http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:02:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm  (Read 1403 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2004, 08:53:51 PM »

I had watched an episode last year and wasn't really wowed by it and didn't think it was that funny.  Recently some co-workers were talking about how good it was so I decided to give it another shot.  I don't know if it became funnier or what, but this show is great!  

The stuff that happens to Larry David is pretty mundane, but the way he handles it makes it end up being so bizarre and hilarious.  I think I've found my new favorite show.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 11:56:27 PM »

Never heard of it.

I saw an episode of "King of Queens" the other night, that was a really funny show.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 11:10:18 AM »

It's an HBO comedy that's in it's third season which stars former Seinfeld producer Larry David.  The show has a Seinfeld-esque feel too it which works out well.   It's one more reason why I talk myself into keeping HBO.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2004, 08:32:58 PM »

Oh, that explains it. I haven't had HBO for a couple years now. Too bad.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 10:59:14 PM »

I found the show to be very un-funny.

I wasn't a big fan of the Seinfeld show (or it's subsequent decade of syndicated re-runs on a half-dozen channels every night), and with the loss of some of the funnier characters that *did* keep people coming back to Seinfeld, CYE is a pathetic shadow to the former Jerry empire.

[/MyTwoCents] biggrin

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2004, 12:16:39 AM »

Best comedy on television!  Granted, you have to have a stomach for the abusrd.  The writing is top-notch, and I really enjoy Larry's character.  I think he is the kind of person I would be if I didn't know how to keep my big mouth shut. biggrin

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: