http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 01:05:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crocs - For Women Only?  (Read 3645 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:56:18 AM »

Wife and I were talking about getting some comfy shoes and I had noticed that her Crocs always look pretty darn comfortable - so I mentioned that I wouldn't mind getting a pair. To which she replied that she thought they were a womans only shoe.

Seems odd to me since they don't exactly look that feminine. So what's the dealio? Any other guys out there got a pair? (of crocs I mean) 
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:01:24 AM »

If you buy them and wear them I will immediately shun you. Croc wearers are weird and gross.
helot2000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:08:08 AM »

Amazon has a listing for Men's Crocs.  Mind you, I am not speaking from personal experience. 

I remember my 11th grade Spanish teacher told us about how in his native country of Argentina, men wore purses.  I'm worried that you might be subject to the same kind of derision that my Spanish teacher endured.  Do you have thick skin...like a croc? 

Saving the world one post at a time.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 02:19:13 AM »

uhhhhh, yeahhhhh... I don't think so.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 03:05:06 AM »

You can only wear them if you also drive a VW Beetle or a Mazda Miata.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 03:11:24 AM »

Crocs - for nobody. 

Seriously, they look like something my mom would have worn out in the yard while doing some gardening or something. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 03:22:58 AM »

If I was a chef I bet they would be great. From what I hear health care people like them too.

I would maybe wear them camping.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 03:56:42 AM »

Quote from: Lee on April 18, 2007, 03:22:58 AM

From what I hear health care people like them too.

I see 'em all the time at the hospital. I've generally thought they looked stupid, but I'm starting to wonder if they might not be a good idea - I'm on my feet 12 hours a day and they look like they'd breathe much better than my current set of shoes. If they're just as comfortable as the current pair, I can't see anything but a win-win.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on April 18, 2007, 03:56:42 AM

Quote from: Lee on April 18, 2007, 03:22:58 AM

From what I hear health care people like them too.

I see 'em all the time at the hospital. I've generally thought they looked stupid, but I'm starting to wonder if they might not be a good idea - I'm on my feet 12 hours a day and they look like they'd breathe much better than my current set of shoes. If they're just as comfortable as the current pair, I can't see anything but a win-win.

Just ewww. Don't do that. FOr the love of god don't be one of those people. I like you too much.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 11:58:28 AM »

Screw you guys!!  I have several pair in different colors i wear at night as well being on my feet for 12+ hours.  Hey CrayolaSmoker, get you a pair!  The comfort is incredible.  Makes being on the feet for near 13 hours bearable.

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »

I wear actual baby crocodiles on my feet cuz i'm a MAN baby! Yeah!

Well they're not really alive except when the LSD kicks in

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 01:31:57 PM »

I thought crocs were only worn by "Crazy Bag Lady" types.  Am I wrong?  Wow.  smile
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 01:46:05 PM »

They're really comfortable... I used them a bunch when I was farming last year.

That said, I wouldn't be caught in public wearing them.
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2007, 01:49:16 PM »

I used to work as a surgical technician and I wore Dansko clogs because I could slip them on and off without having to touch them (blood and guts got on them all the time).  Then, people started wearing Crocs and I always thought that they were insane because there are huge holes in them!  Blood and guts on the foot = not ok! 

So, I say no.  Don't get any.

xbox live: nude rick james
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2007, 03:23:02 PM »

Dude.  No.

gellar
Kratz
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »

What's next, those idiotic Ug boots for dudes?

"and your hair, that thing you do, with your bangs... oh my god... i'm gonna puke
and those boots....
who came up with an idea to make boots that ugly anyway, some so-called fashion designer inspired by princess leia circa empire strikes back?"
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2007, 05:07:56 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 18, 2007, 04:30:43 PM

What's next, those idiotic Ug boots for dudes?

"and your hair, that thing you do, with your bangs... oh my god... i'm gonna puke
and those boots....
who came up with an idea to make boots that ugly anyway, some so-called fashion designer inspired by princess leia circa empire strikes back?"

If I ever saw a man wearing those Fuggs as I call them, I would hit him where he stood.
Kratz
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2007, 05:16:27 PM »

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2007, 05:24:35 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 18, 2007, 05:16:27 PM

I will find him and end this.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »

I guess some men wear crocs.  Some men wear dresses, listen to Avril Levigne or use macs.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2007, 06:00:50 PM »

What? Are capris for men next?

Never mind. Wikipeida tells men that some "young men" have already adopted them.

biggrin

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2007, 06:30:55 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on April 18, 2007, 03:11:24 AM

Crocs - for nobody. 

Seriously, they look like something my mom would have worn out in the yard while doing some gardening or something. 

I won't lie, this is the primary reason for me to own a pair. Crocs serve a couple of purposes. One, they are great for little kids, obvioulsy knock offs are fine, and they are very multi-functional. I wouldn't wear them as an everyday shoe, but if I am going to be near or in any body of water I would wear my crocs they make flip-flops look stupid by comparison. They are damn near indestructible, waterproof and you just leave em outside to dry off. For gardening or anything in the mud the same rules apply.

So Crocs are fine if they aren't your everyday shoe, and they make them in Men's sizes and colors. It's no different than wearing birkenstocks or anything like that. It's a sandal/flip flop/work wear.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 06:33:30 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 06:36:24 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on April 18, 2007, 05:59:36 PM

Some men are like ATB, and thus not manly.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 06:42:01 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on April 18, 2007, 06:30:55 PM

Crocs - for nobody. 

I won't lie, this is the primary reason for me to own a pair. Crocs serve a couple of purposes. One, they are great for little kids, obvioulsy knock offs are fine, and they are very multi-functional. I wouldn't wear them as an everyday shoe, but if I am going to be near or in any body of water I would wear my crocs they make flip-flops look stupid by comparison. They are damn near indestructible, waterproof and you just leave em outside to dry off. For gardening or anything in the mud the same rules apply.

So Crocs are fine if they aren't your everyday shoe, and they make them in Men's sizes and colors. It's no different than wearing birkenstocks or anything like that. It's a sandal/flip flop/work wear.
Neither crocs nor the abomination that is birkenstocks are comparable to something as innocuous and normal as flip-flops. Dear god man, do you know what you say? Just yucky!
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 06:48:14 PM »

I'm not making a case for Crocs, I hate them personally, but here's a guy who wears Crocs constantly:

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 06:51:55 PM »

Quote from: WarPig on April 18, 2007, 06:48:14 PM

I'm not making a case for Crocs, I hate them personally, but here's a guy who wears Crocs constantly:

....and you just made my case. Its Multo Fatso Mario!! Ugh, HATE HIM on Food Network!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 06:53:49 PM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 18, 2007, 06:42:01 PM

Quote from: Tebunker on April 18, 2007, 06:30:55 PM

Crocs - for nobody. 

Neither crocs nor the abomination that is birkenstocks are comparable to something as innocuous and normal as flip-flops. Dear god man, do you know what you say? Just yucky!

I'll join in on any anti-croc crusade, but a hatred for birkenstocks as well?  Birk's are damn comfortable, and they look just fine on my man-feet, thank you very much!
Kratz
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »

STFU, hippy.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2007, 07:21:24 PM »

Quote from: Kratz on April 18, 2007, 07:15:58 PM

STFU, hippy.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2007, 07:23:38 PM »

The problem with you guys is that you're soft and never done a days hard work your entire life.  slywink People who have been on their feet all day, especially working outside in the yard appreciate the comfort of the crocs.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:44:34 PM by Tebunker » Logged

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
warning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 07:28:41 PM »

Quote from: Tebunker on April 18, 2007, 07:23:38 PM

The problem with you guys is that you're soft and never done a days hard work your entire life. People who have been on their feet all day, especially working outside in the yard appreciate the comfort of the crocs.

Real men have callouses.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2007, 07:32:54 PM »

The problem with you guys is that you're soft and never done a days hard work your entire life. People who have been on their feet all day, especially working outside in the yard appreciate the comfort of the crocs.
Crocs would not have been appropriate attire in the Uranium mill, construction sites or oil field where I've worked.

Now I do have a cushy job...and they're still not appropriate. biggrin

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2007, 07:37:55 PM »

Quote from: warning on April 18, 2007, 07:28:41 PM

Real men have callouses.

+1

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »

Quote from: warning on April 18, 2007, 07:28:41 PM

Real men have callouses.

Warning's feet after years of hard labor:

DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 12:09:23 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 18, 2007, 06:51:55 PM

Quote from: WarPig on April 18, 2007, 06:48:14 PM

....and you just made my case. Its Multo Fatso Mario!! Ugh, HATE HIM on Food Network!

soooo let me get this straight....

You think it's unmanly to wear crocs.....

yet you freely admit to watching and even have opinions about people on the FOOD NETWORK????? That's just barely better than knowing the schedule of the Lifetime network.   ;-)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 12:33:40 AM »

is this your way of coming out of the closet?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2007, 12:49:04 AM »

I've browsed these forums enough to know when to just hush up and not press the issue.  I choose to do that now in order to preserve my "no-reputation" instead of one that's COMPLETELY false.

But yes, I do watch Food Network.  I think Alton Brown is educational as well as entertaining and Anthony Bourdain (see: Travel Channel) is right about the rest of them.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2007, 01:46:34 AM »

The problem with you guys is that you're soft and never done a days hard work your entire life.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

People who have been on their feet all day, especially working outside in the yard appreciate the comfort of the crocs.

Form over function, sir.

gellar
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2007, 02:12:27 AM »

The Food Network is entertaining, fun, educational, features a few hot ass women, and is totally manly. Crocs and birkenstocks are for dirty, disgusting, hippy, smelly ass feet hippies frown
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 02:45:53 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on April 19, 2007, 02:12:27 AM

The Food Network is entertaining, fun, educational, features a few hot ass women, and is totally manly. Crocs and birkenstocks are for dirty, disgusting, hippy, smelly ass feet hippies frown

I only have to say one thing:

Giada

Thread over, she wins, I'll watch it with my wife if only to see an extremely attractive Italian former model/actress show off her cleavage and cooking a great meal.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: