http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 12:09:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Counterfeit items on Ebay - advice?  (Read 707 times)
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 01, 2010, 03:21:41 PM »

Has anyone had any luck disputing an auction purchase through Ebay or Paypal?

In a stupid moment of impulse, I purchased a pair of UGG boots for my wife's birthday on Ebay just to save around $15. They arrived over the weekend and they are clearly fakes based on a lot of the information I am seeing on the UGG Australia website (they have an entire "How to Spot Counterfeit Uggs" section).

I re-checked the auction and while the seller doesn't claim that the item is authentic, they do claim to be genuine - same difference in my opion. The seller has yet to respond to my request for a refund - they do say in the auction terms that they will refund for a merchandise credit, which I don't want. I want my damn money back! Should I have an issue - have any of you had to go down this road with either Paypal or Ebay?

Ugg (Ugh, Get it?)
coopasonic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 03:27:32 PM »

Not helpful advice, but somewhere along the way ebay turned into a hive of scum and villainy.

Just curious, what was the feedback like on the seller?

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 05:05:36 PM »

The seller has a 98.2% feedback rating - I was able to find one other person who bought Uggs from them and they left positive feedback.

I am sooooo kicking myself right now!!
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »

I would contact the seller first...and if that doesn't work I would contact Ebay.  I assume they have a very strong policy about selling fakes and yours are.  The seller claimed the were Uggs and they were not.  If he said "just like Uggs" fine but it doesn't sound like he did.

Also he may have thought the were real when he got them.  It never hurts to ask.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 05:45:59 PM »

I have a friend who buys lots of golf equipment off e-bay. The last batch of Titleist Pro V1's he bought were fakes. The paint came off. He complained to paypal and they refunded his money. But I think my friend will now think twice before buying balls on e-bay.

Who knew people sold "re-furbished" golf balls? They are actually on Target and Costco's web sites. That is apparently what somebody was selling as new.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 06:51:13 PM »

no-one should buy balls on Ebay...

A new one
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »

I bought a kidney off ebay and the bastards who sent it forgot to pack it in ice. icon_cry  Now I'm stuck with it. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 08:16:21 PM »

Complaining on ebay tends to favor the complainer.  So go for it.
Scuzz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 10:11:43 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 01, 2010, 06:51:13 PM

but what if you don't like the ones you have.......
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 12:37:18 AM »

Just be sure to keep an eye on your deadline for official complaints.  PayPal stops caring about your problems after 30 days (or at least it used to be that way) and I forget what eBay's deadlines are.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »

Quote from: Scuzz on February 01, 2010, 10:11:43 PM

Quote from: Razgon on February 01, 2010, 06:51:13 PM

but what if you don't like the ones you have.......

Grow a new pair.. ;-)

A new one
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2010, 11:07:02 AM »

My sister also bought a pair of counterfeit Uggs on Ebay.  She lodged a complaint with Paypal and I think she managed to get her money back (but had to pay for shipping to return the boots).  So basically she managed to get no boots and lose on the shipping both ways.  I think my advice would be to get a brain (sorry to sound harsh) and never ever ever buy brand names goods off of Ebay.
Poomba
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2010, 02:52:42 PM »

Thanks Canuck - you sound like my wife  slywink

I have to give them 48 hours to respond I suppose - according to the disclaimer on Ebay when I sent them a message through their system. That expires later this afternoon. I will most likely escalate it with Paypal then. Not too worried about the shipping since they shipped them for free to me - so I'll only lose out one way.

Thanks for all of the input - off to buy an Authentic Ugg Kidney that has a great "Buy it Now" price!
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »

I saw someone wearing some knockoff Uggs a few weeks ago, but unlike the ones you ended up this maker didn't try to seriously hide the mimickry.  The label said "Ughs."
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 04:54:28 AM »

Those, then, would technically not be counterfeit.  One heck of a loophole, but they're not actually representing that they are the original brand.  Personally, if I were going to attempt that, I would attempt a stylized ""Ugoj" to get closer to the appearance.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: