http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 10:46:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 4 without Pepsi...  (Read 4416 times)
Cyjon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2004, 03:51:12 AM »

I did the "quit soda pop" thing too a couple years ago. I still will have it occasionally, like maybe one a week, but nowhere near as much as I did before. I didn't get the headaches, probably because I'm a Sprite man rather than a cola man. After a few days, I felt great! I had more energy, more motivation, and was obviously much better off. Sugar is evil stuff. Of course the crap in diet is even worse IMHO, so it's better just to kick all soda.

I've also reduced my caffeine intake. Do you know how hard it is to find anything to drink that doesn't have sugar, sugar substitute, or caffeine? So I drink a lot of water.

My brother completely kicked all sugar at one point, even fruit. He felt great for a couple of years. Then one day he told me, "Yesterday at work they brought doughnuts and I figured, what the heck, let's try one. It was awful! But the second one wasn't bad and the third one was pretty good." And with that he was back on sugar.
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2004, 04:15:44 AM »

I lost 35 pounds this year. But for the most part it was done with moderation and not elimination (keep your mind out of the gutter  smile ). I think I may have had 3 or 4 diet pepsis a week.  I did drink a lot of water however but a light lunch topped off with a diet pepsi really hit the spot and prevented a lot of psychological urges that go along with compelte abstinence.

BTW, I have kept most of the 35 pounds off since April 2004.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2004, 04:47:49 AM »

BTW, I have kept most of the 35 pounds off since April 2004.
That is awesome!  Keep it up...er..off.  

I'm still moving forward with this and holdin strong.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
D.A.Lewis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

Then you keep going strong, but don't get too down on yourself if you have to resort to one diet soda on a very busy weekend.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: