http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 07:38:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Day 4 without Pepsi...  (Read 4447 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2004, 03:24:33 PM »

So I'm going into day 4 without drinking any soda of any kind.  I'm trying to kick the habit...this is harder than quitting smoking or drinking!  Its nuts!!  The headaches remind me of friggin DTs!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
RookieCAF
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2004, 03:26:33 PM »

Have some Coffee smile

~Rookie
Attitude Determines Altitude
tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2004, 03:26:55 PM »

Soooo, what are you drinking?  confused
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2004, 03:29:30 PM »

hehe yah I know where your comming from. I've given up all sugary drinks its been about a month and it gets alot easier. I mean I'll never be a only drink water guy but I'm trying.  

Ascendent
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2004, 03:29:48 PM »

A couple of years ago I basically had a diabetic crash without being diabetic. Way too much sugar, little food and what food I'd had was spoiled. An interesting day to be sure. After that I decided to kick the habit I was in (anywhere from 6 to 12 Cokes a day) and went cold turkey.

I had the same headache for a full week. Have fun! biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 03:32:26 PM »

Good luck KD, I hope you stick it out, and beat the habit. I cut out all 'sugar water' 18 months ago, and it's been key in my rather significant weight loss.

You can do it. Switch to diet. It's yucky at first, but trust me, you'll get used to it. Lots of diabetics have had to make that switch.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 03:35:46 PM »

Good job! You can do it!  I've gone for YEARS without a pepsi.

Diet Coke on the other hand... :mrgreen:

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2004, 03:37:28 PM »

I went 18 months without any sort of soda when I was on a diet.  It was a bitch trying to quit, but was a huge help in dropping about 20 pounds.  

Unfortunately, now I go through 4-5 cans a day and have gained all the weight back.  Wish I had the willpower to quit again.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2004, 03:38:44 PM »

Should have been more specific....I switched OFF of Diet Pepsi.  This is water only.  I already gave up coffee, smoking, and drinking.  I'm not trying to become a monk or a Mormon, just trying to lose weight and be more healthy...

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2004, 03:38:55 PM »

The day they make a respectable tasting Diet Mountain Dew Live Wire is the day I will switch to diet. smile

I have been drinking more C2 and I'll admit, once I got all the New Coke jokes out of my system I realized it didn't taste half bad and had a lot less sugar.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2004, 03:39:25 PM »

You could have picked a better week.... unibrow  smoke  paranoid

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2004, 03:39:29 PM »

I couldnt do that, you are a brave man  :shock:

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 03:40:20 PM »

I lost 35 pounds in 2002, and a lot of that was due to the fact that I cut soda almost completely out of my diet and replaced it with water and iced tea. I've gone from 2-3 cans a day to maybe one a week. It's a pain at first, but it's worth it, and I've gotten used to drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Zurai
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 03:45:36 PM »

I used to drink a ton of soda. What convinced me to stop drinking so much was moving out to Seattle and living on my own. Heh, it's amazing how much of a motivator $40 a week in sodas is. I actually lived entirely on water and milk for the last two and a half or so years I was out there.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 03:57:46 PM »

Dont those headaches scare you? Man that stuff is toxic for the body....... When I drink a lot of coffee and then quit I get nasty headaches...

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

Recently I've tried to switch from regular sodas to the sorta diet 7 Up Plus soda.

I think that 7 Up plus is pretty good, much better than regular diet drinks which I can't stand.

I'm not a big soda drinker though, usually one a day, maybe two somedays.  I really like Kool-Aid though, that's got plenty of sugar though.

I've been toying with the idea of giving up caffinated drinks, but I haven't done it yet.
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2004, 04:12:51 PM »

Quote from: "Zurai"
Heh, it's amazing how much of a motivator $40 a week in sodas is.
$40 a week? Wow that's ridiculous.  It's about $5.25 for a case of diet coke a week for me, plus another $4-5 a week for the vending machines at work- and I thought I drank a lot of pop.  I couldn't imagine drinking four times that amount.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
lildrgn

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2004, 04:33:18 PM »

One at lunch and one at dinner. Is that bad?

Actually, I do worry what my 2.5 y/o daughter might think of my dining habits...

I love the liquid candy!

ArmyOfOne
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2004, 04:44:40 PM »

I've been drinking nothing but diet coke for atleast the past 5 or 6 years.  Lord only knows the limits of the damage that's done.  I would like to quit, but I fear it's managed to work its way into my genetic code.  Stopping would be like removing an organ or something.
Enough
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2004, 04:46:03 PM »

Good luck KD!   thumbsup

One of my best friends has MS and was the hugest Pepsi addict in existence.  The amount of soda he would put down is frightening.  Since being diagnosed with MS he decided to quit for his health and managed to do it.  If he can do you it, you can too!  And if it helps he has actually been told by a doctor that the insane amounts of Pepsi may have been a factor with him getting MS and that he was lucky to not be a diabetic.  Best of luck, it's an admirable goal.  Now where did I put my coffee?   :twisted:

tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2004, 04:48:02 PM »

So, can I interest you in this:

Nameless
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2004, 05:06:20 PM »

Serious question, KD, do you think that cutting out diet pop will help you lose more weight?

When I switched from full octane mt. dew to diet, I lost about ten pounds in the first month alone.  I'm totally addicted to diet now though.  I easily drink two liters of diet pop a day.  Other then peeing a lot from all the caffeine, I'm not feeling any ill effects.... that I'm aware of (cue scary music)

"I don't like signatures"  -  me
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2004, 05:08:44 PM »

On April 8 I gave up all pop.  Cold turkey.  I had a headache for 2 days, but after that it went away.  I lost 6 pounds over the next week.

For the last few months I've been a casual drinker--I'll have a pop once or twice a week, but the addiction is gone.  Stick with it: you'll be glad that you did.

Now playing: Suikoden 2 [PSX], Neverwinter Nights 2 [PC]
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2004, 05:12:05 PM »

Quote from: "ArmyOfOne"
I've been drinking nothing but diet coke for atleast the past 5 or 6 years.  Lord only knows the limits of the damage that's done.  I would like to quit, but I fear it's managed to work its way into my genetic code.  Stopping would be like removing an organ or something.

biggrin Ditto that!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2004, 05:12:25 PM »

Serious question, KD, do you think that cutting out diet pop will help you lose more weight?
No but the extra crap that is in the soda not being in my system makes it more healthy.  

And no, I would not be interested in an image hosted by Tripod. slywink

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
tripwire
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2004, 05:28:52 PM »

On a serious note, I wish you luck. I've tried the water and nothing else trip before, and that didn't work.   frown
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

I'm attempting to go a whole month (and possibly longer) without soda and chocolate as I figure many of my extra calories are garnered from those items.

Today's day 3.  Not so bad so far.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2004, 05:47:27 PM »

Good luck ATB.  That is really difficult.   I work for an ISP so they bring in lots of junk for us to eat...its a lot of work to pass that crap by too.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2004, 06:17:45 PM »

I used to drink a lot of soda, but once I got back in to exercising regularly the cravings went way down.  Nowadays I have a couple sodas a week if that as I mostly drink water.  I try to reserve my Mt. Dew splurges for when my allergies are bad and I need a little boost.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 06:24:19 PM »

I'm like a choco-holic, but for booze.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2004, 06:33:38 PM »

Boy did you pick the wrong week to quit sniffing glue, KD.  smoke

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2004, 07:21:46 PM »

I used to drink 2-3 Cherry Cokes every day for many years. I then went on the Atkins diet, and so I gave them up for three months while I lost weight. That was over a year ago. After losing the weight I wanted, I had a Cherry Coke and thought it tasted AWFUL! That's the last one I've had.

I don't drink anything with sugar, caffeine or sodium in it, and am quite happy with the drinks I've found. One is Diet Rite Cola. The other is Talking Rain Diet Ice Botanicals.

I have successfully maintained my weight for over a year now, and not drinking all that sugar is part of it.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2004, 08:02:37 PM »

I have a love-hate with my crazy metabolism. This is one of the instances where I love it. I drink soda everyday, eat junk food at every chance I can get.

And I can't get myself to gain ANY weight. And my cholesterol test came back saying I'm in excellent health. HA
gorky1
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2004, 08:16:35 PM »

If I don't get my three espressos half an hour after getting up in the morning, I'm stuck with a headache for the rest of the day... But it's my only addiction since I cut down on PC gaming, so I guess I'll cut myself some slack.

Can be a bitch when travelling though.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2004, 04:40:15 AM »

Personally, I mainly drink some diet Minute Maid lemonade thingy. Combined total of 5 calories a can, and it tastes almost like the real thing.

Only one problem though - last time I hit my local grocery store (where I work), I found out that they now sold the stuff in 8 packs (yes, 8 packs, not 12 like everything else), for the EXACT SAME PRICE as before.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
KurtsGirl
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2004, 05:09:35 AM »

My boyfriend was doing the same thing, just on a short-term basis.  I guess when he started getting headaches from not having Coffee or Pepsi, he realized it might be a good idea to forgo the caffeine for a few days.

Nerdin 'round the net!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2004, 06:55:38 AM »

Quote from: "Tscott"
Quote from: "Zurai"
Heh, it's amazing how much of a motivator $40 a week in sodas is.
$40 a week? Wow that's ridiculous.  It's about $5.25 for a case of diet coke a week for me, plus another $4-5 a week for the vending machines at work- and I thought I drank a lot of pop.  I couldn't imagine drinking four times that amount.

There was a time when I probably went through more than $40 in any given week all just while I was at work.

If you added what I spent on soft drinks outside of work onto that I'd imagine it's pretty pathetic.

I've since started buying gatorade to drink while I'm at work. I'm not thirsty five minutes later, and if I take a week off work and don't drink gatorade I don't have unending headaches from the caffeine withdrawl.

It's actually easier to get up in the morning too.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
DocDarm
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2004, 12:10:50 PM »

Figures.  MzDarm and I just bought stock in Pepsi a few weeks ago.

DocDarm
New York City
Phouka
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2004, 07:09:59 PM »

Wow. This is great timing. I'm on day 3 of the same thing -- quitting pop cold-turkey.

So far, it sucks. No headaches, but plenty of itch to go to the vending machine.

I tried this once before about a year ago and did fine until I had just one over at a friend's house. Did a slow slide off the wagon after that. ("Oh, I did just fine having just one last night... I can have one today without going overboard...." Sigh.)

This time: no going back.

Pooks
Discalced
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2004, 07:39:29 PM »

I've just hit two months without cigarettes.  It sucks.

Nil sine Numine.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: