http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 12:34:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cop tells airman to get up, airman gets up & is shot  (Read 4010 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2006, 04:17:17 PM »

Now I know why this area of the forum is labeled 'off topic'
warning

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2006, 04:59:37 PM »

Quote from: "Harkonis"

I honestly think a thread could be started on shoelaces and by page two it would have devolved into "Bush is bad" "No he isn't" "Yes he is"

It's a pretty bizarre and increasingly common phenomenon around here.  Heck if I understand it.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2006, 05:51:22 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I honestly think a thread could be started on shoelaces and by page two it would have devolved into "Bush is bad" "No he isn't" "Yes he is"

It's a pretty bizarre and increasingly common phenomenon around here.  Heck if I understand it.

Bush>Oil>Plastic>those plastic tips on shoelaces.....

Pro Bush: If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have shoelaces, our shoes would fall off and we would have to walk around barefoot. (This can also then start an argument about wether he is pro/con automobiles if he wants us to walk)
Anti Bush: Because of him we have shoelaces and thus shoelace related injuries, such as tripping and strangling. (This can also than start an argument on healthcare for the injuries and the death penalty for strangulations...)

Take any topic and do a 6 degrees of separation for Bush....
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2006, 07:03:19 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
Quote from: "Rhinohelix"
You might want to recheck that, given the pending indictment of William Jefferson, D-Louisanna for demanding bribes to help set up African telecom deals.  This is the idiot who comandeered a heavy NG truck during Katrina to go to his house in New Orleans in an attempt to destroy eivdence.  If you think Jack Abrhamoff just directed money to Republicans, you have a shock awaiting you.

Once again, the battlecry of "they do it too".

Unlike Republicans, the Democrat voters don't defend criminals in their party.  You do the crime, you do the time.

:lol:  Oh, thats just rich. I love it. Dems are just as corrupt, just as in bed with extremists and corporations/lobbiysts. Here's an easy example, where was N.O.W. during the whole Clinton thing? No charges of sexual harrassment? No condemnation? They were strangely silent on that one. Perhaps that was because he was "their man" passing legislation they wanted. Lets not even go into presidential pardons. Thats a time honored tradition that knows no party limitation.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2006, 09:02:12 PM »

It is funny that you can say both parties are buggered and that is not good enough for our democratic members here.

"Yeah well the repbulicans are way more screwed up than we are".

Political and religous discussions on the internet by and large do not come to an agreement.
unbreakable
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2006, 01:09:18 AM »

The problem being, of course, that the Democrats have zero influence in the current government.  So the current EPIC level of corruption has sole ownership by a single party.

The talking-point reply to that situation, however, is to say "yeah, but the Democrats took bribes too", or that Clinton got his knob polished.

It's all just scapegoating, because they refuse to admit that they bought in to the huge lie that is the "conservative movement".  By their very votes, they are complicit in the failure to elect good leadership for our country.  The Bush family has such an overwhelming past of corruption and collusion with America's enemies, it's amazing they aren't all in jail, much less running our entire government.  When you elect people like that, don't be amazed that you get kleptocracy and fascism.

I had a conservative movement about an hour ago, and flushed it down soon afterward.  Our country would be well served by following my example.
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2006, 01:05:22 PM »

Quote from: "warning"

I`m with you on that one. Unfortunelty, it`s not just around here... :roll: Plus, the majority of politicians are corrupt regardless of what party they belong to :wink: .
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2006, 05:11:44 PM »

Ok the clock is running on the but the republicans are in power and so they are worser than the democrats ohmygodtheskyisfalling
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2006, 02:21:27 PM »

Apart from the tin foil crowd, is there any news on, you know, the subject of this thread?

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »

I didn't read all the offtopic posts in this thread, so I don't know if this was mentioned but the guy who videotaped the shooting got arrested on an 8 year old warrant!  Yeah, that doesn't make me think the cops are trying to hide something... :roll:

His wife doesn't seem to think anything is odd about that, which makes ME think there is something odd about his wife, hehe.

read about it here
unbreakable
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2006, 09:13:02 PM »

I can't really call conspiracy on that.  A warrant is a warrant; you gotta get that crap taken care of.

If your name is in the news, expect a knock on the door.  I would imagine he may have an easier time finding a lawyer, however.
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2006, 09:29:23 PM »

I don't know that conspiracy is the right word.  It's just that it looks funny that right after videotaping that incident, this guy gets busted on an old warrant.  

You know there were cops and or DA's looking into the histories of everyone involved, HOPING to find something to make them look bad, cause that would draw attention from the REAL issue.  That is what makes this lame, imo.  

Flip it around, say the guy videotapes something that shows the cop was clearly in the right, you think they look into his background and arrest him?  I don't think so.  They'd probably give him some kind of award.
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2006, 09:51:51 PM »

once they arrested him I am sure he was run through the system.  you can have a warrant and not even know about it.

I registered my car after moving to GA and six months later I got a summons to court.  Somehow I managed to get a traffic ticket three months before I had even moved to the state.  I figured they either recycled the license plate or a cop screwed up when writing the numbers down.  Went to the clerks office and show them that I still lived in VA at the time and they wiped out the ticket for me.  Had I not gotten the mailing or been pulled over I would have very likely been wearing matching silver bracelets.
unbreakable
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2006, 10:46:47 PM »

I don't even think it's a matter of trying to discredit the guy who made the tape, although it could be petty revenge.

Wasnt there an incident where someone rescued someone (fire or something?) and they were arrested after their name appeared in the paper?  I can't recall the incident, it happened in the last year or two.

Anyway, I look at it more as the sort of thing that happens when you have a warrant and your name gets in the paper.  That doesnt invalidate anything on the tape.  And it also doesn't mean he is a bad person, he could have been genuinely unaware of the warrant.
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2006, 04:38:31 AM »

Wasnt there an incident where someone rescued someone (fire or something?) and they were arrested after their name appeared in the paper? I can't recall the incident, it happened in the last year or two.

I remember the incident but don't remember when either. There was an apartment complex fire, the guy (young, like late teens/early twenties) saved bunches of people.  He keeps going in and out of the building.  Finally, he ended up saving like 8 or people.  He gets pinched just a few days later after local cops see the news and remember him. :|

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: