http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 11:03:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas starting earlier again  (Read 984 times)
JLu
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2006, 04:12:55 PM »

I mostly love the Christmas season.

But our local oldies station has officially gone to its All Christmas Music format, until December 26th.  Six weeks of Christmas music?  Over 10% of the year?!?  That's a bit much.  I'm all for getting into the Christmas Spirit, but not until after Thanksgiving for me thanks (Thanksgiving is my favorite of the holidays).

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 04:36:28 PM »

The station I'm stuck listening to at work starts their X-mas marathon Friday.  Looks like I'll be breaking out the iPod when the boss isn't around and tuning everything out when the boss is here.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 04:37:32 PM »

You have music playing at work over the PA or something? I'd hurt someone, Christmas music or not.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 04:46:08 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on November 15, 2006, 04:37:32 PM

You have music playing at work over the PA or something? I'd hurt someone, Christmas music or not.

We have a radio, and the bossman insists on it being on the same station (it's not a bad station, mostly '80s and above music) and the one time I did change it I had to listen to him piss and moan for the rest of the day after he changed it back.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

I <3 Christmas, and for the most part, I think the Xmas craze around my area is actually much later this year than last-last year it was starting seriously right after Halloween-while this  year its almost Thanksgiving and I am still seeing suprisingly little Xmas stuff going around. either way, by far my favorite holiday of the year.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 08:33:02 PM »

We're actually decorating this weekend.  Insane, I know, but it's not so much that we want to do it now but we do like to have the house decorated by Thanksgiving since we always host my wife's family  on turkey day.  We do wait until the first week of December to put up outside decorations, though. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »

Funny you mentioned this, as 'Carol of the Bells' just started playing from my co-workers office.

Yeah, it's too damn early.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Clay

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 09:36:18 PM »

Quote from: JLu on November 15, 2006, 04:12:55 PM

But our local oldies station has officially gone to its All Christmas Music format, until December 26th.  Six weeks of Christmas music?  Over 10% of the year?!?  That's a bit much.  I'm all for getting into the Christmas Spirit, but not until after Thanksgiving for me thanks (Thanksgiving is my favorite of the holidays).

Are you in Raleigh by any chance?  93.9 (I think) has been playing X-mas music nonstop since the beginning of November.

xbox live: nude rick james
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »

My store (grocery store in Arizona) has had giant ass Christmas balls (throwing snow and whatnot) up since SEPTEMBER FIRST.

THAT is way too fucking early for what should otherwise be a joyful season.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 10:26:42 PM »

1 of my local stations went Christmas Music officially, about 3 weeks ago.....  saywhat

Looks like everyone is trying to make October the start of Christmas. I have a nagging suspicion it is the greedy fucking retailers conspiring to do it.   No problem here, I do *ALL* of my Xmas shopping over the summer so I don't have to deal with nonsense crowds and turbo-mean people in rushes.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 11:31:59 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on November 15, 2006, 10:26:42 PM

1 of my local stations went Christmas Music officially, about 3 weeks ago.....  saywhat

Looks like everyone is trying to make October the start of Christmas. I have a nagging suspicion it is the greedy fucking retailers conspiring to do it.   No problem here, I do *ALL* of my Xmas shopping over the summer so I don't have to deal with nonsense crowds and turbo-mean people in rushes.

Costco had their christmas displays up in October.  (sorry I had to do it, but it's true)
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2006, 01:03:31 AM »

Quote from: naednek on November 15, 2006, 11:31:59 PM

Quote from: Kobra on November 15, 2006, 10:26:42 PM

Costco had their christmas displays up in October.  (sorry I had to do it, but it's true)

it is true, and we were "WTF'in" about that too!

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2006, 05:22:57 AM »

Well at least the station waited until "ROCKTOBER!!!" was over.  icon_wink  Yeah, that one never gets old. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2006, 01:24:08 PM »

Quote from: Clay on November 15, 2006, 09:36:18 PM

Quote from: JLu on November 15, 2006, 04:12:55 PM

Are you in Raleigh by any chance?  93.9 (I think) has been playing X-mas music nonstop since the beginning of November.

Boston area -- 103.3 here...

All this talk reminds me that last year a local grocery store did put up a big inflatable Christmas Globe inside before Halloween.  They took it back down within the week -- I'm wondering if too many people asked, 'what??', or if one of the teen employees confused the Christmas inflatable with a Thanksgiving one...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 01:54:08 PM »

Great - my radio station that I wake up to (and do little else with, as I prefer my Sirius radio) just started Christmas music today. Normally they wait until Thanksgiving.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: