosmith song (a redundant statement, I know) time and time again, listeners like myself tend to change the channel. I realize the song came out in the early 1990's and your DJ's may be trying to re-capture their youth, but please understand something: There are other Aerosmith songs available, and no, Cryin' doesn't count.

I also do not consider "Love In An Elevator" as "classic rock" as I was listening to the radio the day it debuted, and I'm south of 30. Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Led Zepplin, and to a lesser extent Blue Oyster Cult, help comprise true "classic" rock. Now, were you to include the early '70's version of "Dream On" that routinely plays on FM radio (and is so old it doesn't even sound like Aerosmith) then I would agree. But "Livin' On The Edge"? Hardly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. smile

-WBS

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 05:24:19 AM »

I remember the first time I heard Motley Crue or Poison (I don't remember which) on the local "Classic Rock" station for the first time.

I wept bitterly.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005, 05:56:13 AM »

I have a hard time of thinking of the songs of the 80s (and to a lesser degree the 70s) as "oldies". :shock:

Ye Olde Farte
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 01:15:02 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
.... I do not care if Janie's got a gun. Nor do I care where the police found her, or how hot Leslie Ann Warren looked in the video. When you play the exact same out-of-date Aerosmith song (a redundant statement, I know) time and time again, listeners like myself tend to change the channel. I realize the song came out in the early 1990's and your DJ's may be trying to re-capture their youth, but please understand something: There are other Aerosmith songs available, and no, Cryin' doesn't count.

I also do not consider "Love In An Elevator" as "classic rock" as I was listening to the radio the day it debuted, and I'm south of 30. Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Led Zepplin, and to a lesser extent Blue Oyster Cult, help comprise true "classic" rock. Now, were you to include the early '70's version of "Dream On" that routinely plays on FM radio (and is so old it doesn't even sound like Aerosmith) then I would agree. But "Livin' On The Edge"? Hardly.

WBS, been listening to "The Bone" and getting annoyed?

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 02:06:47 PM »

Dear FM Radio...

...Suck my cock.

Sincerely, E#9

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »

Dear FM Radio...

Good riddance. Sirius Radio all the way. biggrin

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 05:10:52 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

WBS, been listening to "The Bone" and getting annoyed?

You know, I've heard quite a bit about that station since I'm an avid 1310 The Ticket listener but I've never tried it out. I'm guessing it's not that good?
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 05:19:38 PM »

Ugh, The Bone.  

We're playing some Bonetracks from the Boneyard while all the Boneheads get their Bonegroove on while drinking some Bonebrew at our Bonehour and trying to snag some Bonegear.  

Shut the f*ck up!!  It's the kind of station that they put on in a gym where only dudes go.  I admit I flip through it sometimes, but it's just another example of bad radio.

Thank goodness for satellite radio!  XM rox my Boneneeds.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 05:20:42 PM »

*shrug*  I like it, but they play enough of the 80's and 90's metal to make me happy.  I switch between the bone, and 102.1 the edge for my rock fix, and then usually pop in a CD for some high energy techno (since 106.7 has gone all hip-hop and forgotten about the other end of the party spectrum).

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Nameless
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 06:35:19 PM »

Dear FM Radio...

Enjoy the last decade of your dominance before you are replaced by satellite radio, just like you replaced AM.....  biggrin

"I don't like signatures"  -  me
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 09:14:26 PM »

The unthinkable has happened.  There's a good new radio station in the twin cities.  Minnesota Public Radio launched its third format (after classical and news).  Think college radio run by professionals.  It kicks ass.  You can see a dynamic playlist at http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/thecurrent/playlist.php

89.3 or http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/services/thecurrent/
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 09:25:28 PM »

Quote from: "Dreamshadow"
*shrug*  I like it, but they play enough of the 80's and 90's metal to make me happy.  I switch between the bone, and 102.1 the edge for my rock fix, and then usually pop in a CD for some high energy techno (since 106.7 has gone all hip-hop and forgotten about the other end of the party spectrum).

I used to listen to it occasionally for a my high-school flashback fix, but it's really the presentation that kills it for me.  It's too Xtreme for me I guess.  I didn't mean to be rude about it but rereading my post I probably came off that way.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2005, 01:24:44 AM »

Id really just like to tell FM radio to shuit the hell up! Stop talking talking talking so damn much and play some fircking music!

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 02:53:16 AM »

...I just got a new car with a 6 disk in dash CD changer and 6 speakers. I no longer have a need to listen to your crap and commericals. Although, I would not mind having sat. radio. But FM, you can suck my balls.
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 03:57:35 AM »

I've got a rock radio station in Chicago that I just love to death. They play plenty of Talking Heads and Clash, along with obscure people like Andrew Bird, Bobby Bare Jr., Low Millions, Secret Machines, etc. The one problem is that they seem single-handedly determined to keep Eagle Eye Cherry and his horrible "Save Tonight" song in the public consciousness. Let the one-hit wonder die already!

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: