http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 03:58:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 50745 times)
Kagath
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 25, 2010, 01:45:27 PM »

This does create the question:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Was there anything good in that first Intersect Orion was making when Chuck was a kid? Or more likely was it all overwritten by other stuff?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 25, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

icon_biggrin
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 25, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »

Yeah that was great.  icon_lol

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 25, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »

Not a bad couple of episodes.  They certainly set themselves up for next season while wrapping things up enough to make everyone happy with this season's story line.  I still wish the show had the lightheartedness it had in season 1 and 2 but that isn't where it seems to be going. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 25, 2010, 10:10:43 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Killing off dad (Scott Bakula) was touching but seemed like a real waste of a character we hadn't quite gotten to know yet. I had read in EW's column that "someone will die" but I actually thought maybe his sister would get killed off.

I did find myself wondering if that "clone" machine (or whatever it was that gave Shaw the Intersect) might have maybe "saved" dad's DNA patterns somehow and allow for some ridiculous episode that "recreates" Chuck's dad. When you see the watch break on Bakula, I thought, "Hmmm, is this some sort of set up for reincarnation?"  icon_razz
I'm glad it got renewed, but I do worry about the show losing its sense of direction. I mean, is it a show about a geek, who never gets the girl, who moonlights as a cool spy? That's the early Chuck, and it's what I most identified with.

Or is it now about a cool spy, who has his dream girl, who just moonlights a bit as a geek as a secret identity? Still fun but nope, I don't identify with that at all.  icon_razz

Or is it about neither of those now?

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: May 26, 2010, 04:38:05 AM »

apparently the finale hit a new season low.  the numbers aren't beyond preliminary, but it's projected that the 24 finale got a 2.8, which 'blew away' Chuck, whose previous season low was 1.9.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 26, 2010, 05:59:30 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 25, 2010, 10:10:43 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Killing off dad (Scott Bakula) was touching but seemed like a real waste of a character we hadn't quite gotten to know yet. I had read in EW's column that "someone will die" but I actually thought maybe his sister would get killed off.

I did find myself wondering if that "clone" machine (or whatever it was that gave Shaw the Intersect) might have maybe "saved" dad's DNA patterns somehow and allow for some ridiculous episode that "recreates" Chuck's dad. When you see the watch break on Bakula, I thought, "Hmmm, is this some sort of set up for reincarnation?"  icon_razz
I'm glad it got renewed, but I do worry about the show losing its sense of direction. I mean, is it a show about a geek, who never gets the girl, who moonlights as a cool spy? That's the early Chuck, and it's what I most identified with.

Or is it now about a cool spy, who has his dream girl, who just moonlights a bit as a geek as a secret identity? Still fun but nope, I don't identify with that at all.  icon_razz

Or is it about neither of those now?

Ya, the contrast between S1 Chuck and end of S3 Chuck is pretty phenomenal... but it's good to see character progression, right?  All I know is S3 is MILES better ever since the Chuck kills Shaw in Paris episode... I've thought the last 4 or 5 (?) episodes since the end of that depressing arc have been fantastic.  Use of costumes, set changes, Yvonne in her underwear  icon_biggrin, actual humor, Morgan being part of the plot again, use of Jeffster and the Buy More crew...  all the same factors that made S1 and S2 great.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: May 27, 2010, 07:46:28 AM »

Chuck is still the geek, who happens to be a spy, it's just that he's slightly more effective at it now. slywink

And yeah, there's been a whole lot more of Yvonne in her underwear since they hooked up. biggrin

After finale spoilers:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Really not sure where they're headed with the show now. I'm assuming since they got the Daddy issues worked out, they'll start on the mommy issues.

I doubt they'll pull the clone resurrection card with Scott Bakula's character, however, they might pull the ghost in the machine with whole governor thing. He'll show up to give important info about their mother and what they're fighting.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 28, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

Quote from: sgoldj on April 30, 2010, 01:26:24 AM

"Chuck" could go well with an "Undercover Blues" vibe.

I know it's a guilty pleasure, but I love that movie and Morty
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2010, 09:09:42 PM »

now the big question is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
who is going to play Chuck's mom?

and how are they going to justify keeping Casey and Sara around?

and what will happen to Jeffster?

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 24, 2010, 02:35:38 PM »

Dunno if this is a good or bad sign, but Zachary Levi is now doing TV ads for Comcast's Xfiniti.  icon_neutral

Playing
PC
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 24, 2010, 03:07:28 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 24, 2010, 02:35:38 PM

Dunno if this is a good or bad sign, but Zachary Levi is now doing TV ads for Comcast's Xfiniti.  icon_neutral

it's an indifferent sign.  people take work when they can. alec baldwin did hulu commercials and it's definitely not because 30 Rock was in trouble.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #652 on: June 24, 2010, 07:06:10 PM »

It's also a sign of increased popularity in some ways.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 25, 2010, 12:12:14 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on June 24, 2010, 07:06:10 PM

It's also a sign of increased popularity in some ways.

or an increasing drug habit  icon_wink

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 22, 2010, 06:46:28 PM »

From the Chuck files...

Nicole Richie returns to Chuck
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/22/chuck-nicole-richie-returns/?hpt=Sbin
According to a Chuck insider, Richie will resurface in October when a prison transfer goes awry and her character, Heather Chandler, ends up being stowed away at Castle (a.k.a. the underground CIA base).

Chuck Braces for Attack of Oliva Munn
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/07/20/chuck-olivia-munn/
Munn, who has a regular role on NBC’s midseason comedy Perfect Couples, will play an impossibly cool, smart, and pretty CIA agent who intimidates and schools Chuck and Morgan in the season 4 premiere on Sept. 20. That just so happens to be the same episode that features a guest turn by iconic Rocky IV villain Dolph Lundgren.

Playing
PC
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 22, 2010, 08:09:08 PM »

I was JUST thinking to myself the other day, "Self, there's just not enough Nicole Richie on tv these days.  What happened to her and how can I get her back into my viewing habits?  Oh...and San Dimas High School Football Rules!"

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 25, 2010, 07:44:05 AM »

and Chuck's mom is:

Spoiler for Hiden:
NO MORE MRS. NICE SPY

“CHUCK” PRODUCERS DELIVER BOMBSHELL CASTING
ANNOUNCEMENT AT COMIC-CON 2010 PANEL:
LINDA HAMILTON TO PLAY CHUCK’S MOM IN
RECURRING GUEST STAR ROLE

Twitter Pitch: Oh, Mommy! Linda Hamilton joins #Chuck as Chuck’s spy mom in season 4: http://bit.ly/9TNCLz #WBSDCC #Comic-Con

BURBANK, Calif. (July 24, 2010) – “Chuck” creators/executive producers Josh Schwartz and Chris Fedak thrilled fans at Comic Con: International: San Diego 2010 today with the announcement that sci-fi icon Linda Hamilton (the “Terminator” films) will join the series as a recurring guest star in season four, playing the role of Mary Bartowski, the long-missing mother of Chuck (series star Zachary Levi) and Ellie (series star Sarah Lancaster).

• “Chuck” fans have long wondered about the circumstances surrounding Chuck and Ellie’s mysterious mother, Mary Bartowski, who disappeared from her children’s lives when they were still young.

• Hamilton will appear throughout the season, leading Chuck to discover that her life was shrouded in secrets. She was a spy, a CIA agent … and that’s just the beginning. Who is she today? One thing is certain: She’s not the soccer mom who left her children so many years ago.

• Season four of “Chuck” premieres Monday, September 20, at 8 p.m. ET/PT on NBC. In advance of the season premiere, Warner Home Video will release Chuck: The Complete Third Season on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 7.

Hamilton is perhaps best known — especially to Comic-Con fans — for her award-winning role as Sarah Connor in “Terminator” and “Terminator 2: Judgment Day.” She also received Emmy® and Golden Globe Award nominations for her work in the series “Beauty and the Beast,” and her work in the telefilm “A Mother’s Prayer” won her an additional Golden Globe nomination and a CableACE Award. In addition to her recurring role on “Chuck,” Hamilton will guest star in the upcoming season of “Weeds.”

For additional information about Warner Bros. Television activities at Comic-Con, follow us on Twitter @TheWBdotcom and use hashtag #WBSDCC, log on to www.thewb.com/comiccon, and read news at www.thewb.com/blog.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 25, 2010, 12:55:14 PM »

They sure know how to pull in excellent guest stars on this show.  The casting of Chucks mom....  perfect choice.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 27, 2010, 06:45:49 PM »

Aaaaand the stunt casting continues...

'Chuck' scoop: Is James Bond Chuck's
Spoiler for Hiden:
?[/b]
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/08/26/chuck-scoop-timothy-dalton/
Dalton makes his first appearance in Chuck‘s seventh episode, titled “Chuck Versus the First Fight.”
Apparently Timothy Dalton's character has "ties" to Chuck's mom (played by Linda Hamilton), but is definitely not Chuck's father, the producers say.

Season 4 kicks off Mon., Sept. 20. Do we get to start a new thread that day?  icon_smile
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 06:48:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 27, 2010, 08:09:59 PM »

Season 4 kicks off Mon., Sept. 20. Do we get to start a new thread that day?  icon_smile
?!  eek Awesome. Didn't realize it was so early to arrive.  thumbsup

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2010, 08:41:11 PM »

Saw this in the EW TV columnist's roundup...
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/01/ask-ausiello-spoilers-house-greys-bones/
Question: I’ve had a rough day. Do you think you could give me a Chuck scoop and make it better? —Jenny
Ausiello: Chuck and Sarah will be swapping genders this season  icon_eek, and their relationship could suffer as a result.

Allow exec producer Josh Schwartz to explain: “In their relationship, Sarah is kind of the guy and Chuck is a little bit more of the emotional one. Chuck is someone who is very comfortable with commitment. And Sarah’s only real commitment is to people that she feels are probably going to die in the line of duty.” Adds fellow EP Chris Fedak: “Chuck also has a lot of access to his emotions and Sarah is one who likes to keep her emotions under wraps to a degree.”
So, I dunno what that means, other than maybe Sarah gets a little more mushy, and Chuck gets a little more un-sentimental.

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 02, 2010, 09:18:34 PM »

Some photos from the season premiere...
http://chucktv.net/2010/08/31/photos-chuck-season-4-premiere/
*Yes, I'm sorry, Linda Hamilton is now Old (just shy of 54).  icon_eek

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 02, 2010, 09:22:33 PM »

wow she's looking old.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 03, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 02, 2010, 09:18:34 PM

Some photos from the season premiere...
http://chucktv.net/2010/08/31/photos-chuck-season-4-premiere/
*Yes, I'm sorry, Linda Hamilton is now Old (just shy of 54).  icon_eek

Wait, the woman playing the mother of a 30 something geek isn't a 20 something hotty?  Why not?  That doesn't make any sense.

edit....I said that before I checked the photos.  Now that I have seen them I agree she has not aged well

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 03:03:46 PM by farley2k » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 03, 2010, 03:57:14 PM »

To be fair, that's probably without makeup (because of HD and all, I'm sure she's slathered in special make up on set). And ya know, Scott Bakula's not exactly a male centerfold, so I guess there's that.  icon_smile

I still think it's cool casting and really, even in The Terminator 26 years ago, Linda looked older beyond her years. That's probably why Cameron cast her, in retrospect. I'm just poking fun at the fact fans are always kinda freaked out when an actor they haven't seen in a while seems to have truly aged.

That said, if they have an acress play Sarah's mother, I'm going to be shallow and say that actress needs to be, well, more well preserved.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 04:00:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 03, 2010, 04:00:46 PM »

And ya know, Scott Bakula's not exactly a male centerfold, so I guess there's tha

Yeah, but I'm sure most of us here never wanted to bang him.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 03, 2010, 04:02:39 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 03, 2010, 04:00:46 PM

And ya know, Scott Bakula's not exactly a male centerfold, so I guess there's tha

Wow, I didn't know you could be so crude. I'm impressed.  smirk

Playing
PC
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 03, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »

I admit it is a little disconcerting to see Linda looking so... old. I immediately thought of how good Sigourney Weaver still looks at almost 61.

Still, it is cool they continue to get great actors in guest and recurring-role spots for Chuck.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: September 03, 2010, 05:06:10 PM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on September 03, 2010, 04:16:31 PM

I admit it is a little disconcerting to see Linda looking so... old.

She looks her age and I can totally respect that. The show has eye-candy covered already, no need to go overboard.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 03, 2010, 06:26:59 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on September 03, 2010, 04:02:39 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 03, 2010, 04:00:46 PM

Wow, I didn't know you could be so crude. I'm impressed.  smirk

wait, that's crude?  I'd say that's fairly tame  icon_biggrin

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 09, 2010, 11:33:18 AM »

Continuing the Stunt Casting theme, they've lined one up for the Halloween episode...

Exclusive: Freddy Krueger to Terrorize 'Chuck'
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/08/freddy-krueger-chuck-robert-englund-nbc/
Englund will play Dr. Stanley Wheelwright, an evil scientist who can make your waking life a nightmare. He’ll appear in this season’s sixth episode, titled “Chuck Versus Aisle of Terror.”

To recap, Chuck’s other notable season 4 hires include Linda Hamilton, Timothy Dalton, Eric Roberts, Lou Ferrigno, Olivia Munn, Nicole Richie, Old Spice Guy, and Dolph Lundgren.
Though I'm not sure that hiring all these people whose careers are going nowhere (Old Spice Guy maybe being an exception) is going to translate into better ratings.

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 09, 2010, 02:16:10 PM »

it seems like they're getting a lot of 80's icons, which is cool with me.

Because I can,
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 09, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 09, 2010, 02:16:10 PM

it seems like they're getting a lot of 80's icons, which is cool with me.
Makes sense since they reference the decade a lot.

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 09, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »

heres a good bit on SyFy that lists the 16 special guests scheduled this season on Chuck   http://blastr.com/2010/09/heres-16-major-guest-star.php

looks like they are going to shoot for some fun times this season

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:28 PM »

just a reminder CHUCK IS BACK MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!

Because I can,
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 20, 2010, 02:21:34 PM »

Reminder: Season Four starts tonight!!! I am AMPED for the return of TV!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 20, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »

da da da...
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/09/17/chuck-spoiler-sarah-sex/
*Not quite as exciting as the URL sounds, just a little footage from the season premiere.  smirk

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 20, 2010, 05:21:52 PM »

S, should we start a pool on how many times Chuck and Sarah are 'on again, off again' this season?

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 20, 2010, 08:53:26 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 05:21:52 PM

S, should we start a pool on how many times Chuck and Sarah are 'on again, off again' this season?
Actually, in interviews, the showrunners claim the plan is to keep them 'on again' all season.  icon_biggrin So now they're a real Couple, for better or worse.

If you wanna know what's going on in the premiere (in spoiler in case you'd rather watch it "cold"):
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-09-19/fall-tv-preview-greys-anatomy-dexter-30-rock-and-more/
Where we pick up:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Terminator’s Linda Hamilton joins the cast as Mary Elizabeth Bartowski, as Chuck secretly pursues his mission to track down his mother. Ellie has life-changing news. Jeff and Lester are on the lam after managing to burn down the store.

Chuck’s cover story still holds: the gang now works at a new Buy-More that is actually staffed by CIA operatives.[could be funny...] Casey grapples with his relationship with his newfound daughter Alex (Mekenna Melvin), but Morgan has plans of his own for her.

Playing
PC
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #679 on: September 20, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on September 20, 2010, 02:21:34 PM

Reminder: Season Four starts tonight!!! I am AMPED for the return of TV!

Glad you posted the reminder. Had to adjust recordings... DVR can record up to 4 shows at once but only 2 in HD and it doesn't drop the 3rd show to non-HD automatically, it just doesn't record due to the conflict. Tongue Sorry House, you're SD from here on out!

Chuck!!!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: