http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 10:30:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dark Knight Spoilers Discussion Thread!  (Read 9249 times)
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2008, 03:37:05 PM »

Just so we can keep it clean and not have to worry about using spoiler tags like crazy...

In all it was just an awesome movie. Gut-wrenching, grim and beautiful. Really I had only a couple of minor gripes that were very easily ignored.

1) The bike was cool and all, but the part where he drove it basically up the wall and did the insta-flip was a little over-the-top. It really seemed out of character for the tone the rest of the movie makes as far as gadgetry and what-not.

2) Dent's post-accident face was just overkill. It needed to be burned, it needed to be horribly disfigured. It was just a little too much with the gap into the mouth etc, and that he's up so soon running around shooting people and drinking with burn wounds *that* bad... well it killed the immersion just a little for me.

But those two small things aside, I loved it from start to finish. I particularly liked that the fight sequences were a little cleaner this time and we got to see more of what was going on.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 04:44:54 PM »

Yeah, I agree with those two things as well as what YellowKing said in the other thread about Bale's "Batman voice" getting a bit old.  I understand he's supposed to be disguising his voice but I think it just works better when he doesn't talk as much. 

It really sucks that Ledger is dead because I wouldn't have minded seeing the Joker in the next movie.  I would like that, actually.  As it stands I really don't know who they are going to use as the villian in the next movie and didn't see any hints at it unlike the first movie. 

They also didn't really tie up the loose strings of that employee who had figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman.  Unless they figured that after Wayne crashes his car the guy is so thankful he decides not to squeal. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 04:49:29 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on July 19, 2008, 04:44:54 PM

They also didn't really tie up the loose strings of that employee who had figured out that Bruce Wayne was Batman.  Unless they figured that after Wayne crashes his car the guy is so thankful he decides not to squeal. 

I was impressed the guy went ahead after the "warning" Lucius gave him...

Spawn of OO Collective
chaosraven
Gaming Trend Reader

Freakin' Puppets

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 05:03:49 PM »

Quote from: Crux on July 19, 2008, 03:37:05 PM

1) The bike was cool and all, but the part where he drove it basically up the wall and did the insta-flip was a little over-the-top. It really seemed out of character for the tone the rest of the movie makes as far as gadgetry and what-not.

BatPod

Spawn of OO Collective
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 05:52:45 PM »

I actually liked Two Face. It was much more in line with the horrible disfigurement he has in the comic books versus the silly getup of Tommy Lee Jones in the old Batman movie. I agree it was probably a tad unrealistic, but I chalked it up to comic book fantasy and went with it. 

I wish we had more Joker. I found myself impatiently waiting through the talky scenes to get to a scene with The Joker. I also wish we had seen a shot of him being thrown into Arkham Asylum, rather than just leaving him dangling from the building with no real resolution.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 06:54:27 PM »

I just got back from watching it with my wife, and HOLY CRAP!!!  This movie was amazing from start to finish.  More to follow...
scubabbl
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 07:06:39 PM »

I swear to god, Heath's version of the Joker has to be one of the best villian, bad guy, evil person I've seen in a movie in a long time. Making the pencil dissapear was just... well... damn.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:09 PM »

The movie was also so harsh, in a good way.  It showed clearly why The Joker was Batman's nemesis, and Gotham's most feared psychotic criminal.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 08:11:52 PM »

I thought it was awesome that Scarecrow showed up in the beginning.  At first I was thinking it might just be an impostor but then they showed that it was indeed him  thumbsup  Heath Ledgers performance is the only letdown... he was just so freaking awesome it's sad to know he'll never repeat it.

as for future villains it's tought ot say-  I didn't see any hints either, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Catwoman being at least one of them.  The love interest is gone, so that spot is wide open.  Since they seem to be trying to keep things fairly realistic I doubt we'll see something like Mister Freeze, but the Riddler in some form would be another good guess.  I remember when they were working on Batman Forever they wanted to make the Riddler an intelligent villain and not over the top like he ended up being.

another thing I'm doubtful about is Dent being dead-  Batman was able to save Rachel from a much greater fall, and it wasn't clear to me if Dent had fallen first or if he was holding on to Batman and they both fell.  I did have a flashback to the first Tim Burton Batman when the Joker was falling-  I wonder if that was a homage to it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 08:59:31 PM »

Well, there's stages of Batman and it looks like he could become a better detective.  So, a battle of wits against the Riddler would be a much more cerebral Batman movie where he realizes that to fight crime he can't just appear and beat up thugs, he has to become a detective beyond any other human.

Keep in mind, they did have a microwave emitter as part of Batman begins, so something involving freezing devices could work.  However, it's more likely that the over the top villains like Ivy and Mr. Freeze would end up being more toned down criminals with those aspects as part of the schtick.  Poison Ivy could just be a woman who uses lots of poisons from plant extracts.  Mr. Freeze might be an expert on thermodynamics who uses liquid nitrogen to crack open safes or similar.  They could all end up like the Scarecrow, a minor villain that have small scenes in movies.

A Nolan style Catwoman would be perfect to cement Batman's place in Gotham, a dangerous relationship with a cat burglar.

But, they do need a shot of Arkham.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »

So I've now had several hours to ponder the movie.  I am still trying to digest it all.  I can't believe how amazing of a movie this is.  Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk are great comic movies.  The Dark Knight is a great dramatic movie with comic book characters.  Outside of that, it is nowhere near the same category as the former.  Not that it's a knock on any of the three movies.  TDK is a different monster altogether.

I remember reading about Heath Ledger after his death.  He had said that it was because of the Joker that he couldn't sleep and had to take all the sleeping pills.  I didn't think that an actor could get that into a character until I saw the movie.  It is so fucking sad that such an incredibly talented young actor is gone.  What makes it more tragic is that it was not a deliberate overdose.  I walked out of the theater depressed that I am not going to see him develop into the great, award-winning actor that he was sure to become.   crybaby  He deserves multiple awards for that performance.  His Joker was AMAZING.

Two-Face was a surprise.  I knew that he was going to make an appearance, but I didn't realize that he would play such a large part.  Eckhart did a great job as well.  I could have sworn that I saw him breathing as Batman and Commissioner Gordon were discussing Batman taking the fall for Two-Face's crime-spree.

Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman felt under-used, IMO.  The movie was so chock-full of great moments, that Alfred and Lucius took a backseat, which was unfortunate.

Christian Bale was, again, perfect as Bruce Wayne and his alter ego.  I know some people have leveled criticism at his Bat-growl.  While there were moments where it was a little distracting, I thought it was a good way of him concealing his identity.  This movie is grounded on reality, at least mostly is.  A mask is not good enough.  Also, I remember Bale on an interview after Begins, and he mentioned that he saw the Batman as an animal, hence the constant growling.

I'm going to hit up a friend of mine to see it in the IMAX theater this week.

I cannot say enough about this movie.  Not only is it, hands down, the best comic book movie by a long shot, and the best movie I've seen this year; it is one of the best movies I have EVER seen.  If not the best.

P.S. the pencil-disappearing act was un-fucking-believable.  biggrin   thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 02:05:40 AM »

Quote from: chaosraven on July 19, 2008, 05:03:49 PM

Quote from: Crux on July 19, 2008, 03:37:05 PM

BatPod

Don't get me wrong I loved the bike. I just hated that one moment where it drove straight to a wall, straight up the wall and pulled a magic 180 degree flip to be facing the other way.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:57 AM »

After the movie today, Kirk and I were pondering where they could go from here. Kirk's first thought was that with Batman on the run and the Gotham underworld in shambles, a strong gangster would be the obvious choice. Oswald Cobblepott would fit that bill nicely. He'd be easy to adapt to the "gritty and real" tone Nolan achieved with The Dark Knight. Keep his prim affectations and stature, perhaps even his fondness for exotic birds... just don't use them as a means of attack.

I'm not too familiar with the character, but I'm betting Zsasz might work as an initial villain having been hired by Cobblepott to take out whatever vestiges of organized crime remain and clear the way for Penguin's ascension.

By herself, Catwoman could help set a compelling stage for a more intimate follow-up where Batman is struggling to protect a city that no longer wants him while Catwoman tempts him to go ahead and join the dark side that Gotham already believes he's given in to.

I'd think Riddler, being a "gets his kicks playing off Batman" more than a "criminal doing his thing" style villain might seem too similar to Joker's schtick to make a good Dark Knight follow-up. Though I do relish the thought of Batman having to exercise his detective skills next go 'round. (A Catwoman-centric film could enable that just as well.)

I also think it's highly unlikely we'll ever see a Killer Croc, Clayface, Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze from the current crew. They just don't adapt as readily to the current style. And, let's face it, Nolan and Bale probably won't have enough desire or interest in the franchise to tackle that many more villains.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 02:40:47 AM »

I've seen a few articles breathlessly speculating about that same topic, for example:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25681350/

I could maybe see Selina Kyle/Catwoman working if WB can wash out the bad taste from their mouth of the disastrous Catwoman movie, and if J. Nolan and David Goyer can find a fresh take on the character. Esp. since, well, Bats going into movie 3 has no love interest, and presumably will be perceived as a much nastier vigilante type that might appeal to a Catwoman type character.

There's a pretty cool "list of Batman Family enemies" page at Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Batman_enemies
The Joker of the comics is even nastier than in TDK -- writers had him cripple Gordon's daughter Barbara (In Alan Moore's The Killing Joke), murder the second Robin (Jason Todd) after Dick Grayson had become Nightwing, and Gordon's second wife (I think in the comics he gets divorced at some point, if I remember right).

If you scroll down there, "The Foes of Lesser Known" section is interesting.

One of my favorite storylines from the late '80s involved the KGBeast:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KGBeast
Don't know if you could update that though because it's very much a product of the Gorbachev era (1988), and they'd probably shy away from a Bats movie with any "real" politics involved (beyond Gotham City).

The tough part for any third movie would be following Ledger's performance. I would think maybe they'd want a different type of villain (someone quieter, or more subtle) rather than having another scenery-chewing role that would be invariably compared to his tremendous swansong (well, he'll be in that Terry Gilliam flick a little bit, but this is last "full role" performance I guess  tear)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:44:10 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (it's out!; post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 03:39:20 AM »

Wonder woman should be the love interest in the next one. That way she and Batmen could have Wonderbats.

Ye Olde Farte
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 04:11:14 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on July 20, 2008, 02:40:47 AM

The Joker of the comics is even nastier than in TDK -- writers had him cripple Gordon's daughter Barbara (In Alan Moore's The Killing Joke), murder the second Robin (Jason Todd) after Dick Grayson had become Nightwing, and Gordon's second wife (I think in the comics he gets divorced at some point, if I remember right).

well, to be fair, the Joker only had 2 and a half hours in TDK, but he was responsible for the death of Rachel and Dent becoming Two Face.

Because I can,
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 05:02:08 AM »

No to mention killing numerous gangsters, unleashing a bunch criminally insane people on the populous, killing a lot of police officers, and more.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 01:11:43 PM »

AND killing the mayor, a judge, the commissioner, and almost killing Gordon.

The Gordon thing was a nice fake-out, I thought.  I was like, there's no way that they're going to kill Gordon, but they played it up so well.
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 03:08:23 PM »

As it stands I really don't know who they are going to use as the villian in the next movie and didn't see any hints at it unlike the first movie. 

Saw it last night.  Not sure if it's a hint or not but when Lucious was discussing the suit mods Bruce asked him how it would fair vs dogs.  After the big dog/little dog exchange, he says it should do alright vs cats.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 03:28:08 PM »

Quote from: Austin on July 20, 2008, 03:08:23 PM

As it stands I really don't know who they are going to use as the villian in the next movie and didn't see any hints at it unlike the first movie. 

Saw it last night.  Not sure if it's a hint or not but when Lucious was discussing the suit mods Bruce asked him how it would fair vs dogs.  After the big dog/little dog exchange, he says it should do alright vs cats.

catwoman has been done to perfection already, though.  bringing her back to the batman fold at this juncture would be a step down for the stellar franchise, imho.  sure, the dark knight is a great film and nolan an accomplished and talented director, but halle berry made the catwoman her own and the penultimate battle between her and a nigh invulnerable sharon stone (resulting from perfume, no less!  what brilliance!) easily beats out the subdued madness of Ledger's Joker. 

remember the dialogue from Catwoman?  How it defined and shaped a new generation of thinking superheroes?  Lines like:

Amateurs! You boys thought you could come in here and steal all these beautiful things? What a purrrfect idea!

and

Time to accessorize!

still challenge script writers to this day to up the ante. 

nay my friend, i fear catwoman is not an option.  not if we want to protect the integrity of ms. berry's portrayal.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 04:51:33 PM »

sounds like someone has a crush on Morgan Freeman  slywink

(Lucius dude, not Luscious)

Because I can,
Austin

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 07:53:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 20, 2008, 04:51:33 PM

sounds like someone has a crush on Morgan Freeman  slywink

(Lucius dude, not Luscious)
Pwned!
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 04:59:42 PM »

I was talking to a friend of mine today and we both agreed that the primary flaw of the entire movie was the last half hour or so. In short, too much Two Face, which made the ferry sequence anti-climactic and took away from the Joker's final conflict with Batman. He suggested that when Two Face is "revealed" in the hospital, that should have been the end of his storyline, to be saved for the next movie. That would have left plenty of time to concentrate on The Joker's last stand, instead of the somewhat rushed and crowded ending that we got.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 05:50:50 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on July 21, 2008, 04:59:42 PM

I was talking to a friend of mine today and we both agreed that the primary flaw of the entire movie was the last half hour or so. In short, too much Two Face, which made the ferry sequence anti-climactic and took away from the Joker's final conflict with Batman. He suggested that when Two Face is "revealed" in the hospital, that should have been the end of his storyline, to be saved for the next movie. That would have left plenty of time to concentrate on The Joker's last stand, instead of the somewhat rushed and crowded ending that we got.

I completely and utterly disagree.  The final fate of Two Face was essential to the Joker's storyline.  The only way I can see avoiding that last half hour would be to write Dent completely out of the script and focus on the "boat scene" at the end as Joker's primary crime.  As it stands, I thought it was well done in that you had the joker successful in one arena (Two Face) and failing in the other (the boat sequence).  We were left with alternate feelings of hope and hopelessness.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
yossar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 05:52:57 PM »

How did the fingerprint on the bullet lead to an apartment with a bunch of tied up police officers? I asked somewhere else and nobody had a good explanation for that.

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 20, 2008, 01:11:43 PM

Mayor didn't die, did he?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 05:56:26 PM »

Quote from: yossar on July 21, 2008, 05:52:57 PM

How did the fingerprint on the bullet lead to an apartment with a bunch of tied up police officers? I asked somewhere else and nobody had a good explanation for that.

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 20, 2008, 01:11:43 PM

Mayor didn't die, did he?

Every time they featured the mayor onscreen I kept hearing him as Batmanual say "Another urban myth dispelled: ninjas do not bounce.".   icon_lol

god he was great in that role...

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 06:17:28 PM »

I thought he did.  Was I wrong?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 21, 2008, 06:17:28 PM

I thought he did.  Was I wrong?

i thought the mayor lived as well.  he kind of just disappeared after the big police parade, though.

PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 06:21:01 PM »

Quote from: 'hepcat'
catwoman has been done to perfection already, though.  bringing her back to the batman fold at this juncture would be a step down for the stellar franchise, imho.  sure, the dark knight is a great film and nolan an accomplished and talented director, but halle berry made the catwoman her own and the penultimate battle between her and a nigh invulnerable sharon stone (resulting from perfume, no less!  what brilliance!) easily beats out the subdued madness of Ledger's Joker.  

icon_lol icon_lol

If Nolan is smart, he won't bring back The Joker for the third movie. Ledger just pwned that role, and recasting it will be a bitch. I think Two-Face is dead... at least that's the impression the film gives at the end, but if he comes back let Aaron Eckhart play him again since he did such a great job. So who will then be the villain or villains for the third film? My guess is it'll be a combination of Catwoman and The Riddler. I agree with those above who mentioned that villains like Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze are too over the top. The Penguin is too eccentric and very cartoony. Since Nolan is avoiding the gothic/cartoony trappings of Batman, I think it would be best to do Catwoman and The Riddler.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 06:41:34 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 21, 2008, 06:21:01 PM

I think Two-Face is dead...

I mentioned in my post above that I thought I saw Eckhart breathing as Batman and Gordon were discussing how to carry on.  I don't know if that was intentional or Eckhart not being able to conceal his breathing.  I mean, why would that fall kill Dent and not Batman?  I know he's wearing a suit and all, but that would be pushing it.  My thought is that they "buried" Dent to save his legacy and locked him up in Arkham.  That would give Batman a way to clear his name in the inevitable sequel.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 06:44:38 PM »

You know what I would really like to see?  I would like to see them jump forward to The Dark Knight Returns.  I know, I know, they'd never do it.  But it's a story that they've never told before.  Sigh.

So I think Two-Face and the Riddler are going to be in the next movie.  They set up Two-Face way too much to dump him now.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 06:47:13 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 21, 2008, 06:44:38 PM

They set up Two-Face way too much to dump him now.

Agreed.  That would be a waste of a great character-performance by Eckhard to just leave it as is.

Quote from: Eel Snave on July 21, 2008, 06:44:38 PM

So I think Two-Face and the Riddler are going to be in the next movie.

That sounds good on paper, but I doubt they'd want the same villains as Batman Forever for obvious reasons.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 06:52:49 PM »

I read an interview with Anthony Michael Hall just prior to The Dark Knight in which he kept saying, "Well, some folks are saying I'm going to be the new Riddler, but I haven't been told this by anyone from the studios."  Which I took to mean, "My God, I want the Riddler part.  I'm not above pullling a Sean Young and appearing on television in a homemade Riddler outfit if it means they'll give me a job!".

LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 06:57:18 PM »

Do we know that Nolan will be doing another film?  Especially as Bale is now doing Terminator movies?  Add to Ledger's death to that and I'd think he'd let the franchise go and use it's success to do his own brand new material.  But then, maybe Nolan is an actualy Batman Fanboi (lord knows he did the films right) and wants to do more Batman films.  

BTW, I loved the quasi sons of the bat sort of thing that Nolan did.  That sort of work exemplifies the touches to move the plot along that I think really show him off in small ways.
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »

Any other comic-nerds think it was a bit weird that Gordon's daughter (aka future Batgirl) got absolutely no face time?

I mean, I can understand if they decide never to introduce Batgirl into the new franchise.  The character's whole concept is a bit corny, anyway.  But it was like they went out of their way to make sure that the actress's face is never on-screen.  Even during the kidnapping, you only see like a third of her face for a fraction of a second. 

It struck me as a little odd, especially given that Gordon's wife and son both got a few scenes. 

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 07:17:29 PM »

Quote from: kadnod on July 21, 2008, 07:08:26 PM

Any other comic-nerds think it was a bit weird that Gordon's daughter (aka future Batgirl) got absolutely no face time?

I mean, I can understand if they decide never to introduce Batgirl into the new franchise.  The character's whole concept is a bit corny, anyway.  But it was like they went out of their way to make sure that the actress's face is never on-screen.  Even during the kidnapping, you only see like a third of her face for a fraction of a second. 

It struck me as a little odd, especially given that Gordon's wife and son both got a few scenes. 

i don't think they went out of their way to avoid showing her face so much as she was so inconsequential to the story that showing a close up of a table would have held as much significance to the story.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 07:27:03 PM »

I mentioned in my post above that I thought I saw Eckhart breathing as Batman and Gordon were discussing how to carry on.  I don't know if that was intentional or Eckhart not being able to conceal his breathing.  I mean, why would that fall kill Dent and not Batman?

Remember the scene in which Rachel was dropped from the building by The Joker, and Batman dived down, caught her, and broke her fall with the Bat-Suit?

I took that to be a bit of foreshadowing. Since we never actually see them hit the ground, Batman could have pulled the same stunt to save Harvey.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 07:38:44 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on July 21, 2008, 07:27:03 PM

Remember the scene in which Rachel was dropped from the building by The Joker, and Batman dived down, caught her, and broke her fall with the Bat-Suit?

I took that to be a bit of foreshadowing. Since we never actually see them hit the ground, Batman could have pulled the same stunt to save Harvey.

Yeah, except that Dent fell well before Batman did, and the fall was a relatively short one, so Batman wouldn't have had the time to catch him, at least, that's what I think.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 07:48:24 PM »

I completely and utterly disagree.  The final fate of Two Face was essential to the Joker's storyline.

I felt that the mere act of turning Harvey into Two Face was resolution enough for The Joker's storyline. He triumphed in corrupting Harvey, and the extent of that corruption could be played out in another movie. What I didn't like is Two Face's activities after he got out of the hospital - it seemed like an extremely rushed story arc for another villain. "Hey I'm Two Face! Let me quickly do some bad stuff and oh nos, I fell off a building and now I'm dead kthxbye."

However, as it stands I kind of hope that Two Face is indeed dead. Another movie featuring him would just make me pissed that they tried to cram so much of him into the last fifth of this one.

Call me crazy, but as for villains I'd really like to see Harley Quinn. She could tie in with The Joker and provide some continuity between the second and third films. She hasn't been done on the big screen in live action yet, and as a relatively recent character they could take plenty of liberties with her.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 07:55:07 PM by YellowKing » Logged
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 07:52:58 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on July 21, 2008, 06:57:18 PM

Do we know that Nolan will be doing another film?  Especially as Bale is now doing Terminator movies?  Add to Ledger's death to that and I'd think he'd let the franchise go and use it's success to do his own brand new material.  But then, maybe Nolan is an actualy Batman Fanboi (lord knows he did the films right) and wants to do more Batman films.  

BTW, I loved the quasi sons of the bat sort of thing that Nolan did.  That sort of work exemplifies the touches to move the plot along that I think really show him off in small ways.

Nolan will come back for the third film. You can bet on it. This one is going to be mega-succesful at the box-office. I think it'll easily break 300 million and keep on going. Warner Bros will want Nolan back. Christian Bale will be back too, regardless of the new Terminator movies. Bale know this is a massive cash cow, in the same way Robert Downey Jr is now priviledged. The success of this movie will free Nolan and Bale to do whatever the hell they want in the future, even if it bombs at the box office.

The same would have benefited Heath Ledger, and that's the tragic side this movie will always carry. Heath would have been huge after this movie. Hell, he'll be huge posthumously. But I get misty when I see how great his Joker is and how he would have carried that talent to other movies. It's truly a loss for the movies.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: