http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 12:53:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronicles of Riddick  (Read 1254 times)
leo8877
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2004, 06:22:09 PM »

So I just watched this last night and I enjoyed it.  Sure there was chees galore, but damn the special effects were cool and there was some great action sequences too.  I'll never understand why these fun movies get bashed, they deliver on what they promise: two hours of eye candy.  Did any one else enjoy this one?
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 06:32:55 PM »

I liked it very much because I knew exactly what to expect.  I was hoping it wouldn't take itself as seriously as it did, but I was not disappointed at all.
dedewhale
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 07:44:21 PM »

I was a little disappointed....loved Pitch Black and thought this tried to be too much of a Conan story to a really cool character. I was fun but kind of confusing
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 12:00:30 AM »

I liked it too. Just watched it a couple of nights ago and was throughly entertained. Plus, my god that girl is HOT HOT HOT. (Jack)

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
obb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 12:29:12 AM »

Anyone take a look at the director's cut?  I was thinking of picking that up and wondering if the extra scenes/restored subplot/violence add anything to the movie or if it's better off without them.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 12:46:59 AM »

Quote from: "obb"
Anyone take a look at the director's cut?  I was thinking of picking that up and wondering if the extra scenes/restored subplot/violence add anything to the movie or if it's better off without them.

I think that's the one that I watched, but I never saw it before, so I can't tell what was added.  :oops:
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 02:04:09 AM »

Getting it tomorrow!
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004, 02:05:15 AM »

I'm interested, and I don't know why really. I initially had zero desire to see the movie.

I find that's something that happens to me fairly often when it comes to DVD's instead of theater viewings. It's quite strange actually.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2004, 03:29:37 AM »

I watched the director's cut that adds 15 extra minutes. You'll notice the scenes because a lot of them show Vin Diesel doing something a little unnatural, like doing the same move twice, or some of the effects have been left out...

I thought that the character is cool, the universe is cool but the acting is Horrid and the writing was even worse. It had decent action that was killed by the above offenders. I mean all the sequences between that Necromonger General and his wife were just unecessarry and she's just a bad actress acting bad lines. They definately pooched what could've been an even greater action flick.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2004, 05:54:52 AM »

Quote from: "mb737"
I liked it very much because I knew exactly what to expect.  I was hoping it wouldn't take itself as seriously as it did, but I was not disappointed at all.

I saw the movie tonight. My feelings mirror yours. I was expecting a cool action flick and I was not disappointed at all.

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 07:58:54 AM »

I liked it except for a couple of things: number one, it should have been R rated, with the violence that implies. Two, that quick editing crap made the main action setpieces unenjoyable, I NEED to see what's going on in an action sequence.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: