http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 12:17:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College Football 2013 kickoff  (Read 952 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2013, 03:01:25 AM »

someone might want to check on msduncan.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2013, 03:23:21 AM »

my visual of the events:

msduncan confident, going game over!

uh oh.... OMG STOP HIM STOP HIM STOP HIM

nnOOOOOooooOOOOooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooOOO!!!!!!

duncs?  you ok there bro?  you look kinda-

Tongue

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2013, 03:56:31 AM »

Be probably doesn't care because college football is so stupid that Alabama will end up in the title game again like a couple years ago.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2013, 04:06:40 AM »

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2013, 04:38:13 AM »

Didn't Alabama lose at home and not even play in their conference championship game, but still play for the national title only 2 years ago?  If anyone loses in the next couple weeks and Alabama wins, they'll go right back.  Does anyone see them dropping below 4 with how the votes go?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2013, 04:51:41 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 01, 2013, 04:38:13 AM

Didn't Alabama lose at home and not even play in their conference championship game, but still play for the national title only 2 years ago?  If anyone loses in the next couple weeks and Alabama wins, they'll go right back.  Does anyone see them dropping below 4 with how the votes go?

Please explain, logically, a scenario where if one of undefeated FSU (which WILL be ranked #1) or OSU (which should be ranked #2) loses that Alabama makes it in over the other to play the winner of Auburn/Missouri.

Go ahead.  I'm waiting to see how Alabama will jump an undefeated team to play for the title.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2013, 04:55:29 AM »

Bottom line, with Missouri winning tonite it effectively ends Alabama's chance at the NC game.   There is a ridiculous set of circumstances that could get Bama in but it would require losses by Florida State (to Duke... not gonna happen) Auburn (to Missouri) and Ohio State ( to Michigan State )   I can see OSU losing to MSU, I doubt Missouri will beat Auburn and Duke beat FSU would be insane.  Bama needs all three to happen.  You have better odds on the lottery.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2013, 05:02:07 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 01, 2013, 04:51:41 AM

Didn't Alabama lose at home and not even play in their conference championship game, but still play for the national title only 2 years ago?  If anyone loses in the next couple weeks and Alabama wins, they'll go right back.  Does anyone see them dropping below 4 with how the votes go?

Please explain, logically, a scenario where if one of undefeated FSU (which WILL be ranked #1) or OSU (which should be ranked #2) loses that Alabama makes it in over the other to play the winner of Auburn/Missouri.

Go ahead.  I'm waiting to see how Alabama will jump an undefeated team to play for the title.

Well for one, the Big 10 is pure shit and Ohio State is a fraud.  If Auburn wins out they will play for the National Championship, even if Ohio St and FSU do not lose.  When the computer rankings come out this week, Auburn will barely be behind Ohio St and if they win the SEC title game, they will jump them no problem.  If there are loses from Ohio St, Auburn, FSU then Alabama will be right there if they win out.

EDIT: And for the record, when did CFB ever have to make sense?  It's senseless every single year. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 05:05:54 AM by leo8877 » Logged
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2013, 05:15:20 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 01, 2013, 05:02:07 AM

Didn't Alabama lose at home and not even play in their conference championship game, but still play for the national title only 2 years ago?  If anyone loses in the next couple weeks and Alabama wins, they'll go right back.  Does anyone see them dropping below 4 with how the votes go?

Go ahead.  I'm waiting to see how Alabama will jump an undefeated team to play for the title.

Well for one, the Big 10 is pure shit and Ohio State is a fraud.  If Auburn wins out they will play for the National Championship, even if Ohio St and FSU do not lose.  When the computer rankings come out this week, Auburn will barely be behind Ohio St and if they win the SEC title game, they will jump them no problem.  If there are loses from Ohio St, Auburn, FSU then Alabama will be right there if they win out.

EDIT: And for the record, when did CFB ever have to make sense?  It's senseless every single year. 

I will have to disagree with you about all of the Big Ten being pure shit.  Michigan State went 8-0 in conference, winning all the games by double digits.  They have the best defense in the nation and have given up just 1 touchdown in their last 6 games. Their only loss is by 3 points on the road vs ranked team.  Most teams with those credentials would be in the top 5, MSU isnt in the top ten.  Even with the Big Ten being allegedly down this year, thats biased bullshit. 

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2013, 02:07:30 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on December 01, 2013, 05:02:07 AM

None of this tells me me how Alabama will jump an undefeated team to play for the title, since your scenario requires no undefeated teams.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »

OK, they need to stop corporate sponsorship of bowl games, or if they keep it then keep the name of the corporations off the actual bowl name.  seriously, San Diego Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl? Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl?  TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl?

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2013, 04:56:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 11, 2013, 04:24:57 PM

OK, they need to stop corporate sponsorship of bowl games, or if they keep it then keep the name of the corporations off the actual bowl name.  seriously, San Diego Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl? Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl?  TaxSlayer.com Gator Bowl?

You're just noticing this now?  Most of these have been in place for years.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »

Yeah theyve been pimping out bowl naming rights for quite some time.  Even the last hold out, The Rose Bowl, is now officially "The Rose Bowl Game presented by Vizio" 

I fully expect to see GoDaddy.com printed on the cheeks of cheerleader panties real soon.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2013, 06:11:59 PM »

I really hadn't been paying attention.  I only really noticed this year because a friend posted about the Pinstripe Bowl on Facebook.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2013, 07:13:20 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on December 11, 2013, 06:10:52 PM

I fully expect to see GoDaddy.com printed on the cheeks of cheerleader panties real soon.

You say this like it's a bad thing... 

slywink

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: