http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 12:52:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats Depward and TML  (Read 1262 times)
WinoMcCougarstein
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: December 10, 2005, 07:38:14 PM »

The twins are graduating from college today!  Congrats guys, I'm going to miss you big time!  Jesus, I cant believe you are already graduating from college, it feels like we just got done with high school.  You two have been great friends to me for a long time, and I've appreciated and enjoyed every minute of it.  Thank you guys!

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 09:09:28 PM »

Great job on the finishing of college!  thumbsup  

You deserve a beer (or two..or three) on me, but the best I can do is offer some Animal Crossing oranges.  Tongue

Congratulations!!!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 09:46:09 PM »

Congrats guys!  I'm about 6 months behind you, and I can only imagine the elation....seriously, congrats.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2005, 10:19:44 PM »

Thanks everyone!

And Jeremy, yeah, it's been an unbelievable 3 years of school here with you.  You're the man, and however sappy/gay this may sound, the best times I had in college involved you.  I won't forget some of our memories.  Hope you and Sandy enjoy the rest of your time in Pullman and I know I'll be seeing you two in Camas when all is said and done biggrin  

And a note, these past 4.5 years (don't snicker biggrin) went by really quick and I just wanna let people know that if you're in college, really, really cherish the time you guys have and enjoy every minute of it.  Because it zoomed by.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2005, 10:27:25 PM »

Well, now I feel old.  Congrats all.  Good luck starting careers.  It won't be long until you're old and jaded like the rest of us.  Just kidding.  Real life only stays unfun as long as you let it.  Game on.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »

Wowie - great for you two! And you have some great memories it sounds like.  Big-Time Congrats are in order...  Have some bubbly on me!

OOPS - my bad, guess I drank that one already! :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 11:35:56 PM »

congrats guys!  sure is a great feeling to know you've finally finished isn't it?  now you can go back for grad school slywink

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
And a note, these past 4.5 years (don't snicker biggrin) went by really quick and I just wanna let people know that if you're in college, really, really cherish the time you guys have and enjoy every minute of it.  Because it zoomed by.

so true...best memories i have are from my college days and i'd gladly go back and do it again if i could Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 12:41:29 AM »

Congrats!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 01:25:25 AM »

Congratulations!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 01:41:31 AM »

Congrats!  So, what did you guys major in?  You know, besides getting spanked by CeeKay in UT2K4?  :wink:

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 02:00:48 AM »

Bachelor of Arts in Communication with an English minor.  So, essentially, I have no idea what to do with it.

I'd be interested in knowing what other people on this forum have majored in and what they're doing now.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 02:19:04 AM »

Bachelor of Arts in Communication with an English minor.  So, essentially, I have no idea what to do with it.

What everyone else does.  Either teach or go into a completely unrelated field.  Tongue

I'd be interested in knowing what other people on this forum have majored in and what they're doing now.

I had majored in Chemical Engineering, left to pursue make-up SFX and now work in banking operations.  How's that for no direction?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2005, 02:33:03 AM »

Ye Olde Farte
depward

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2005, 02:39:03 AM »

Thanks for the congrats gatorfavre.  Man, seriously, we really did have some great times during college.  Knowing you through my life has been awesome and college only highlighted just how great of a friend you are.  Whether it was playing countless nights of NHL online, dinging around cutting your hand, playing roller hockey and checking Morgan, or otherwise - there are those moments that will stick with me forEEEEEVER.  So yeah - I'm sure we'll be seeing each other a lot anyways.

Thanks to everyone else too!

I have a degree in Advertising with a minor in English.  Advertising is a really interesting business to me.  Dunno if it'll be something I'll go into though . . . we'll see.  Seeing as how I'm part of the creative side of things, media buying/selling and such is hard for me in that field - having to grab rate cards from places, compute CPM/GRPs/ratings in general, make media flowcharts - hard stuff!  But it's an interesting and dynamic field.

College DOES just zip on by though!  AND I even attended three different colleges (Eastern Washington University, University of Nevada, Reno, and here - Washington State University) and it took me four and a half to get through.  But boy was that a FAST period of time.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2005, 02:54:25 AM »

my primary undergrad degree was a BS in Biochemistry from Indiana University...also got a second major in History & Philosophy of Science with a focus on the history of medicine.  that was all just a stepping stone to medical school though.  i graduated with my MD degree back in May of this year and have been working ever since.  i'll start my residency training in anesthesiology in july Cool

i spent eight years in college/med school and do miss it now, but there's something to be said for finally doing the job i've wanted for so long and getting a steady paycheck.  i do find myself wishing i could go back to my junior/senior year of undergrad sometime though...best time of my life

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2005, 03:21:36 AM »

BS in Industrial Systems Engineering and I'm finishing up eight years of driving submarines and running nuclear reactors in the navy.  I'll probably be doing technical-related work for the navy as a civilian sometime in the next year.  

Congratuatlons on graduation guys!  I would so love to go back to college full time.  Its one of those experiences that doesn't really sink in how awesome it was until you've been away for a while.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2005, 03:59:45 AM »

Ah, congrats you two fellas! Welcome to the neverchanging mundane "Is it weekend yet???" period in your lives. :twisted:

Myself, I've a Bachelor's in Fine Arts, majoring in Graphic Design. Basically, I'm one of those people that the "true artists" call sell-outs, because I actually want to be able to support myself financially. smile

Work the nightshift at the local newspaper as a graphic designer, and rising in ranks steadily. Nigthshift stinks, though. Out of sync with everything/everyone else.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2005, 05:46:23 AM »

OMG I can't believe I am late to the party.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Actually that seems a little understated considering all the interesting things we've shared over your college years.  I can't believe you've finally done it.  Truly amazing.

These are exciting times.  Enjoy that "freshly graduated" feeling while you can.  It's exhilarating to wake up in the morning, realize you have zero commitments, and go back to sleep.  Enjoy it while you can because someday soon you will wake up, realize you have zero commitments, try to go back to sleep and then find yourself gripped with terror that you better start doing something about it.  It will never be that good again.

I think I just ruined your little party here.  Guess it's a good thing I showed up as things were winding down now that I've killed the celebratory vibe.

Good job and good luck!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2005, 02:25:33 PM »

Way to go, guys!  *insert something witty here*

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

congratz!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2005, 05:02:43 PM »

Congrats!   thumbsup

I have a BA in multimedia. Basically that means I can use a bunch of software to do art. So now my career is a programmer. I write code all day now, but it has been a long slow transition from doing graphic design right after college.

LiveTAG: happydog
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2005, 07:45:55 PM »

In 6 months I'll have a BA in Comp Sci of Network Engineering w/ a minor in International Business.  Those + Japanese language course = somebody competent in the MS Xbox Division?  We shall see...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: