http://gamingtrend.com
August 02, 2014, 01:20:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 50548 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 31, 2010, 02:56:33 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on March 31, 2010, 07:27:35 AM

Great episode, and they're slowly slipping back into more comedy.  I also like how the whole gang is more involved in this episode, especially now that more people know.

My predictions for Shaw and the show:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Shaw drags Sarah out into the desert, but doesn't kill her, he'll be pissed off as all heck, but he knows the real people that killed his wife was the Ring who gave the order.  Instead, he'll fake killing Sarah in order to appear he's gone rogue, allowing him to join the ring with less suspicion.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm confused.  Have they established that the Ring was giving orders to NSA agents at some point?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 31, 2010, 05:32:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 31, 2010, 02:56:33 PM

Great episode, and they're slowly slipping back into more comedy.  I also like how the whole gang is more involved in this episode, especially now that more people know.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Shaw drags Sarah out into the desert, but doesn't kill her, he'll be pissed off as all heck, but he knows the real people that killed his wife was the Ring who gave the order.  Instead, he'll fake killing Sarah in order to appear he's gone rogue, allowing him to join the ring with less suspicion.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm confused.  Have they established that the Ring was giving orders to NSA agents at some point?
Spoiler for Hiden:
Aren't we getting carried away with spoilers when we're talking about stuff that already aired, and speculating about what we think might happen? I don't think you guys are spoiling anything, is all I mean.  icon_smile.
According to some TV columnists I read, getting a 4th season renewal is still "could go either way" at this point, for Chuck and for Heroes.

Another show I've grown to like, Castle w/ Nathan Fillion on ABC, seemed to have a similar status early this season but its ratings have skyrocketed, probably due in no small part to airing after "Dancing With the Stars." When your lead-in gets 21 million viewers, you just have to not totally screw that up (Castle's lauded for attracting 14.4 million viewers, and just got a 22-episode Season 3 renewal; it really doesn't matter to the network suits if it loses 6-7 million from its Dancing lead-in).

As an 8 p.m. show though, Chuck has no "lead in" to speak of that it could benefit from, not that anything on NBC is much of a juggernaut these days. Chuck gets around 5-5.5 million viewers. Granted, that doesn't include Hulu, DVR, NBC.com views etc. but it still seems like the Suits base renewal decisions on that number along with the age 18-49 ratings. And Chuck's ratings in the latter apparently have slid badly.  paranoid This week's episode did do a little better.

I'm rooting for the show, but if it gets another season it's probably going to be on sentiment or good relations with some key NBC execs, clearly not because of ratings.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:38:34 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 31, 2010, 06:32:24 PM »

in the case of spoilers, I would rather cause someone to click one extra time than to ruin a story line or plot point for another.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 06, 2010, 01:05:53 AM »

I'll get this in before the inevitable poo-pooing that often follows:

Great episode. eek

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 06, 2010, 01:21:11 AM »

Wow! Great episode! I had thought that the episode was looking like a series finale but then I remembered that they had originally ordered 13 episodes and this was the 13th.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 06, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »

Quote from: cheeba on April 06, 2010, 01:21:11 AM

Wow! Great episode! I had thought that the episode was looking like a series finale but then I remembered that they had originally ordered 13 episodes and this was the 13th.
On that thought:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I could probably walk away happy with this as the series finale. Lucky for us it isn't.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:25:06 AM by Kagath » Logged

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 06, 2010, 01:29:25 AM »

awesome episode...definitely would have made a great end to the season/series if they hadn't gotten the extension, but i can't wait to see what they do next icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 06, 2010, 04:40:05 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I loved the last 20 minutes or so. Morgan getting called by the General to 'join the team', Casey back on the team, Shaw out of the picture. Everything looked like it was coming up Chuck. Adding Morgan to the Burbank team is illogical on so many levels, and yet it could be the awesome kick in the ass that the show needed. I really hope they have some fun with the two major new dynamics of the show and inject that back out. Hopefully the show is a little less serious for a bit as it finishes off its season/series run.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 06, 2010, 11:59:40 AM »

Quote from: disarm on April 06, 2010, 01:29:25 AM

awesome episode...definitely would have made a great end to the season/series if they hadn't gotten the extension, but i can't wait to see what they do next icon_cool
Yeah I was enjoying the last few minutes and thinking, "they should've saved this for the series finale."  icon_smile

btw, the show's going into repeats the next 3 weeks. Next new episode's April 26. I think there's 7 episodes left (maybe 6?), and some absent characters (including Scott Bakula as Chuck's dad) and Morgan's ex-girlfriend from the Buy More, return.

Playing
PC
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 06, 2010, 06:10:44 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 06, 2010, 11:59:40 AM

Yeah I was enjoying the last few minutes and thinking, "they should've saved this for the series finale."  icon_smile

Exact same thought from me - even the way they filmed it felt like a (pretty satisfying) series finale.  I wonder what was up with that.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #570 on: April 06, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on April 06, 2010, 06:10:44 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on April 06, 2010, 11:59:40 AM

Exact same thought from me - even the way they filmed it felt like a (pretty satisfying) series finale.  I wonder what was up with that.

What was up with that is when they were planning the season they thought it was gonig to be the series finale and then planned and wrote it that way.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 06, 2010, 09:48:29 PM »

well they definitely pulled it off.  The big pay off was just about perfect.  I do believe that they will go back to a more lighthearted tone now that the dynamics of the show have changed but Im glad that this 13 ep arc chose to go a bit darker.  It was worth it.  I also believe that Chuck will be renewed.  Its a bit unique compared to whats on tv these days and its definitely one of NBCs best products, they should grow it not kill it off.  If theres someone in programming with half a brain at NBC they should see this.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #572 on: April 07, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »

On this episode:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Ring will be out of the picture for a while, and what a way to do it.  As others have said, a great way to end the series if it had ended there, but I'm glad there's more.

Yeah, they should be able to go back to more light hearted episodes now that the Ring has been pushed back a bit.

Of course, the Ring probably has real cipher plans, so that'll likely be the focus for the remaining season.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a Dark Intersect, but also someone just as inept as Chuck.

And I am so damn glad that they didn't pull another angst moment with Sarah hating Chuck again for killing Shaw.  Finally, Chuck gets some.  Tongue
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 07, 2010, 01:12:53 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 31, 2010, 02:49:37 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Shaw drags Sarah out into the desert, but doesn't kill her, he'll be pissed off as all heck, but he knows the real people that killed his wife was the Ring who gave the order.  Instead, he'll fake killing Sarah in order to appear he's gone rogue, allowing him to join the ring with less suspicion.

I'd rather see 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Shaw actually get to the point of being about to kill Sarah and have Chuck put a slug in him.  What better way could Chuck truly pass his red test and prove how deep his feelings are for Sarah?

Nailed it!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 07, 2010, 01:26:08 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on April 07, 2010, 01:12:53 AM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on March 31, 2010, 02:49:37 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

I'd rather see 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Shaw actually get to the point of being about to kill Sarah and have Chuck put a slug in him.  What better way could Chuck truly pass his red test and prove how deep his feelings are for Sarah?

actually you both kinda nailed it

Nailed it!

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 07, 2010, 04:35:51 AM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 07, 2010, 12:16:32 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Finally, Chuck gets some.  Tongue
Spoiler for Hiden:
Yeah I guess he finally gets his Miranda Lawson loyalty achievement slywink.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 07, 2010, 05:37:52 AM »

FINALLY!

(and yes, I clapped at the end)

(with my hands)

(together)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 07, 2010, 12:12:38 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on April 07, 2010, 12:16:32 AM

On this episode:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The Ring will be out of the picture for a while, and what a way to do it.  As others have said, a great way to end the series if it had ended there, but I'm glad there's more.

Yeah, they should be able to go back to more light hearted episodes now that the Ring has been pushed back a bit.

Of course, the Ring probably has real cipher plans, so that'll likely be the focus for the remaining season.  Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a Dark Intersect, but also someone just as inept as Chuck.

And I am so damn glad that they didn't pull another angst moment with Sarah hating Chuck again for killing Shaw.  Finally, Chuck gets some.  Tongue

+1  I was cheering at the end.  Great way to go out on a short hiatus

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 07, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I hate to break it to you, but at the end, what looks like Sarah is really Morgan in disguise.

But then again, we always knew Chuck and Morgan had such a bro-mance going on! icon_eek
saywhat

I am wondering if maybe the producers weren't sure they'd get a nearly full-season pickup for this season, and maybe they set this up to be at least a series-ender.

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 07, 2010, 07:40:37 PM »

Writing Chuck slash fan fic again BJ?  Tongue

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 08, 2010, 05:28:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 07, 2010, 07:40:37 PM

Writing Chuck slash fan fic again BJ?  Tongue
You know it!  drool Besides, if the show gets canned, fan fic is the only way to keep the characters alive.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 11, 2010, 01:19:39 AM »

Well, it does have at least a few more episodes as it is back in a couple weeks. I hope it survives as now the perfect team is set up  icon_biggrin
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 13, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »

TV By the Numbers' indexes tend to seem inscrutable to me, but in case you're interested...

Is Renewing Chuck NBC’s Only Hope?
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/04/06/is-renewing-chuck-nbcs-only-hope/47478
Well, NBC is in very bad shape. But renewing Chuck  is hardly its only hope. (although if there are any Jeff Zucker hologram mashups out there, I will post them). NBC has commissioned quite a few pilots, and there’s an anecdotal (meaning, no data to back it up either) argument that a fresh start is the best thing for NBC.
Oh God spare us NBC pilots as great as Knight Rider and My Own Worst Enemy. Does he actually endorse having more pablum like that on the air? Maybe some more awful reality TV show programming that's so awful they don't even get good ratings?  icon_razz

I'd push NBC to show a little patience, even just a year's patience for some of its decent, "under the radar" shows and see if they catch a wave next year.

Anyway, apparently they'll probably know by May, at the latest, if Chuck's time has run out. I'd read in a article related to Southland that the production studios are pretty much required to know by June (usually by May or April) whether a show's been renewed so they have time to gear up for next season.

I guess Heroes is considered a more sure-thing cancellation because of fading ratings and its pricier production costs, even if it's "cancellation index" is the same as Chuck's on that perplexing chart.  icon_confused
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:20:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 13, 2010, 06:27:12 PM »

At least Parenthood has been getting good numbers.  Wiki actually shows that Parenthood's numbers have been better than ... Chuck. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 13, 2010, 06:29:51 PM »

they pretty much brought Heroes full circle anyways with the last episode with Claire revealing herself in the same way she revealed her powers when we first met her.  off of those grids I'm estimating 8 shows that I watch regularly will not come back:

Lost
Chuck
Heroes
Deep End
Human Target
V
Flash Forward

of course Lost was expected, as was 24

Because I can,
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #585 on: April 13, 2010, 06:54:41 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on April 13, 2010, 06:27:12 PM

At least Parenthood has been getting good numbers.  Wiki actually shows that Parenthood's numbers have been better than ... Chuck. 

Chuck doesn't have any big name talent to draw in viewers. Adam Baldwin and Tony Hale are the only ones I knew from elsewhere and neither of them are really big names and Tony wasn't there from the beginning. Parenthood has quite a few names I recognize.

Chuck is probably my favorite hour of television each week, but I can see how it would have a hard time finding an audience. It reminds me a lot of moonlighting with a heavy nerd leaning. Also Monday night is freaking BRUTAL! I have to have 3 tuners going Monday night so I can watch Chuck. Not everyone has that option.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 06:58:04 PM by coopasonic » Logged

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 13, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on April 13, 2010, 06:29:51 PM

they pretty much brought Heroes full circle anyways with the last episode with Claire revealing herself in the same way she revealed her powers when we first met her.  off of those grids I'm estimating 8 shows that I watch regularly will not come back:

Lost
Chuck
Heroes
Deep End
Human Target
V
Flash Forward

of course Lost was expected, as was 24

Is Human Target going away?  I thought it was doing quite well, and had been reviewed well.  Most are saying it's the big networks (Fox) answer to something like Burn Notice, which has a nice little niche going.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 13, 2010, 08:02:46 PM »

Human Target is no Burn Notice. 

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 13, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on April 13, 2010, 08:02:46 PM

Human Target is no Burn Notice. 

yeah, while I like it the over arching plot lines that Burn Notice has aren't present in HT (yet).

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 14, 2010, 03:44:32 PM »

Everything's so relative. Southland (which I blab about in the other thread here) would absolutely kill for Chuck's ratings. Even when its first seven episodes were on NBC, Southland didn't do as well as Chuck's doing now, afik.

I can't help thinking Chuck might've done better on ABC, and maybe Trauma and Southland might've fit better on CBS's lineup amongst procedurals and CSI clones.

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 14, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on April 14, 2010, 03:44:32 PM

I can't help thinking Chuck might've done better on ABC, and maybe Trauma and Southland might've fit better on CBS's lineup amongst procedurals and CSI clones.

considering shows like Warehouse 13, Eureka and even Sanctuary I'd say the Sci Fi channel might have been the perfect place for Chuck.

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 14, 2010, 07:26:24 PM »

Maybe its just wishful thinking but I actually believe that Chuck will get renewed.  I know its on the bubble but I just feel like its done well enough, especially for NBC to deserve renewal.  Another show that may get renewed is Human Target.  Its actually picked up a bit in the ratings and since its been a short run replacement series it they may actually give it a chance to find itself for a season.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 14, 2010, 10:21:59 PM »

Hey, saw an EW tidbit that Fred Willard (whose comedic mug is pretty much all over TV in supporting bits these days) stops by Chuck on May 3:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/04/12/fred-willard-castle-modern-family-chuck/
While I don't consider it much of a spoiler, we seem spoiler-sensitive here, sooo...

And what will you be playing on Chuck?
Spoiler for Hiden:
That was an interesting one, because I play a part I’d always thought I was right for — a spy. I’m with Swoosie Kurtz on that, we’re a bickering spy couple, kind of like Robert Wagner and Stefanie Powers played [on Hart to Hart], and we’re showing the ropes to the young Chuck and his partner. And it’s like a real did we double-cross them or did we triple-cross them? That was a lot of fun.

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 21, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »

The Chuck Season 3 (possibly series finale - we'll know before then) finale is 2-hours long and will air May 24:

Season Finale Dates/Times Confirmed
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/19/season-finale-dates-confirmed/
Chuck: Monday, May 24 @ 8 pm/ET (two hours)

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 23, 2010, 07:49:23 PM »

Take this with a grain of salt, but EW's TV columnist has raised Chuck's renewal chances from "could go either way" to "safe bet."  icon_biggrin

This Just In: 'Chuck' renewal prospects looking good
http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/23/chuck-renewal-prospects-looking-good/
After two anxiety-inducing weeks at “could go either way,” I’m happy to report that Chuck is back to being a “safe bet.” A well-placed source close to Team Bartowski whose name is not Josh Schwartz (scout’s honor!) tells me “it’s looking good” that NBC will do the right thing and renew the show for a fourth season.
Probably no official announcement until May.

Playing
PC
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #595 on: April 23, 2010, 09:00:15 PM »

In celebration I'm wearing my "Chuck Me" T-shirt this weekend whether my wife likes it not.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2010, 02:17:05 AM »

I hope it has the picture in the title sequence of Chuck's face when the little guy pops out of the nostril.  icon_lol

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 26, 2010, 08:10:19 PM »

Sci-Fi magazine (can find it at Borders newsstand if you just wanna skim it) has a lengthy interview article with actress Yvonne Strahovski (Sarah) and many set photos to ogle. She's working on a couple Australian movies that probably won't see theatrical releases here (maybe on DVD later).

No big revelations. She loves doing her own stunts and wire work for the show, and she remains very hopeful of a renewal for season 4.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 08:24:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 27, 2010, 01:24:59 AM »

Great episode of Chuck tonite!  They are back to the more light hearted tone.  Of course the first 15 minutes consisted of repeated gratuitous shots of Ms Strahovski in lingerie, and thats always a plus.  I really like that they are going from Sarah being Chucks keeper to Sarah and Chuck as a team.  I think the rest of this season is gonna be fun.  I just hope that the whole safe bet to be renewed thing turns out to be true because this show is too much fun to cancel

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: April 27, 2010, 02:16:55 AM »

Praise Buddha!  Finally a funny episode.  It is so, so nice to actually see the doing humor again.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: