http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 04:53:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 50845 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 30, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »

I'm glad. I guess I was mis-reading January as a bad thing, failing to realize most of the shows go on hiatus after Thanksgiving and through the holidays.

Bummer that Trauma won't get its "back 9" order. I kind of like the show, but I don't think it's getting enough traction to survive. I kind of wish it and Southland would find second lives on another network that isn't sabotaging its schedule with a prime time talk show.  icon_neutral

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 31, 2009, 01:13:35 AM »

Trauma is really f-ing weak.  Horrible scripts.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 20, 2009, 03:00:28 AM »

Chuck and Heroes, back together again!

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – November 19, 2009 – NBC’s action-comedy series “Chuck” returns to the NBC lineup on Sunday, January 10 with all-new missions and two action-packed, back-to-back original episodes in its season premiere (9-11 p.m. ET) before the series -- starring Zachary Levi in the title role -- moves to its regular day and time (Mondays 8-9 p.m. ET) beginning January 11.

In addition, "Chuck" returns with guest stars galore in its third season. These include: Angie Harmon (NBC’s “Law & Order”), who will play Sydney, an enemy operative; Brandon Routh (“Superman Returns”), who is set to play CIA Agent Daniel Shaw; Robert Patrick (“Terminator 2: Judgment Day”) will play Colonel Keller, a soldier and spy from Casey’s past; Kristin Kreuk (“Smallville”), who will portray Hannah -- a potential love interest for Chuck; Armand Assante (“Judge Dredd”) as dictator Premier Goya, who is the target of an assassin; Steve Austin (“WWE Smackdown!”) will portray Hugo Panzer, who becomes entangled in Chuck’s first solo mission; and Vinnie Jones (“Snatch”) will play Carl Stromberg, an arms dealer.

In other programming news, a special two-hour episode of "Heroes" will be broadcast on Monday, January 4 (8-10 p.m. ET) and then the series moves to its new time slot of Mondays (9-10 p.m. ET) starting January 11.

“Josh (Schwartz) and Chris (Fedak) and the writing team are doing a great job this season, and we think the loyal fan base for this show will be happy to see it back on the NBC schedule,” said Angela Bromstad, President, Primetime Entertainment, NBC and Universal Media Studios.

In “Chuck,” the world's nerdiest secret agent is back in the one-hour action-comedy series. Chuck Bartowski (Levi, "Less Than Perfect") continues as the Buy More electronics store computer geek, who unwittingly becomes the government’s most vital secret agent. Chuck is transformed into the Intersect 2.0 after another data download into his brain. This time, he not only knows government secrets, but he is also well equipped with deadly fight skills. Chuck has the potential to become a real agent, but he has one problem -- his emotions. Now he faces the battle of keeping his emotions in check in order to protect himself and the people around him.

The ever stoic Colonel John Casey (Adam Baldwin, "My Bodyguard") returns with partner Sarah Walker (Yvonne Strahovski, "Gone"), one of the CIA's top agents and Chuck's dream girl. As Chuck assumes his new role as the Intersect 2.0, Casey and Sarah need to protect him but also help him become the agent he is destined to be.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 20, 2009, 03:15:40 AM »

Awesome. Not long now. Well relatively speaking.  nod

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 20, 2009, 04:09:09 AM »

Saw an ad for this while watching NBC tonight. Can't wait!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 20, 2009, 02:12:44 PM »

io9 has a little trailer for Chuck Season 3 in their morning spoilers.  Looks like fun! 

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 03, 2009, 01:48:12 AM »

So I have the NYC Rockafellar Center tree lighting on in the background for some reason still and Zachary Levi is one of the hosts. They've shown a couple Chuck S3 spots now. 'No more Mr Nice Spy' has been their catchphrase so far.

I can't wait! nod

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 07, 2009, 06:51:55 PM »

They're hawking Chuck 2.0 (Season 3) very heavily on NBC these days. Although I know we've been told less of the show will take place at the Buy More, I like the snippet where he accidentally karate kicks one of his co-workers there.  icon_smile That gets the point across that even though he gets "programmed" with Spy abilities, he may not always be able to control them. I anticipate lots of physical comedy.  icon_smile Compared to Jay Leno and some of this season's new shows, Chuck's ratings probably now seem epic to NBC. They probably miss it.  icon_biggrin

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2009, 08:21:47 PM »

CNN has a nice video interview with Zachary Levi about the new season, and gratitude to fans for Saving Chuck:
Zachary Levi: Fans saved "Chuck"
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2009/12/07/zachary-levi-fans-saved-chuck/

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 05, 2010, 02:10:59 PM »

Just checked my TiVo and Chuck is scheduled to air this Sun and Monday with new episodes

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 05, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on January 05, 2010, 02:10:59 PM

Just checked my TiVo and Chuck is scheduled to air this Sun and Monday with new episodes
Awesome. I just seen the Season 2 DVDs advertised so I hoped it was coming up soon.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 05, 2010, 03:43:07 PM »

w00t w00t w00t!  time to make sure my DVR is set to record it!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #372 on: January 05, 2010, 04:40:51 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 05, 2010, 03:43:07 PM

w00t w00t w00t!  time to make sure my DVR is set to record it!

Yay start of the monday too many shows to record problems.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2010, 02:23:30 PM »

If you want to catch up on Season 2 (or get a would-be fan caught up), just a reminder SyFy is having a 8-hour mini "Chuck Season 2" marathon starting today (Thursday, Jan. 6) at 5 p.m. until 1 a.m. It's not the whole season obviously, though it at least includes the premiere and season finale, and choice episodes in between.

5 Reasons to Watch Syfy's 'Chuck' Marathon
http://insidetv.aol.com/2009/12/17/5-reasons-to-watch-syfys-chuck-marathon/

I doubt we'll see Bryce Larkin anymore since the actor got his own show on USA. Which is fine, it should make the show more "Chuck-centric."  icon_smile

The Season 3 trailer segment where he starts spouting, I'm guessing, fluent Mandarin Chinese, or something at the Buy More is pretty funny.  icon_lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 02:25:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2010, 05:19:21 PM »

Hey! I saw the Season 2 DVD Chuck sets flooding the shelf at Best Buy. Wanted to check prices at other places first (it's $44.99 at BB). The Best Buy version has an exclusive comic book. And apparently "limited editions" include a set of paper 3-D glasses to watch some episodes that were also filmed in 3-D.

I believe Target is initially selling it at $36.99 (at least online), but no special Target-only perks.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: January 08, 2010, 06:18:35 AM »

I started rewatching this tonight to be fresh for the new ones. Just as entertaining this time around.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: January 08, 2010, 02:06:00 PM »

I missed the Marathon but did go ahead and pick it Season 2 at Target for the $36.99 price I mentioned. I have a $15 Best Buy coupon but I'm reserving it for a game.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: January 10, 2010, 08:13:41 PM »

Reminder...third season of Chuck premiers tonight, 9E/8C.

Wonder how they're going to get Yvonne into her underwear tonight???
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: January 10, 2010, 11:14:25 PM »

Who cares how?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: January 11, 2010, 01:49:11 AM »

I care!  Unwrapping the present is half the fun of getting the gift.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: January 11, 2010, 01:58:11 AM »

For the love of god let Dateline end already for decent TV. I hate that show. The only thing good about it is the SNL spoofs.

Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 11, 2010, 02:08:40 AM »

Quote from: hentzau on January 10, 2010, 08:13:41 PM

Okay, does 8 minutes until a bikini shot count?  icon_biggrin
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 11, 2010, 03:22:06 AM »

Quote from: Barrakketh on January 11, 2010, 02:08:40 AM

They easily topped that in the second episode.  drool
Barrakketh
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 11, 2010, 04:02:55 AM »

Quote from: Jiffy on January 11, 2010, 03:22:06 AM

Quote from: Barrakketh on January 11, 2010, 02:08:40 AM

They easily topped that in the second episode.  drool
Indeed. Carina and Sarah.  thumbsup
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 11, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

Great episodes. Should be interesting if they can keep from going tooooo over the top.

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 11, 2010, 04:24:27 AM »

Quote from: Kagath on January 11, 2010, 04:05:00 AM

Great episodes. Should be interesting if they can keep from going tooooo over the top.

I'm not sure how it gets much more over the top than the one scene with Casey and the helicopter.

That said... the ridiculousness of this show is part of why I love it. I was grinning like an idiot during pretty much that whole thing. I really missed this show.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:06 AM »

Quote from: Thin_J on January 11, 2010, 04:24:27 AM

Quote from: Kagath on January 11, 2010, 04:05:00 AM

I'm not sure how it gets much more over the top than the one scene with Casey and the helicopter.

That said... the ridiculousness of this show is part of why I love it. I was grinning like an idiot during pretty much that whole thing. I really missed this show.
Well short of him developing super powers and flying off or something... Agreed with the craziness. Nice show to relax watching and yes I was grinning like an idiot as well I would imagine. icon_smile

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: January 11, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »

Yay Chuck's back (and Sarah's back... and front)!

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: January 11, 2010, 03:30:17 PM »

Two decent episodes. Not great, but not bad. I think I was expecting too much after the amazing stretch of episodes we got at the end of season 2. Still AWESOME by any stretch of the imagination - the show just left me wanting more, as it always does.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I have to admit, the first half of the first episode was really depressing, what with Chuck losing his spy gig, losing Sarah and then just losing his motivation. But the first buy-more scene was brilliantly done. All the more reason to write-out Emmitt.

Of course, it's AWESOME to see that Intersect 2.0 doesn't work as intended. I don't want Chuck to not be Chuck as the show moves forward. I was very concerned that the intersect would make writing out of problems too easy (I still am) and I was even more concerned that Chuck would no longer be himself with the changes.

Thankfully, Zachary Levi brings an AWESOME level of nerdiness to the role, and just completely owns the character that there's no longer any doubt in my mind. Watching him manage the laser beam maze perfectly, only to chuck it all up at the end, was perfect. Completely what I would expect the character to do. I'm glad that he's becoming more accepting of his role as spy, and I'm glad that he's migrating more towards the future of what that means for him.

I think the worst part was the near-complete reset that was set up at the end of the first episode. Everyone's moving back into their original places; back to working at the buy-more; Casey, Morgan and Chuck ALL working at the buymore together (a little too convenient IMO but it's AWESOME to have the team back together)

And I didn't know that Tony Hale was leaving the show. I'm kind of sad to see him go, since his obnoxious character was a great counter-balance to the buy more employees. However, I'm glad that I didn't know he was leaving so when he got shot in the head I emphatically said YES! Glad to see that tool kick the bucket.

But that's all secondary to the core of the show and season - Chuck and Sarah's relationship is just so brilliantly done and portrayed that I can't help but love the ins and outs of their relationship. They clearly care for each other and to see the job getting in the way of that constantly; but I think that they need to make them a spy-couple ASAP.

I guess immediately following tonight's episode, we can start worrying about getting a season four, right?

One more note - I did quite enjoy the two Ellie/AWESOME/Morgan Honda Crossover/Vancouver 2010 commercials. I think that it's brilliant marketing and I had to rewind the DVR to go back and watch it. I wonder if they'll show the commercials during other shows?
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: January 11, 2010, 04:27:44 PM »

Did anyone else feel like it felt like totally different writers?  These two eps just didn't feel the same as season 2 did -
Spoiler for Hiden:
much more cold and distant, bigger gaps in the writing it felt like, brutally killing off characters?  Did anyone ever get shot on the head on screen in the first two seasons, let alone a supporting character?  Plus while I loved seeing the characters again, I hated the total and complete reboot of everyone, including Big Mike.  Feels VERY lazy.  Can't we see the characters in different settings or something?

Sarah seemed hotter in season 2, too.  Maybe it was just the cold, distant Sarah in this ep that dampened her hotness.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 04:29:15 PM by Rowdy » Logged
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 11, 2010, 05:14:09 PM »

I always hated the character they killed, as you're supposed to really... but my jaw still dropped when they killed him. I actually thought it was a pretty awesome moment.

And they even wrote in a little bit of a joke about it later on.

coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #391 on: January 11, 2010, 05:48:55 PM »

I thought part of the deal of getting the show back was a big budget cut, which I imagine made reusing existing sets pretty important. Maybe Big Mike was cheaper too. slywink

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: January 11, 2010, 05:50:30 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on January 11, 2010, 05:48:55 PM

Maybe Big Mike was cheaper too. slywink

not in my view.  the man's priceless.   icon_biggrin

the character and the actor are hilarious, imho.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2010, 06:14:57 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on January 11, 2010, 05:14:09 PM

I always hated the character they killed, as you're supposed to really... but my jaw still dropped when they killed him. I actually thought it was a pretty awesome moment.

And they even wrote in a little bit of a joke about it later on.
Yeah I was pretty shocked. My 74 year old mom (never watched the show before) seemed to enjoy things, and also gasped at that moment. I thought maybe the bad guy used a tranquilizer dart or something, but I think the ensuing scene removed that possibility.  icon_razz

I thought the two episodes worked well in terms of reintroducing everything. The 2nd hour confused me for a bit cause I thought for a few minutes maybe it was a rebroadcast of something from late last season. It's great (if you're a fan) to get 3 episodes in 2 nights.  icon_cool

Judging from upcoming footage, Brandon Routh (Superman Returns) seems to play a fellow agent with a thing for Sarah. And comes across very smug and arrogant -- probably Routh was ecstatic to get to play someone slimy for a change.  icon_smile I assume Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) is some sort of new love interest for Chuck, and there'll be some interesting tangles from all that.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 06:17:23 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 11, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on January 11, 2010, 06:14:57 PM

I assume Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) is some sort of new love interest for Chuck, and there'll be some interesting tangles from all that.

I've never seen Kristin Kreuk in anything... ever. I can only hope she's better than Rachel Bilson was in her short stint on chuck. That woman was terrible.

Jordana Brewster was pretty solid though. And hot. And also hot.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 11, 2010, 09:43:20 PM »

I read Kristin Kreuk was indeed coming in as a new Buy More employee and love interest for Chuck to offset Brandon Routh and create a four-way love intersection.

I enjoyed the 2 eps not quite as much as I thought I would, but still was very happy to see the show back again.

I think my biggest problem with the "plot" was not being able to accept Chuck not taking Sarah up on her proposal, after all they'd been through and all he'd already seen.  It just didn't feel consistent with his love for her and maybe more importantly, what he's seen the govt capable of in the past.  This is the same govt that was ready to kill him last season and yet now he's willing to sacrifice the chance of a lifetime with the love of his life to work for them?
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 11, 2010, 09:48:31 PM »

Strong ratings!

Now the real question is how well it will do tonight.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 11, 2010, 10:48:10 PM »

Much as I love the show, I do feel like the whole Chuck-Sarah "romantic tension" stuff is at some point going to either run out of gas or just feel drawn out (if it isn't already). If the show does end after this season, then I'd be happy to just watch them run away together in the sunset and live happily ever after.  icon_smile

But what are they going to do? Let them just start boinking like rabbits? (which will have people drag out the Moonlighting comparisons). Just throw out the romance stuff altogether and have them act like robots towards each other? Give them both amnesia? I find their relationship fundamental to the show, but I don't know how many "I love you," "You can't love me," "We can't love each other," "I can't be with you even though I want to" moments the show can have before it just becomes ridiculous.

My gut feeling is they're walking a decently fine line between not alienating us "core" fans altogether and hopefully attracting a more casual audience into "discovering" the show. Who knows if it'll succeed, but it is rare for a show to get a 3rd season when its ratings have been so-so.

The previews for Heroes again remind me why I lost interest in that show after season 1. It just seems to be utterly bathed in grim pathos again, and the sense of fun that was at least somewhat prevalent in Season 1 seems to still be extinguished. Maybe they need a Chuck crossover.  icon_lol

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:08 PM »

They have said that they will be resolving Chuck & Sarah's relationship this season. No idea how long that will take.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 12, 2010, 02:13:36 AM »

Enjoyable episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nice to see Devon getting a chance to help out. Looks like a fun one next week as well.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm expecting more main characters to get involved in the episodes. Probably cheaper for their budget.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: