http://gamingtrend.com
September 17, 2014, 03:47:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cop pulls over wife...strangness ensues  (Read 1264 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 09, 2004, 02:30:27 AM »

Ok the setup...my wife is 4'8" and 80lbs....when she drives it appears like the car is driverless from behind.

Ok today my wife takes her dad to town. Near us is an industrial park like area. The speed limit is NOT posted. So a cop turns on his sirens and pulls her over. When he gets up to her window he starts laughing and asks for her drivers liscense. He stares at it then her at it then her and says "You're not 41 are you??" and my wife replies "yes I am" and points at her dad beside her "thats my 80 year old father you can ask him" lol....ok this would have ended without strangness right here if the cop had some backbone but we think he is now embarrassed because he thought it was some guy letting a little kid drive a car since my wife is so small. So he tries to cover it up...

Cop - "umm do you know how fast you were going?"
Wife - "My speedometer said 36"
Cop - "well you might have been speeding a little"
Wife - "Might have? Whats the posted speed limit?"
Cop - "Im not sure"
Wife - "you dont know and you pulled me over because i might have been speeding?"
Cop - "You're free to go...move along"

He coulda just came out and said he thought she was a little kid driving lol.

To top off the day my wife locked her keys in the car again and had to have the police open it for her. Here we have a pair of ederly gentlemen police officers around thier 70s who among thier helpful duties reply to locked car keys. They are very nice and gracious and honestly all towns should have guys like these. This was the 2nd time to respond to her. My wife does this a lot haha. The last time she sent them a thank you letter and the police chief wrote her one back thanking her for thanking them. Most people never bother with a thank you for thier service. They get thier help then drive off and forget them.

Today it took them 30 minutes of messing with it to open the doors. In the end they had to reach a wire in and grab the keys and fanangle them through the window. Trans-Ams have wierd locks. Anyways we went up to our local steak house and bought them $30 in gift certificates. These guys are great and we appreciate thier work. Others should remember to give thanks to those who serve no matter thier offical titles.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 02:48:31 AM »

It must be nice living in Mayberry.  :wink:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 03:13:16 AM »

Cops can be ridiculous sometimes.  A cop once pulled my ex-girlfriend and I over and he said something along the lines of:

"Drivers License and Registration please... I saw you had your brights on and thought you might be lost..."

But those two old guys sound nice.  Well done with the thank you letter and the gift certificate.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 03:06:12 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
It must be nice living in Mayberry.  :wink:

haha thats exactaly what i was thinking when i read that last part.

AttA
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2004, 03:50:29 PM »

Hahhhaaha, thanks for the humor this early in the morning.  I can picture this in my head.  Funny stuff.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2004, 04:21:17 PM »

Cops can be ridiculous sometimes.

Sometimes?  Seems to be the norm.  I could go on, but I'll just leave it at that.   :evil:

Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 01:16:08 AM »

Quote from: "Daehawk"
Ok the setup...my wife is 4'8" and 80lbs....when she drives it appears like the car is driverless from behind.

Sounds like my wife. I thought if I married a tiny girl she couldn't physically abuse me.

The I woke up with a ballgag in my mouth, duct taped to the bed and smelling of kerosine....
Cleric7

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 03:23:52 PM »

Quote from: "Default"
Quote from: "Daehawk"

Sounds like my wife. I thought if I married a tiny girl she couldn't physically abuse me.

The I woke up with a ballgag in my mouth, duct taped to the bed and smelling of kerosine....

God, I hate it when that happens...

"All that is necessary for evil to flourish is for good people to do nothing."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: