http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 12:39:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 50853 times)
cheeba
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #600 on: April 27, 2010, 04:00:57 AM »

The return of Jeffster, unplugged and wearing turtle necks, lol. And "the only way the plane stays up is if I root for it!"

Great, great episode.
MonkeyFinger

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 27, 2010, 02:04:37 PM »

I thought The General summed it up nicely - "About damn time".  icon_lol

-craig

PSx: MonkeyFinger
XBx: MonkeyPhinger
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 27, 2010, 07:19:39 PM »

Quote from: MonkeyFinger on April 27, 2010, 02:04:37 PM

I thought The General summed it up nicely - "About damn time".  icon_lol
Yeah I got a laugh out of that as well. Good episode over all. I just hope they don't go too overboard with the 'togetherness' from now on though.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 27, 2010, 07:31:47 PM »

oh gawd,  Lester with his Art Garfunkle impersonation totally cracked me up 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 28, 2010, 07:04:18 PM »

I quite enjoyed Monday's episode. It was very playful, and frankly I was quite happy not to have a Shaw or Bryce hogging the action for a change.  icon_smile

It's another episode directed by Robert Duncan McNeill (mostly known as Paris in Star Trek: Voyager). He's directed more than a dozen Chuck episodes, is listed as an executive producer (I don't know if it means much beyond his being considered a "go-to" director for the show) and seems to have a really good grasp of the characters. Or maybe he just gets the best scripts to work with.  icon_cool

I mentioned one of my other "on the bubble" favorites, Southland, just got a somewhat unexpected Season 2 renewal. I'm anxious for Chuck to get a similar vote of confidence.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2010, 07:17:49 PM »

Thought this episode was incredibly slow and boring.  I liked how the show was going.  I realize that this last episode was a bridge to move on, but overall this episode was meaningless.

Yes there was some funny moments, but as a plot standpoint, yawn.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2010, 07:25:29 PM »

I felt that way about the whole Kristine Kurek (sp) plot.  She came, dated, left.  No reason, no explanation, no point.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #607 on: April 28, 2010, 07:44:40 PM »

Quote from: naednek on April 28, 2010, 07:17:49 PM

I realize that this last episode was a bridge to move on, but overall this episode was meaningless.

Yes there was some funny moments, but as a plot standpoint, yawn.

You're crazy.

Don't open this spoiler if you haven't seen the ep!
Spoiler for Hiden:
At the start of the episode, Chuck and Sarah are shirking their reponsibilities and enjoying each other's company and Casey and Morgan have no relationship. Chuck and Sarah decide to quit the spy business, Casey and Morgan start to develop a relationship. In the end, Casey has a newfound (grudging) respect for Morgan, humanizing him even further and Chuck and Sarah realize they both need to be spies, it's part of who they are. We even get to see a bit of humanity on the part of the general, "About damn time."

I think this was a pretty important episode from a plot standpoint. The end result may be back to business as usual, but there were some meaningful character developments here.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 28, 2010, 08:31:12 PM »

Anyone know what the ratings were for this episode?

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: April 28, 2010, 08:40:20 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on April 28, 2010, 08:31:12 PM

Anyone know what the ratings were for this episode?

Per tvbythenumbers.com:
Chuck returned to with a 2.1 rating with adults 18-49, exactly the same as its last new episode on April 5

That's not good but it's better than most NBC shows.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 28, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »

Ill go with the glass half full position and say the ratings are good news as they didnt drop even thought the show went on a short hiatus.   icon_biggrin

sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 30, 2010, 01:26:24 AM »

"Chuck" could go well with an "Undercover Blues" vibe.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 30, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »

"Chuck" Fans Plan Rally Support for Series
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10515595
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Chuck" fans have a plan to rally support for the NBC series, and this time it doesn't involve sandwiches. With the action-comedy's renewal fate still to be decided, "Chuck" fans on Monday will stage themed flash mobs in at least four cities.

In Chicago, Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia, "Chuck" fans plan to gather while dressed in the show's Buy More-style clothing (short-sleeve work shirts, name tags and the like). The idea is from fan site chucktv.net, one of those that spearheaded last year's "Finale and a Footlong" campaign that made national headlines when fans bought sandwiches from "Chuck" sponsor Subway.

While last year's effort was about sending a message to NBC that fans will support the show's advertisers, this year it's about trying to market the show to potential viewers.
Dancing With the Stars is inexplicably blotting out the sun every Monday night ratings wise. It's so bad, NBC probably will replace Trauma with looping video of hamsters running on a wheel.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 30, 2010, 06:15:46 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 30, 2010, 06:02:46 PM

"Chuck" Fans Plan Rally Support for Series
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10515595
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Chuck" fans have a plan to rally support for the NBC series, and this time it doesn't involve sandwiches. With the action-comedy's renewal fate still to be decided, "Chuck" fans on Monday will stage themed flash mobs in at least four cities.

In Chicago, Seattle, San Diego and Philadelphia, "Chuck" fans plan to gather while dressed in the show's Buy More-style clothing (short-sleeve work shirts, name tags and the like). The idea is from fan site chucktv.net, one of those that spearheaded last year's "Finale and a Footlong" campaign that made national headlines when fans bought sandwiches from "Chuck" sponsor Subway.

While last year's effort was about sending a message to NBC that fans will support the show's advertisers, this year it's about trying to market the show to potential viewers.
Dancing With the Stars is inexplicably blotting out the sun every Monday night ratings wise. It's so bad, NBC probably will replace Trauma with looping video of hamsters running on a wheel.  icon_razz

Its a shame that watching third-rate celebrities dancing has become a ratings-winner. I like 'Chuck'. I think it's quite the charming show.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 04, 2010, 03:25:32 PM »

Not a great episode, not terrible either.  Pretty bland actually.  The episodes this season have really varied wildly in quality.

Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: May 04, 2010, 03:57:08 PM »

I liked it. I thought the parts with the tiger were great. The villain was unremarkable (aside from having crazy eyes, he never had much to do). The parts with Morgan and Casey were alright but unfortunately not very funny.

I also thought they might go an entire episode without Chuck flashing but alas... it was not to be.

The parts in "Africa" were probably the highlight of this episode, and I wish they had spent more time there, putting in a bit more of a build up to the big ending.
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 04, 2010, 04:29:19 PM »

I really liked this episode, it felt light and was pretty funny.  I can't believe the difference in tone from the early part of the season and now - it's like two completely different shows.  To me, however, the last 3 episodes have felt much more like Season 1 and 2 Chuck.  There's been different locations, Yvonne actually smiles and wears more than black combat jackets (and has at least one semi naked shot per ep!), there's geek / video game references, Morgan has things to do, there's jokes and crazy situations...  much more enjoyable show.  PLEASE let them avoid the temptation to tragically break up or come between C and S somehow at the end of the season in order to create "tension"!  So cliche.  Buck the trend, let them work as a couple and see how it goes!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 04, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »

Zach Levi apparently is also a closet... singer!
http://music-mix.ew.com/2010/05/04/katherine-mcphee-zachary-levi-terrifed/

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 08, 2010, 02:35:05 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 04, 2010, 05:12:12 PM

Bah you trumped me!  Love the sound of Chuck's voice, who knew?

There's a video out now too, premiered today.  I love the cute little smiles Chuck gives Kat in the beginning and end.

http://www.vevo.com/watch/katharine-mcphee/terrified/USUV71000760
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 08, 2010, 06:12:49 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on May 04, 2010, 05:12:12 PM

that Intersec come in handy  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 11, 2010, 04:06:45 PM »

Renewal getting warmer...
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/10/chuck-pickup-season-4/
Multiple sources confirm that NBC is expected to do the right thing and renew the action comedy for a fourth season. Per one insider, the show has thus far figured into all of the network’s preliminary plans for its May 17 upfront presentation.

Although a 13-episode pickup is the most likely scenario, my moles suggest that there’s also chance the show could be given a full season order.
No confirmation yet, and creator Josh Schwartz would just as soon fans keep watching and not take a renewal for granted.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: May 11, 2010, 04:55:46 PM »

Fingers and toes are crossed. Chuck is my favorite hour of television right now.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 11, 2010, 05:47:12 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on May 11, 2010, 04:55:46 PM

Fingers and toes are crossed. Chuck is my favorite hour of television right now.

Hoping for the best too!  I know it seems like a lot of the main plotlines have been played out but Chuck and Sarah have got to be the most adorable couple on TV right now and I love Adam Baldwiin in the show.  I've read the producers have something special already planned for next season to change things up, so who knows.  I think it's time for them to move on from the Buy More and revamp some of the cast.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #623 on: May 11, 2010, 06:20:09 PM »

My main hope at this point is even if the show gets cancelled, Adam Baldwin can get Zach Levi into the cadre of Joss Whedon favorites. He seems like he would be perfect for Whedon's world. Failing that I hope he gets other opportunities out of this. I'd also like to see Yvonne Strahovski move into more US media, but for completely different reasons.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 13, 2010, 12:47:49 AM »

wow, that part felt like a waste for Christopher Lloyd.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 14, 2010, 04:07:21 AM »

w00t?

Because I can,
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 14, 2010, 08:29:51 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 14, 2010, 04:07:21 AM

Wish it was the full season but I'll still take what I can get.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 14, 2010, 08:41:28 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 14, 2010, 08:29:51 AM

hopefully they get good enough ratings to up the order like they did this season.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 14, 2010, 06:57:53 PM »

I just got around to watching this week's episode on Hulu....I can see why there hasn't been much talk about it.  Bland, not funny, not exciting, and generally bad.  It was almost all setup, Ellie and the Ring, Chuck's dreams, etc.  I can live with that kind of episode if it is funny but this wasn't at all.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 15, 2010, 04:38:59 AM »

Quote from: farley2k on May 14, 2010, 06:57:53 PM

I just got around to watching this week's episode on Hulu....I can see why there hasn't been much talk about it.  Bland, not funny, not exciting, and generally bad.  It was almost all setup, Ellie and the Ring, Chuck's dreams, etc.  I can live with that kind of episode if it is funny but this wasn't at all.

and they didn't even use Christopher Lloyd right.  I never thought I'd see the man in a role that could have put people to sleep.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2010, 07:21:13 PM »

I was suprised at the role they had Lloyd in.  It was a total waste of his talents.  He'd have been better playing one of the institutionalized spies, at least he would have had an opportunity to get a few laughs.  Oh and Morgan, come on man!  You dont just dump your hot looking ex like that, youre a spy now, you do her first and then dump her!

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 16, 2010, 01:11:58 AM »

I thought that was pretty cool how they had that song playing for Anna then they had it playing for Morgan in slow motion.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: May 17, 2010, 09:21:49 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 14, 2010, 08:41:28 AM

Quote from: Kagath on May 14, 2010, 08:29:51 AM

hopefully they get good enough ratings to up the order like they did this season.

Not only is it coming back, but it's on the fall schedule, so not wait until after the new year this time around! Hallelujah!

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 18, 2010, 06:09:18 PM »

OK, all I can say is I may be gay, but if I were straight I would be all over Sarah in her skimpy little night shirt or whatever the heck it was she was wearing (I use the term loosely).  Not to mention that little teddy thing she wore on the train.  What is wrong with Chuck?  Come on, are you a man or not?!?!?  Is he already bored of her hotness???

As for the episode, not quite as exciting as I'd like, even though I was happy to see Scott Bakula return.  The plotline with the sister is a bit grating.  Clearly all a set up for the finale which does look pretty explosively exciting.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #634 on: May 18, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 18, 2010, 06:09:18 PM

OK, all I can say is I may be gay, but if I were straight I would be all over Sarah in her skimpy little night shirt or whatever the heck it was she was wearing (I use the term loosely).  Not to mention that little teddy thing she wore on the train.  What is wrong with Chuck?  Come on, are you a man or not?!?!?  Is he already bored of her hotness???

You do realize what they were doing pretty much all the time on that train right? Hint: it wasn't playing chess. As for the start of last night and the blowoff, he was worried that Shaw was alive and wanted to deal with that. If you are terrified, performance may suffer... I hear.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 18, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

It may be that I was watching it live and had to deal with the commercial breaks, but I didn't really get into this episode that much.  The Jeffster portion was kinda lame, and I just couldn't muster up a whole lot of immersion.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 18, 2010, 07:46:00 PM »

I liked it but its obviously a set up for the final episodes, thus the pacing was a bit off.  Too bad they havent been up front with Elle, they could have avoided a whole lot of trouble thats for sure.  Nice suprise at the end though,  the rest of the season should be fun

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: May 18, 2010, 08:32:28 PM »

The whole episode felt like a giant setup for what's supposed to be a giant 2 hour episode.  So yeah, this episode kinda sucked except for stuff setup at the very end. Good thing next week's episode looks to be truly epic.

Of course Yvonne's girlfriend underwear is nice as always. As sleazy as that sounds, yeesh, they go out of their way to show her off, it's hard not to notice.

Next episode predictions:
Spoiler for Hiden:
And yeah, I saw Shaw surviving a while back, since the moment chuck and him switched guns. I suspect he's gone off the deep end, but still didn't intend to kill Sara, instead he had dummy rounds designed to look like he was killing Sara. Chuck and Shaw switch guns, Chuck shoots Shaw, and voila. Shaw has an in with The Ring wants to take it down from the inside, but is slightly crazy and we'll see how that pans out in the finale.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 25, 2010, 02:20:23 AM »

So yeah. Shit went down and stuff happened.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I liked it. Too bad it's not back already for next Monday.  crybaby

I didn't see a lot of that coming. Too bad about Orion he was a cool character. Hopefully they get something good going on for next season.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 02:22:16 AM by Kagath » Logged

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #639 on: May 25, 2010, 04:51:00 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on May 18, 2010, 08:32:28 PM

Next episode predictions:
Spoiler for Hiden:
And yeah, I saw Shaw surviving a while back, since the moment chuck and him switched guns. I suspect he's gone off the deep end, but still didn't intend to kill Sara, instead he had dummy rounds designed to look like he was killing Sara. Chuck and Shaw switch guns, Chuck shoots Shaw, and voila. Shaw has an in with The Ring wants to take it down from the inside, but is slightly crazy and we'll see how that pans out in the finale.

Close but uhh... not quite. slywink

Loved the episode. loved the ending.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: