http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 01:08:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chuck Season 4 discussion (spoilers!!!)  (Read 51683 times)
PaulBot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2008, 05:08:40 PM »

I love how Chuck is actually helping get the real spys out of bad situations. GO CHUCK - you're becoming a spy!

My wife shocked me last night by saying that she's not too thrilled with her favorite shows (Heroes, Criminal Minds & CSI) so far this season, but she's enjoying Chuck! Guess it's not just a guy show.

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2008, 06:05:04 PM »

awesome episode.  I damn near hurt myself laughing at Casey during the cage fight.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2008, 03:07:23 AM »

During tonight's episode, I realized something.

Chuck is now my favorite show on TV.

I think the exact moment I realized it was watching Adam Baldwin being a DJ during the reunion scene.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2008, 03:35:42 AM »

I don't know about this episode, to tell the truth. There were some great scenes in there, but I really hated
Spoiler for Hiden:
how you think you've finally found Sarah's true name and at the end they reveal that's not even her true name.
I loved the whole beginning with Chuck pissing off Sarah, heh. I wish they'd get away from their special guest star every week thing. Nicole Richie did OK, but come on, she's like 15 lbs. She could put all her force into a roundhouse kick and it'd be like slapping someone with a chopstick. I'm gonna have to watch it again before I come to a full conclusion.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2008, 11:32:49 AM »

I find that woman to be so unbelievably hot, it's just unreal.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Dramatist
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2008, 01:23:11 PM »

Last night's episode was my favorite hour of TV in a long, long time.  I laughed and laughed.  I really enjoy almost every minor character.  It's kinda like the office where the minor characters might get one line an episode and they just nail em.  The main characters interaction is just right too.  Such a great episode in a really great show.  thumbsup
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2008, 05:30:19 PM »

Anyone got a link to the promo for the "upcoming episodes?" Looks like next week's is new and then no Chuck for 2 weeks due to the election.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2008, 06:27:08 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 21, 2008, 05:30:19 PM

no Chuck for 2 weeks due to the election.

WHUT!!??!! That's just UNACCEPTABLE!!!! I'm writing to the White House about this!!  mad mad mad

The election should be scheduled AROUND Chuck, not vice-versa.

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2008, 09:39:27 PM »

I know, I'm bummed too. The one after the election will be the one with Jill smile.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2008, 01:52:52 AM »

Very good episode but where was Anna in the Buy More segments?  The scene where Chuck is checking out the supercomputer was very funny [awkward!].
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2008, 11:38:03 AM »

Quote from: Zinfan on October 22, 2008, 01:52:52 AM

Very good episode but where was Anna in the Buy More segments? 

Undergoing CIA training.  Tongue
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2008, 05:04:05 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 21, 2008, 03:35:42 AM

I don't know about this episode, to tell the truth. There were some great scenes in there, but I really hated
Spoiler for Hiden:
how you think you've finally found Sarah's true name and at the end they reveal that's not even her true name.
I loved the whole beginning with Chuck pissing off Sarah, heh. I wish they'd get away from their special guest star every week thing. Nicole Richie did OK, but come on, she's like 15 lbs. She could put all her force into a roundhouse kick and it'd be like slapping someone with a chopstick. I'm gonna have to watch it again before I come to a full conclusion.

That's the way these shows work - they have to keep whatever the 'mystery' or hook is going for as long as possible.  As soon as you hook up the two leads, or as soon as you start answering questions, the hook is gone and then you are on the downhill slide.  It's a delicate line - tease viewers long enough and they get frustrated (see Lost), start giving them what they think they want and the show loses it's edge (see Moonlighting, X-Files, any sitcom that depends on sexual tension between characters, etc).

Chuck and Sara will be dancing around each other and Chuck won't know anything about Sara for years to come.  They'll probably start dropping little bits of info around season finales and the like in the next couple seasons, or sooner if they don't think the show is going to last.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2008, 05:35:17 PM »

I try to be faithful about posting at least the Hulu links for the latest episode, so:

Episode #4: Chuck vs. the Cougars [at Hulu]
http://www.hulu.com/watch/40049/chuck-chuck-vs-the-cougars

Episode #5 summary:
"Chuck vs. Tom Sawyer"
The fate of the world rests on Chuck's mad videogame skills. Plus: Big Mike brings a new sheriff to the Buy More (Tony Hale guest stars)
======================
This past week's episode actually had a discernible Bump Up in the ratings (from about 6 million to 6.7 million viewers). Hopefully #5 will build on that but it really is a shame about the election pre-empting.

I'm no fan of Richie, but c'mon, if you can buy Yvonne Strahovski kicking Michael Clarke Duncan's (who could probably snap Yvonne like a twig in real life, though he's fortunately a Gentle Giant it seems) butt in the season opener, then it's probably too late to worry about believability in the fight scenes.  icon_razz

I can't see this stunt-guest-casting lasting the entire season. I've enjoyed some of it (John Laroquette was terrific, and I hope his character returns at some point), some of it seemed like something of a waste (I've seen Michael Strahan be genuinely charming so as I said, it just seemed a waste to have him portray a stereotypical lout), and it hasn't really improved ratings. But I guess the fact some of these guest stars really wanted to be on Chuck speaks well of it.  icon_smile

I noticed his sister and Captain Awesome were MIA this episode (aside from a cameo via the security cameras). The show has so many characters now, I imagine the struggle is finding time for everyone to shine.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 05:44:02 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2008, 06:21:27 PM »

Saw it again last night.

The locker that the Russian Mob stuffed that guy into before they were about to kill him? it had the same decorations that Jenny Burton's locker had in 1998 (albeit with a couple added things).

It looks like there's not going to be a Halloween episode this year frown. Maybe they'll fit it in next week, but I haven't seen anything to that effect.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2008, 06:55:55 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on October 21, 2008, 05:30:19 PM

Anyone got a link to the promo for the "upcoming episodes?" Looks like next week's is new and then no Chuck for 2 weeks due to the election.

shit, it's going to be a long wait then. so many shows are off until that's over with, ugh.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2008, 07:26:15 PM »

Here is the promo, btw.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2008, 04:39:18 AM »

Yikes. Levi apparently smacked his head into a camera, and had to go to the hospital briefly for stitches:

Chuck Star Hospitalized for Head Bang
http://zachary-levi.com/2008/10/23/chuck-star-hospitalized-for-head-bang/
The star of NBC’s Chuck was briefly hospitalized at Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center earlier this week after accidentally banging his head on the set during filming, E! News has learned.

Maybe they can write that into the show... smirk
============
And, a certain Lord of the Rings movies cast member will keep the string of guest appearances going...  Bring your own!
http://chucktv.net/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 04:43:06 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2008, 03:03:18 PM »

finally caught up with Mondays episode, and readily agree Chuck has become my favorite show this season. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I figured Jenny Burton wouldn't be her real name though.  unless they revealed her dad's name was Jack.

Because I can,
hentzau
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2008, 04:08:32 AM »

Tonight's episode was filled with win. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Rush and Missile Command?  Brought me right back to college!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 04:21:54 AM by hentzau » Logged
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2008, 11:24:38 AM »

this show never fails to deliver. tonight's was freakin hilarious. i like how the incorporated a lesser character into the overall main arc.

you got a zune?!
no i was kidding, i got an ipod.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2008, 12:06:29 PM »

Any episode where a famous coin-up arcade game (do today's kids even know what those are?  icon_confused) and Rush (the rock group) are featured seems written for me. I really enjoyed it, but now we gotta wait a couple weeks.

Here's the Hulu video link:

#5: Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer

http://www.hulu.com/watch/41148/chuck-chuck-versus-tom-sawyer

My only geek problem with the episode...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Atari doesn't exist anymore as far as being an actual building/entity in the U.S. It's basically just a "brand" that France-based Infogrames uses. Though I guess sending Chuck to France to infiltrate Infogrames wouldn't be as catchy a concept.  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 12:09:06 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

Luckily, the terrorists are now walking into the Buy More.
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2008, 02:57:39 PM »

I actually didn't like this episode much. Premise seemed dumber than normal and I wasn't that taken with any of the character developments. I also hate that Rush song icon_razz. I will give praise for Tony Hale (Buster from Arrested Development) and Sarah's "tech support" outfit.

The next episode looks to be great though, can't wait.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2008, 03:27:18 PM »

Yeah this wasn't my favorite episode. Ellie, Chuck's sister, turned into a nagging mother. I wanted Chuck to tell her to shut her fucking pie hole. The scene with Ellie and Sarah was great, though. I wish they had had much more of that. It's cool to see Sarah so uncomfortable, almost intimidated. Otherwise, Koz is right, the premise was dumber than normal, which is saying a bit, and the characters didn't really develop at all - it was kind of a throw-away episode. That's fine, though, as every series has them.

Now 2 weeks until a new and hopefully really good storyline is going to seem like a long, long time for this great show frown.
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2008, 04:53:45 PM »

How about Sarah in that skirt - holy moly! I was waiting for my TV to overheat and start smoking!

cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2008, 02:31:09 PM »

Last night's episode was... interesting. They seemed to ignore everything that happened before it. Chuck shares a touching moment with Sarah for like 3-4 episodes in a row, learns that she has feelings for him and basically admits that he's in love with her and the best thing that's ever happened to him, but seemingly forgets all of it and re-falls for Jill? Bah. I expected better.

But this was the first in a 3-series story arc I guess, so I'll happily wait and see if they get back on track.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2008, 02:32:19 PM »

I laughed hard quite a few times in this latest episode.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Koz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2008, 06:04:17 PM »

It was a pretty middle-of-the-road episode. The spy and love stuff was as cheesy as ever. The Buy More stuff was funny. We definitely need more Captain Awesome outside of his home element. It was good as a setup piece and I'm excited to see how it progresses.
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2008, 07:08:38 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on November 11, 2008, 02:32:19 PM

+1.  I did too, there are some really funny moments there.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2008, 07:59:54 PM »

yeah, that episode was great. probably going to pick up the season 1 dvd to support the show. would hate to see this die and we get more shitty "reality" shows to replace it.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »

Loved last night's episode. I love how this show knows what it wants to do, and rolls with it. I love Chuck's IPhone when Casey calls up.  nod
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2008, 09:07:27 PM »

Quote from: Koz on November 11, 2008, 06:04:17 PM

It was a pretty middle-of-the-road episode.

Yes, but an episode of second season, middle-of-the-road Chuck is WAY better than an episode of third season, firing-on-all-cylinders Heroesicon_wink And most other things on prime-time network TV, too.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2008, 01:06:47 AM »

Did you see that they're doing a Chuck in 3-D after the Super Bowl? That should be pretty wild.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2008, 01:33:22 AM »

Quote from: Tokek on November 11, 2008, 07:08:38 PM

Quote from: Lockdown on November 11, 2008, 02:32:19 PM

+1.  I did too, there are some really funny moments there.

I just watched it and my sides are hurting.  it had one scene I never thought I'd see  icon_lol

Because I can,
dmd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2008, 02:20:10 AM »

Quote from: CrayolaSmoker on November 12, 2008, 09:07:27 PM

Quote from: Koz on November 11, 2008, 06:04:17 PM

It was a pretty middle-of-the-road episode.

Yes, but an episode of second season, middle-of-the-road Chuck is WAY better than an episode of third season, firing-on-all-cylinders Heroesicon_wink And most other things on prime-time network TV, too.
The only shows I'd put above Chuck would be Dexter and Sarah Connor Chronicles.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2008, 08:38:47 AM »

I just re-watched the episode and was surprised to see it was directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, the guy behind Super Troopers and the Dukes of Hazard remake (and apparently an episode of the new Knight Rider).

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2008, 07:47:22 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 13, 2008, 08:38:47 AM

I just re-watched the episode and was surprised to see it was directed by Jay Chandrasekhar, the guy behind Super Troopers and the Dukes of Hazard remake (and apparently an episode of the new Knight Rider).

icon_eek

wow, color me surprised.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2008, 11:36:21 PM »

Quote from: cheeba on November 11, 2008, 02:31:09 PM

Last night's episode was... interesting. They seemed to ignore everything that happened before it. Chuck shares a touching moment with Sarah for like 3-4 episodes in a row, learns that she has feelings for him and basically admits that he's in love with her and the best thing that's ever happened to him, but seemingly forgets all of it and re-falls for Jill? Bah. I expected better.

But this was the first in a 3-series story arc I guess, so I'll happily wait and see if they get back on track.

I thought they established in one of the previous episodes that they could "never be together" blah blah blah.  I don't remember the exact context but it seemed to me like Sarah plays him hot and cold, then does Bryce any time he appears.  Not to say I'm not rooting for them to get together, but I thought it was implied everything had gone back to a stalemate, leaving Chuck again with no real relationship, thus freeing him to fall for Jill.  Of course I haven't been watching as closely as I used to so maybe I missed more.

I did love this week's episode, and as contrived as it was, the kiss was AWESOME lol.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2008, 04:35:37 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 13, 2008, 11:36:21 PM

I thought they established in one of the previous episodes that they could "never be together" blah blah blah.  I don't remember the exact context but it seemed to me like Sarah plays him hot and cold, then does Bryce any time he appears.
They did establish they could never be together, but Chuck still knows Sarah has feelings for him, and he still has feelings for her. In the one with Rush, she tells him to make a wish on a shooting star (satellite) and he looks at her. She didn't do Bryce the last time he appeared. Or at least I don't think it was implied, even though he stayed at her place. She told Bryce specifically that there would be no hanky panky this time around.
Not to say I'm not rooting for them to get together, but I thought it was implied everything had gone back to a stalemate, leaving Chuck again with no real relationship, thus freeing him to fall for Jill.
Yeah kinda, though this is awfully quick for that to happen. Last show he's wishing for her on a shooting star, and now he's practically forgotten her. It seems a touch out of character, but no big deal. I look forward to seeing where they go with this arc.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2008, 01:13:17 PM »

So NBC's pulled the plug on the Christian Slater vehicle, My Own Worst Enemy [which struck me as Chuck minus any sense of humor]; and Lipstick Jungle [a sort of de-fanged, Network-friendly Sex in the City], though each has a few episodes remaining to air.

I don't know if it means anything to Chuck. Both of the shows' Nielsen ratings were so low (4 million-ish), they made Chuck's 6+ million viewers seem like a juggernaut.  icon_razz

If you want to see a different Side of Levi, check out a clip from the TV series, "The Division." Although, he's STILL getting dumped.  icon_razz
http://zachary-levi.com/2008/11/14/zachary-levi-on-the-division/

I refuse to let myself get too knotted up about the soap aspects of Chuck -- the show is from the creators of The O.C. afterall  Fabulous. I think Chuck has had it hammered into him that the "relationship" with Sarah isn't "real," so I wouldn't begrudge him falling for his -ex, given that situation.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:16:46 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: