http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 12:17:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CSI Las Vegas Finale  (Read 1401 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2008, 04:22:35 AM »

Man that sucks.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I heard he wanted to leave, and when he was at the restaurant I knew something was going to go down.  Sucks that he left, I think the show is going to end soon.  I think the cast is getting tired and want to move on.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2008, 05:20:29 AM »

The wife said what was going to happen before it did. I was totally surprised at who it was and how it went down.

I saw on the news where the guy that plays Warrick was arrested for heroine and cocaine. heavy.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 11:37:37 AM »

That was a shocker considering how long the show has been going on. What's it been, 7-8 years now?

Ye Olde Farte
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 02:33:46 PM »

Quote from: naednek on May 16, 2008, 04:22:35 AM

Man that sucks.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I heard he wanted to leave, and when he was at the restaurant I knew something was going to go down.  Sucks that he left, I think the show is going to end soon.  I think the cast is getting tired and want to move on.

Can the Boobs McBooberton step up to the field job?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 09:48:13 PM »

damn, i missed it.  can someone spoilerize it for me?  or should i just wait for the inevitable rerun?

i guess it's just one more reason to watch csi HORATIO CAINE!!!111!!!!: miami

Mr. Fed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 10:19:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on May 16, 2008, 09:48:13 PM

Reasons to watch CSI Miami:

1.  Boobage.

2.  Eye-candy visuals (the colors are particularly stunning in HD -- more than nearly any other show, it really shows off HD capability).

3.  Laughing at Horatio's intonation and lines.  My wife and I try to guess what is opening put-on-the-sunglasses-emo-move line will be.

Popehat, a blog.  Now 35% less ugly!
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2008, 10:49:04 PM »

If I were a fictional Miami resident, I'd be pissed that my tax dollars were going to fuel Horatio's Hummer.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:55:21 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on May 16, 2008, 10:49:04 PM

If I were a fictional Miami resident, I'd be pissed that my tax dollars were going to fuel Horatio's Hummer.

It's great imitating Horatio Crane, because anyone who's seen the show for five minutes knows exactly what you're doing.  It's a surefire hit.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »

I tried to watch Miami once..I HATE HATE HATE Caruso though so it didn't work out. I also tried the watch NY when it came out. Got 4 eps in and never went back..and I love both the lead actors in it. To me CSI is Grissom and team. Nothing else works.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2008, 11:36:07 PM »

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2008, 11:49:59 PM »

Quote from: Mr. Fed on May 16, 2008, 10:19:54 PM

Reasons to watch CSI Miami:

1.  Boobage.

2.  Eye-candy visuals (the colors are particularly stunning in HD -- more than nearly any other show, it really shows off HD capability).

3.  Laughing at Horatio's intonation and lines.  My wife and I try to guess what is opening put-on-the-sunglasses-emo-move line will be.
Don't forget the now classic "side pose".  Horatio didn't do it early on, but now he never seems to actually have his shoulders squared to the person he's talking to.  It's always body facing one way, head vaguely aimed at whoever he's talking to.

CSI is a better technical show, but the cheese factor makes Miami a much more entertaining show for me to watch.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 02:04:38 AM »

damn, i missed it.  can someone spoilerize it for me?  or should i just wait for the inevitable rerun?

yeah can someone tell us what happened? no time to watch now but would like to know  thumbsup

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:17 AM »

A quick summary:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The meat of the show is that Warrick wakes up on the floor of Lou Geta's (sp?) place, and calls Grissom.  Geta's dead, Warrick's covered in blood, his handcuffs are on the victim, and his gun was the murder weapon.  It's tied to a case where the body of a private investigator was found crammed into a coffin with another (unrelated) dead guy - Warrick had hired the investigator to keep tabs on Geta, against department policy.

Grissom and company start a shadow investigation paralleling Eckley's (sp?) team.  They discover that the blood stains on Warrick's shirt indicate that he was held from beneath the arms, indicating that he was drugged.  They found chloroform in Geta's body, but not in Warrick's because it gets broken down too quickly.  Ultimately, after assuming that Geta's dirty cop (as alleged early in the season) was involved, they determine that there were one cop's fingerprints on the PI's coffin and in Geta's office - but that this cop was only assigned to the latter crime scene.  He turns out to have fled, but they check his handcuff key and find blood on it.

Warrick's exonerated, but the Undersheriff demotes him because of his malfeasance.  Grissom and everyone go out to breakfast and smile a lot.  They break up and go their separate ways.

Warrick goes to his car in the alley outside the restaurant.  The Undersheriff shows up, knocks on his window, and apologizes for missing the breakfast.  He compliments Warrick on his persistence, and Warrick acknowledges that he's going to work to find the missing beat cop.  The Undersheriff shoots him twice in the head and walks away.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2008, 02:13:43 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 17, 2008, 02:04:38 AM

yeah can someone tell us what happened? no time to watch now but would like to know  thumbsup

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVmEYocDoqk
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 03:58:00 AM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on May 17, 2008, 02:13:43 AM

Quote from: USMC Kato on May 17, 2008, 02:04:38 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qVmEYocDoqk

Thanks.....  crybaby crybaby crybaby crybaby

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 04:56:47 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 16, 2008, 11:07:20 PM

I tried to watch Miami once..I HATE HATE HATE Caruso though so it didn't work out. I also tried the watch NY when it came out. Got 4 eps in and never went back..and I love both the lead actors in it. To me CSI is Grissom and team. Nothing else works.

I held the same opinion and as others have mentioned, Miami is good for hot chicks and cheese factor. After a long time of being the red-headed step-child of the CSI shows, I now prefer NY over vegas. Now oi booby McBooberson becomes a field CSI on vegas I might change my mind.  eek

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 05:42:33 AM »

I saw online today the new actress coming into the show. they also said they are looking for an atletic type male actor to add to the show. The wife asked me about the  black actress that Sara was training before she left. Im not sure what happened to that character.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on May 17, 2008, 05:42:33 AM

The wife asked me about the  black actress that Sara was training before she left. Im not sure what happened to that character.

ya know, that is a good question.  she seemed to just disappear without any reason.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 04:40:47 PM »

Pssh, did you see the other day that they have a clear glass monitor and a Surface setup in the back of the Hummer?  Nothing like $10,000 prototype gear to scream "Steal me!"

CSI NY had a blunder this week too - they needed to find out where a guy was updating a website from and the reply was "Oh, I'll program a GUI in visual basic and then we can track it".  Really?  So when did visual basic = triangulation?   The way it works is this: CSI gets subpoena from judge - subpoena goes to Engineer at ISP.  Guy at ISP does a recursive record lookup to see who is using the IP.  Guy runs a tracert command on the IP and sees that it is going through a, for instance, Starbucks wireless connection.  Police converge on Starbucks.  Visual Basic != homing device.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 05:32:20 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 17, 2008, 04:40:47 PM

Pssh, did you see the other day that they have a clear glass monitor and a Surface setup in the back of the Hummer?  Nothing like $10,000 prototype gear to scream "Steal me!"

CSI NY had a blunder this week too - they needed to find out where a guy was updating a website from and the reply was "Oh, I'll program a GUI in visual basic and then we can track it".  Really?  So when did visual basic = triangulation?   The way it works is this: CSI gets subpoena from judge - subpoena goes to Engineer at ISP.  Guy at ISP does a recursive record lookup to see who is using the IP.  Guy runs a tracert command on the IP and sees that it is going through a, for instance, Starbucks wireless connection.  Police converge on Starbucks.  Visual Basic != homing device.

Heh - yeah, I caught that as well.  The week prior, I believe, they'd actually used one of our projects coming out of research, called PhotoSynth.  It was featured in the episode with the homecoming dance murder, and they essentially used it as though they were in that Blade Runner scene where they navigate around inside a picture.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2008, 12:11:17 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on May 17, 2008, 04:40:47 PM

Yah, they totally should have been using c#.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: