http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:37:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Christmas in...September?  (Read 670 times)
Destructor
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:56:35 PM »

So, consider this a rant, but at my workplace (grocery store), we just put up fucking CHRISTMAS goods for sale (and a display of decorations too). And yes, the damn display plays music, too.

Taking a sweep down the center isle (where all kinds of seasonal goods go), you'll find swimware (I'm in Arizona), Halloween (went up September 1st), and Christmas (popped up today).

For the love of all that's holy, stop the madness now. I've heard of Christmas in July (as a desperate sale), but this? WTF is wrong with this world, anyway?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:38:44 PM »

They've had Christmas stuff up at my local Walgreens for a few weeks now.  thumbsdown
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:22:26 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2006, 08:56:35 PM

So, consider this a rant, but at my workplace (grocery store), we just put up fucking CHRISTMAS goods for sale (and a display of decorations too). And yes, the damn display plays music, too.

Taking a sweep down the center isle (where all kinds of seasonal goods go), you'll find swimware (I'm in Arizona), Halloween (went up September 1st), and Christmas (popped up today).

For the love of all that's holy, stop the madness now. I've heard of Christmas in July (as a desperate sale), but this? WTF is wrong with this world, anyway?

Time to counter RANT on your point, thank you for bringing this up!

What the hell is with this country constantly pushing shit up and extending shit?  Let me give you an example, we have something called the "Woodward Dream Cruise" around here.  I hate it, it makes the roads busy, and brings in annoying people flaunting their  penis envy cars.  The point is, this was a Friday/Saturday event when it started.  Some pencil neck city council fuckhead got the ideal to extend it to SUNDAY.. Then something interesting happened, starting last year, they actually started it on WEDNESDAY.  But this year tops it all off, they started it on MONDAY of the weekend before so now we have a full week of penis envy.

This is pure insanity..  Everywhere I go I see Christmas shit up and it totally sours my mood.  Has anyone ever written a book on what drives this nonsense?  I have heard people say "Tipping Point" is a book that examines something called "Social Epidemics" and how they are start.  I almost suspect the incessant need to move the holidays up FOUR months in advance is driven by the tipping point.

I will admit I DO get all of my Xmas shopping out of the way as early as July, I have reasons for this.  Some of the best sales and lowest prices of the year are during the slow summer months.  This year I have 1 last major thing to buy for the kids, and I am doing it this week.  A HUGE reason why I simply refuse to shop in December are that after a few years in retail, I have extreme dislike for the holiday shopping period and the insanity that follows it.

People are absolutely pathetic these days.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:27:51 PM »

We put up some of our Christmas stuff with our Halloween stuff....back in late August.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:56:18 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 26, 2006, 10:22:26 PM

Quote from: Destructor on September 26, 2006, 08:56:35 PM

Time to counter RANT on your point, thank you for bringing this up!

What the hell is with this country constantly pushing shit up and extending shit?  Let me give you an example, we have something called the "Woodward Dream Cruise" around here.  I hate it, it makes the roads busy, and brings in annoying people flaunting their  penis envy cars.  The point is, this was a Friday/Saturday event when it started.  Some pencil neck city council fuckhead got the ideal to extend it to SUNDAY.. Then something interesting happened, starting last year, they actually started it on WEDNESDAY.  But this year tops it all off, they started it on MONDAY of the weekend before so now we have a full week of penis envy.

This is pure insanity..  Everywhere I go I see Christmas shit up and it totally sours my mood.  Has anyone ever written a book on what drives this nonsense?  I have heard people say "Tipping Point" is a book that examines something called "Social Epidemics" and how they are start.  I almost suspect the incessant need to move the holidays up FOUR months in advance is driven by the tipping point.

I will admit I DO get all of my Xmas shopping out of the way as early as July, I have reasons for this.  Some of the best sales and lowest prices of the year are during the slow summer months.  This year I have 1 last major thing to buy for the kids, and I am doing it this week.  A HUGE reason why I simply refuse to shop in December are that after a few years in retail, I have extreme dislike for the holiday shopping period and the insanity that follows it.

People are absolutely pathetic these days.

You, sir, take the cake as grouch of the forum.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:32:02 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 26, 2006, 11:56:18 PM

You, sir, take the cake as grouch of the forum.

But it's still funny as hell to read.

Quote from: Zarkon on September 26, 2006, 11:27:51 PM

We put up some of our Christmas stuff with our Halloween stuff....back in late August.

Apparently my store is slow then. Good lord.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:33:38 AM »

Come on, it's Christmas!  Love the music.  The SPIRIT.  Grouches you all are, grouches.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 01:15:29 AM »

I wish Christmas stuff was up / it were the "holidays" 11 months of the year, so I love it.

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 01:23:18 AM »

Fuck X-Mas, it's time to start marketing for Easter!!!!  Bring on the Cadbury Eggs!!!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 02:08:57 AM »

Quote from: depward on September 27, 2006, 12:33:38 AM

Come on, it's Christmas!  Love the music.  The SPIRIT.  Grouches you all are, grouches.

You, sir, have never worked in a mall.  The music starts right after Halloween and your nerves slowly fray.  By the time Christmas arrives you are ready to reenact the Weird Al holiday opus "The Night Santa Went Crazy."  I don't have Christmas spirit for several reasons.  First, most of the music sucks.  Second, the hyper commercialization is sick.  Third, it doesn't fucking snow in Georgia so their is no ambience.  Fourth, fundamentalists should really be more upset about it.  I don't even know why that last one bothers me but it does.  Maybe it's the whole, "Wow, here is something you SHOULD be upset about, and yet you go look crazy because you bitch about stupid offensive shit instead."  I think I also resent my birthday being so close to Christmas so I get screwed.

I do like listening to Low's beautiful Christmas album all year round.  Spread the cheer!

I hate the fucking mall.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 02:14:14 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2006, 01:23:18 AM

Fuck X-Mas, it's time to start marketing for Easter!!!!  Bring on the Cadbury Eggs!!!

I hate those eggs!  I don't like the shit-filled center.  I can't eat chocolate without getting sick.  I hate diabetes.

I also hate those Peeps.

I did win a giant stuffed bunny when I was a little kid.  That was cool.

Oh yeah, I hate Halloween.  I don't like kids coming to my house and then I get upset because I don't get enough kids at my house to get rid of all the candy I bought which I can't eat myself.

I hate candy corn.

I hate Valentines Day because I'm single.  I hate St. Patrick's Day because the Leprechaun movies are stupid.  I should say something derogatory about the Irish while I'm at it.

And screw secretaries day.  Answer the damned phone and be happy nobody is sexually harassing you.  Not that they would, you hag!

/bitter.

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 02:50:02 AM »

You know what pisses me off?  Asshole bicycle riders that act like they own the road and ride in the middle of traffic when only three feet away there is a bike lane specifically for them so they don't slow down traffic, cause accidents and get run the fuck over!  Why spend the time, space and money to create bike lanes if you retarded fucking monkeys aren't going to use them?

Ok, so it's not holiday related but I figured this was a good place to rant. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 09:33:43 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 27, 2006, 02:50:02 AM

You know what pisses me off?  Asshole bicycle riders that act like they own the road and ride in the middle of traffic when only three feet away there is a bike lane specifically for them so they don't slow down traffic, cause accidents and get run the fuck over!  Why spend the time, space and money to create bike lanes if you retarded fucking monkeys aren't going to use them?

I was behind an entire HERD of those bastards the other day.  I felt like a lion as I spied a straggler.  He peddled with furious might as I rode up on him.  For a brief moment I wondered, "Would they even notice? Would they be too frightened to stop and aid their slower brother or flee and be thankful that it wasn't them?"

Seriously, what pisses me off is that they don't follow the laws.  If they are going to be protected by the law then is it too much to ask that they obey it?  Don't come riding up next to me at a traffic light and then make a break for it on green.  My truck weighs a lot!  I honestly think those people are crazy entrusting their lives to idiots safely encased in their steel tanks.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: