http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 02:27:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 51724 times)
EngineNo9
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #680 on: September 20, 2010, 10:53:05 PM »

Can't we get a new thread for season 4, rather than piggy-backing on an existing 17 page one?

Sandwiches do fix everything.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:07 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 20, 2010, 10:26:17 PM

Quote from: DragonFyre on September 20, 2010, 02:21:34 PM

Reminder: Season Four starts tonight!!! I am AMPED for the return of TV!

Glad you posted the reminder. Had to adjust recordings... DVR can record up to 4 shows at once but only 2 in HD and it doesn't drop the 3rd show to non-HD automatically, it just doesn't record due to the conflict. Tongue Sorry House, you're SD from here on out!

Chuck!!!

good choice!  which would you rather see in HD  this:  

or this:

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 20, 2010, 11:45:36 PM »

luckily I only have House and Chuck in the same time slot at 8.  hat else is on at the same time that's worth it?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: September 21, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 11:45:36 PM

luckily I only have House and Chuck in the same time slot at 8.  hat else is on at the same time that's worth it?

How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 21, 2010, 12:47:55 AM »

Quote from: coopasonic on September 21, 2010, 12:42:18 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 11:45:36 PM

How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement.

ah.  I started watching How I met Your Mother over the summer but haven't caught up pas the first half of season 1.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:26 AM »

Yeah, I always watch HIMYM and then after that realize that I missed the first half of Chuck so I have to wait until I can see it OnDemand.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 21, 2010, 03:21:00 PM »

While I enjoyed the premiere, the ratings sound pretty bad (worse than usual bad, alas)...

From Variety:
In Monday's opening hour, "Dancing" (14.8/22) was followed by Fox's "House" (7.4/11), the CBS comedy combo of "How I Met Your Mother" (5.8/9) and "Rules of Engagement" (5.3/8) and NBC's "Chuck" (3.8/6).

At 9 p.m., NBC's "The Event" (7.5/11) did a solid overnight number and figures to be represented fairly well when demographic information is released later this morning. It roughly doubled its lead-in from "Chuck" (3.8/6) and edged up in its second half-hour (7.6/11 from 7.4/11).

For the night, it was ABC (12.7/19), followed by CBS (8.0/12), NBC (5.4/8) and Fox (5.1/7).

Read more: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118024427.html?categoryid=1043&cs=1#ixzz10B4OK2TN
Unfortunately, Dancing With the Stars remains (to me anyway) an inexplicable ratings juggernaut, and poor Chuck's just going to get annihilated in that time spot.

I dunno though. When I look through NBC's weekly sked, I don't really see another place where Chuck fits. It's just NBC has so much wrapped up in The Event, I would imagine at some point they'll want a stronger lead-in. I really hope I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 03:22:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #687 on: September 21, 2010, 06:20:04 PM »

Considering the good numbers The Event got that's certainly not a good sign for Chuck.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 21, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »

They need special guest star Arnold Schwarzenegger to come and try to terminate Linda Hamilton.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 22, 2010, 07:40:00 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on September 21, 2010, 09:31:39 PM

They need special guest star Arnold Schwarzenegger to come and try to terminate Linda Hamilton.

If they pulled that off I believe that at least for one nite Chuck would rock the ratings big time.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2010, 07:45:29 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 21, 2010, 03:21:00 PM

While I enjoyed the premiere, the ratings sound pretty bad (worse than usual bad, alas)...

man, should we start the deathwatch now?  I hope the writers have enough foresight to not have a cliffhanger and make this season self contained like they did with the original order for season 3.

Because I can,
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 22, 2010, 07:52:35 PM »

No comment on The Repo Man?  Or am I the only one old enough to get it.  slywink
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 22, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 22, 2010, 07:45:29 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on September 21, 2010, 03:21:00 PM

man, should we start the deathwatch now?  I hope the writers have enough foresight to not have a cliffhanger and make this season self contained like they did with the original order for season 3.

Actually the ratings were better than last seasons finale.  I think Chuck has some leeway because of the competition theyve placed it against.  That and it seems that NBC just likes the show.  So Im hopeful that inspite of the low ratings, Chuck will get its full run .

Oh and Harry Dean Stanton was one of the best bits in the season opener... definitely enjoyed the Repo Man connection.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 22, 2010, 09:32:18 PM »

Quote from: theohall on September 22, 2010, 07:52:35 PM

No comment on The Repo Man?  Or am I the only one old enough to get it.  slywink

See I can never quite see him as that dude.

To me he'll always been Brett, wandering around looking for Jones until he gets eaten or whatever.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2010, 10:07:52 PM »

I'm curious how the ratings for things like this stack up once they take DVRs, OnDemand and such things into account.  These days there are certainly more options other than to watch a show on the first night it is broadcast.

theohall

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2010, 12:12:10 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 22, 2010, 10:07:52 PM

I'm curious how the ratings for things like this stack up once they take DVRs, OnDemand and such things into account.  These days there are certainly more options other than to watch a show on the first night it is broadcast.

Considering I watch darn near everything via Hulu or other means and rarely when it is on actual tv due to real-life circumstances, I wonder this as well.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 23, 2010, 04:28:53 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 22, 2010, 10:07:52 PM

The problem there is of course money. A million first-night watchers are a hell of a lot more valuable than a million DVR, OnDemand or Hulu watchers. You can't exactly ask for a premium ad price on a program where most of its viewers skip the ads. Not that these alternative watchers aren't valuable at all, it's just they're not nearly as valuable as those who watch it on regular TV.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: September 23, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »

You guys already know how doom and gloom I am.  icon_razz Mea culpa -- I've since read many places that Chuck's ratings/viewership was an improvement over last year's season's few episodes, including the season finale. Considering how modest promotion has been for Chuck, versus the beat-you-over-the-head-every-possible-second promotion for The Event, maybe the ratings weren't so bad.

And I guess all Madison Avenue cares about is the 25-49 age bracket ratings. Though I'm not sure trotting out Linda Hamilton, Dolph Lundgren and Harry Dean Stanton (!) is a way to win young viewers. I wonder how many youngsters even got the "Repo Man" reference (1984 cult film with Emilio Estevez) with Harry Dean's character.

With Hamilton, I am glad they...
Spoiler for Hiden:
wanted the brutal, butt-kicking Linda Hamilton of Terminator 2  icon_cool Though how someone like Chuck is related to her, I find tough to believe.
[in case someone's still waiting to watch the premiere on DVR.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 02:11:50 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 23, 2010, 02:55:13 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 23, 2010, 02:06:52 PM

With Hamilton, I am glad they...
Spoiler for Hiden:
wanted the brutal, butt-kicking Linda Hamilton of Terminator 2  icon_cool Though how someone like Chuck is related to her, I find tough to believe.
[in case someone's still waiting to watch the premiere on DVR.

Isn't it obvious? 
Spoiler for Hiden:
He takes after his Dad.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 26, 2010, 02:27:32 AM »

I almost had a geekgasm when (first episode this season):

Spoiler for Hiden:
Dolph Lundgren said 'I must break you'.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 26, 2010, 02:35:33 AM »

syfy reported that Summer Glau will be appearing on Chuck this season.  She will be taking a turn at the role of Greta. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: September 26, 2010, 05:48:06 PM »

Oliva Munn seemed like she was sick for her take on the Greta role.  Either that or she has finally hit puberty and her voice is changing, but I kind of doubt that.  slywink

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 27, 2010, 07:47:34 PM »

If you care to read it, here's NBC's details on Episode 4 (2 weeks from now I guess?):
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chuck AND Sarah HAVE A COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN AS AWESOME IS REUNITED WITH SOMEONE FROM HIS BRIEF SPY PAST – ARMAND ASSANTE RETURNS AS GENERALISSIMO GOYA – TIA TEXADA AND MEKENNA MELVIN ALSO GUEST STAR –

Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski) work on becoming better communicators as they join Awesome (Ryan McPartlin) and Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) for a getaway to Costa Gravas. There, the gang is reunited with Generalissimo Goya (guest star Armand Assante) who finds himself in a dangerous situation once again.

Back at home, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) embarks on a forbidden romance that may put him at odds with Colonel John Casey (Adam Baldwin). [maybe Casey's daughter we met last season?-bj] Mark Christopher Lawrence and Bonita Friedericy also star.
The Morgan side-story sounds promising.  icon_smile

While I certainly am going to give The Event a chance, I'm rather disappointed how little promotion Chuck is getting, while the Event is CONSTANTLY IN YOUR FACE EVERY OTHER MINUTE... How about a little promotional love for its lead-in, NBC?  confused
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 08:04:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 28, 2010, 03:23:03 AM »

Yeah I don't think there's any promotion whatsoever for Chuck. Not a good sign.

Tonight's episode was pretty fun and light. "Is she naked?!" Things definitely seem lighter so far this season than last, which I think is a good thing.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 28, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »

Should be more funniness in Episode 8...
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/27/chuck-enlists-rob-riggle/
Spoiler for Hiden:
Actor-comedian-ex-Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle is headed to Chuck, sources confirm to me exclusively.

The shocking twist? He’s not playing a character named Greta. I swear!

Riggle will instead guest star as Jim Rye, a super smart, intensely positive, and slightly crazy CIA agent who’s brought in to help Chuck become an even better spy.

He’ll appear in this season’s eighth episode, which also features a guest turn by fanboy icon Summer Glau—who will be playing a character named Greta.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: September 28, 2010, 10:31:42 PM »

I watch episodes like last night and just get soooo depressed.  I mean seriously,  they pay Zach Levi good money for that job!  Hell Id do it for free.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:07 AM »

By the way, if you really liked the pictures that Sarah took for the whole sexting thing, you can find the pics over here

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 29, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »

I don't usually obsess over characters' hair, but I really preferred Chuck with the slightly longer 'doo of previous seasons. I dunno, the "short look" just seems to make him look not like Chuck anymore, though maybe that's the whole point.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #708 on: September 29, 2010, 08:36:18 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 29, 2010, 05:19:25 PM

I don't usually obsess over characters' hair, but I really preferred Chuck with the slightly longer 'doo of previous seasons. I dunno, the "short look" just seems to make him look not like Chuck anymore, though maybe that's the whole point.

I hate to admit I noticed the change in his hair and I think it's part of his being more of a professional than a slacker slob this season.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 30, 2010, 02:11:08 PM »

New love: Director McG, Bridget Moynahan
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/09/29/mcg.moynahan.love.ppl/index.html?hpt=Sbin
*Why do we care? McG is one of the executive producers on Chuck. And the show's so obsessed with guest stars, so maybe he'll convince his new gal to do a cameo at some point.  icon_smile

She's I guess best known as a former Tom Brady girlfriend who gave birth to his now 3 year old son. I sometimes confuse her name with Michele Monaghan (Mission Impossible 3, Gone Baby Gone).
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:12:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 30, 2010, 04:54:37 PM »

I always remember Moynahan more as the chick from I, Robot and The Recruit, but maybe that's just me ignoring that Tom Brady exists.

Besides, what kind of tool trades Moynahan for Gisele Bundchen? Ew.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 30, 2010, 06:06:51 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 30, 2010, 04:54:37 PM

Are you being sarcastic? Because

If you are being sarcastic, that's ok, it gave me an excuse to look up pics slywink.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 30, 2010, 10:33:22 PM »

There's a little sarcasm in the Ew part, but I think Moynahan is a better looking woman.

You just need to find pictures of Bundchen when she isn't all done up for the runway.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 01, 2010, 02:44:03 AM »

Well the bad news for Chuck is the ratings suck. However, the good news is that its ratings are consistent and with no promotion whatsoever. The same cannot be said for a show like Undercovers, which pulled a 1.6 rating last night (compared with Chuck's 1.9/2.0 against better competition). Chase is losing viewers as well and will probably fall below Chuck, despite also being promoted.

As they say, if a bear is chasing you, you don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than the other guy. Maybe Chuck will make it. I don't know, though. A complete lack of promotion from NBC makes me think they've given up on Chuck.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 01, 2010, 05:09:35 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on September 30, 2010, 06:06:51 PM

If you are being sarcastic, that's ok, it gave me an excuse to look up pics slywink.

TPIWWCP (This Post is worthless without comparison pics)
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 01, 2010, 09:58:01 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 01, 2010, 02:44:03 AM

Well the bad news for Chuck is the ratings suck. However, the good news is that its ratings are consistent and with no promotion whatsoever. The same cannot be said for a show like Undercovers, which pulled a 1.6 rating last night (compared with Chuck's 1.9/2.0 against better competition). Chase is losing viewers as well and will probably fall below Chuck, despite also being promoted.

As they say, if a bear is chasing you, you don't have to be faster than the bear, just faster than the other guy. Maybe Chuck will make it. I don't know, though. A complete lack of promotion from NBC makes me think they've given up on Chuck.

Bummer about the ratings. They've been low for a couple of seasons, but that's *really* low.

Quote from: theohall on October 01, 2010, 05:09:35 AM

Quote from: cheeba on September 30, 2010, 06:06:51 PM

TPIWWCP (This Post is worthless without comparison pics)

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 01, 2010, 10:01:05 PM »

I just can't get past her awful acting in I, Robot.

As for Chuck's ratings, they've been consistent with what they were at the end of last year. We'll see I guess. I'm just going to enjoy what's on and not worry about it.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 02, 2010, 06:49:56 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 01, 2010, 10:01:05 PM

I just can't get past her awful acting in I, Robot.

As for Chuck's ratings, they've been consistent with what they were at the end of last year. We'll see I guess. I'm just going to enjoy what's on and not worry about it.

Yeah, the ratings were right there for most of last season, with a couple of random spikes, iirc. For all of NBC's troubles the fact that they've hung on to Chuck as long as they have is actually surprising. Glad they have though. It's been fun to watch.

And yeah, she was bad in I, Robot.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 05, 2010, 06:25:44 PM »

I am watching last night's episode on Hulu right now and what has stood out so far is music.  They are having much, much better music scenes than last season.  It makes it fun to watch.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 05, 2010, 10:21:36 PM »

I thought for sure the climax last night would end...
Spoiler for Hiden:
With Chuck and the Steve Austin-ish (or was that Steve Austin?) enemy spy falling through the ductwork onto the Buy More floor, where they'd have a running gun battle in front of the customers waiting in line for the big Spy Game shooter, who would cheer the battle on, thinking it was a cool marketing stunt. That would've been about perfect, right?  icon_smile
But no, they blew it.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: