http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 01:57:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clone Wars(2003) Vs The Clone Wars(2008)  (Read 4344 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 10:03:07 AM »

been having a Star Wars marathon,and as usual,when i have finished watching Episode 2,i watch my two Clone Wars DVDs from 2003 that are set in between 2 and 3

and i love the series,but i haven't even seen any of the newer CGI series 'The Clone Wars',that started with the feature length in 2008

there are some good plot strands from the 2003 series,like how General Grievous got that wheeze,and Anakin being made a Jedi Knight,and C-3PO getting his Gold plated suit

can someone tell me if they both co-exist or does the latter cancel out the first series,or is the latter a remake

and if anyone has seen both is the latter series any good/better?

thanks

EDIT:hmm,i just found this picture

and the Dark Jedi on the very Left(Asajj Ventress)was killed in the series i watched by Anakin(unless she survived her fall)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:07:10 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:15:44 AM »

The new Clone Wars completely replaces and invalidates the old one, and is very good. I have no issues recommending it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 12:13:29 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 11, 2010, 10:15:44 AM

The new Clone Wars completely replaces and invalidates the old one, and is very good. I have no issues recommending it.

thanks TiLT..thats cool,and actually a little sad as i really liked the original

i looked up the new series and there are still over 50 episodes to be broadcast(44 at the moment i think and the new season starts again this September),George Lucas has said that they will be making 100 episodes,no matter what the situation with ratings

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:44:07 PM »

It's too bad they couldn't get them to work together.  That original was excellent.  However, I second TiLT's recommendation.  The new Clone Wars show is also very good.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:25:44 PM »

the original Clone Wars will always have a special place in my heart for that one episode where Mace Windu opens a serious can of whupass.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 07:16:25 PM »

yeah that episode is pretty cool

just about to start with Empire strikes back and then Jedi...after that a new thread icon_wink

Ewok Adventures

Caravan of Courage Vs Battle for Endor icon_biggrin

kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »

I personally think the artwork in the 1st series surpasses the quality of anything in the 2nd. I wouldn't support the notion that the 2nd surpasses the 1st by any sizeable margin - Both are good and worth watching.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:00:21 PM »

Count me in the group of the first one was just outstanding.  I had the entire series on my dvr and my daughter used to go thru it once a week.

We watch the new series now and while they have toned it down and made it a bit more *mainstream*(?) it is still good and we do enjoy it a lot.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 05:49:19 AM »

I have all of the newer ones on my pc right now but haven't sat and watched any yet for some reason. Own the older ones and they are quite cool. Are they going to put out the 'decoded' episodes on DVD anytime soon? That's the main reason I haven't just went and bought the first full season sight unseen.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2012, 02:07:20 AM »

Just got round to watching the feature length CGI Clone Wars,it was alright..not sure what to think about Anakin having a Padawan who is also a youngling and then immediately putting her to war,having kickass force powers and can take on 3 of General Grievous droid guards..but i guess i will find out how i take to her in the series,i still watch the original Clone Wars..not sure when having a SW marathon i can fit in all the CGI clone wars series inbetween episodes 1 and 2 though

Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2012, 04:54:35 AM »

I haven't seen the feature length movie but I had heard it is the one bad thing about the new series. It has a gay hutt or something? 

I lost track of the new series after the first season or so, wish it was on Netflix streaming.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
ydejin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »

I really like both series.  I can definitely recommend the new series, although the quality is a bit uneven (anything with Jar Jar in it is bad, some of the stranger ones are a bit meh), generally I'd say about 2/3rds of them are really great and maybe 4/5 are at least decent.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2012, 07:49:47 AM »

They ever do any more of those 'Decoded' versions? Or was that just the first season only?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2012, 03:50:41 PM »

The original shorts were fantastic, of course.  Something special there.  The new series is more straightforward, but it's also great.

The Clone Wars movie that came out before the series is good, if you think of it as a three-part episode.  If you think of it as a movie, it's not as good.  The gay hutt is more of a New Orleans-style gangster who speaks English Basic.  I can see him putting people off, but they use him to pretty good effect in the series.  The slug baby is more irksome.

As for Ahsoka, I didn't care for her in the movie at all.  I think most of it had to do with her annoying habit of referring to R2D2 as "Artooie" - "Artoo" is already a nickname; making it longer and cuter is just irritating.  She gets much better in the series and has some pretty cool moments.

Jar Jar is forced upon them by George and in the behind the scenes stuff, it's pretty clear that they weren't excited about it, but they're happy they made something decent with him.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: