http://gamingtrend.com
September 22, 2014, 02:34:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charlie and the CHocolate Factory  (Read 2598 times)
SkyLander
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2004, 05:27:38 AM »

wooo has fark put it "marilyn manson surrenders."

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 08:50:48 AM »

Bad idea to remake it. I'm scared at what Tim Burton will do with the Oompa Loompas. They're already freaky enough as is  And Tim Burton tends to make weird/surreal movies. :lol:
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 12:03:25 PM »

I'm there for anything directed by Tim Burton, starring Johnny Depp, and featuring Danny Elfman music.  That's a winning combination in my book.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 01:14:46 PM »

Cool.  I'm a Tim Burton fan and not much stuff of his has disappointed me so far.  It should be good!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 02:54:28 PM »

As much as I liked the first film I have to say that if anyone can make a worthy remake of it it's Burton.  And if any actor can top Gene Wilder, it's Johnny Depp.  Should be interesting to watch.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 07:40:19 PM »

My love of Tim Burton...fighting with end of Planet of the Apes...

Seriously, That ending was so bad, it has made me question some of his near-genius work (ie Edward Scissorhands, which I will always point out had a truer message than American Beauty, was much more visually riveting, and a million times better movie.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
El Guapo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2004, 07:44:04 PM »

Dude.  Planet of the Apes was SO BAD, I still get flashbacks.  So I dunno, an unnecessary remake my him gets my spider-sense tingling.  It'll probably be bad, though it couldn't possibly be as bad as Planet of the Apes.  

I'm sure Johnny Depp will be good, though.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2004, 07:48:13 PM »

Quote from: "Big Jake"
My love of Tim Burton...fighting with end of Planet of the Apes...

Seriously, That ending was so bad, it has made me question some of his near-genius work (ie Edward Scissorhands, which I will always point out had a truer message than American Beauty, was much more visually riveting, and a million times better movie.)

Just so you can sleep better, from what I understand he had nothing to do with that ending.  From what I hear that was the studios doing.

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 07:59:31 PM »

Tim Burton is pissing on one of my favorite movies of all time. Ugh...

SpaceLord
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 08:03:44 PM »

Let's hope it's more Pee-wee's Big Adventure, Edward Scissorhands, and The Nightmare Before Christmas than Planet of the Apes.  :shock:

There's no place like OO, there's no place like OO. frown
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 08:10:48 PM »

This movie is lined up to be great, the only reservations I have is that the first Charlie the CHoclate Factory was awesome... So it is going to be different and I might have a tough time watching since I know I will always be comparing it the first.
Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 08:35:10 PM »

Well, let's hope he doesn't abandon his original efforts in order to keep doing remakes.... I think his originals are what he does best.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2004, 08:39:44 PM »

Burton=IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2004, 08:49:50 PM »

Quote from: "Ypmur"
Well, let's hope he doesn't abandon his original efforts in order to keep doing remakes.... I think his originals are what he does best.

This is his next project.  Supposedly it's a new stop motion musical.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/

s

Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2004, 09:25:05 PM »

And once again, Depp?  :shock:
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2004, 11:37:12 PM »

Acually its not technically a remake, since in willy wonka and the chocolate factory he passed the factory on to charlie and just left. This is a sequel. Hence Charlie and the chocolate factory slywink

Ypmur
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2004, 11:41:35 PM »

Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense then because there is a kid named Charlie in this movie and Depp plays Willy Wonka.  Just look at the cast: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367594/

And then compare it to the original. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067992/
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2004, 12:00:58 AM »

... there seems to be some confusion here.

The original film, Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is based on a book called Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. They changed the title because Gene Wilder/Willy Wonka is the main attraction of the movie, and they wanted to reflect that.

This, however, remains faithful to the book by calling it Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. But it's still a remake, or "re-imagined", as they like to call it, of the original.
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2004, 12:19:57 AM »

I see now, I never knew there was a book called charlie and the chocolate factory. Just made sense if you were going to do a sequal that it would be called charlie and the factory slywink

Thanks for clearing that up slywink

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2004, 12:48:03 AM »

The sequel to the book was called "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator". Picks up right where the first book leaves off and is equally as bizarre.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2004, 12:58:18 AM »

Thank You Rob.  I never knew that.  I can now rest easy.  (I was wondering how he would have come up with something so trite.  And a studio enforcing it makes total sense.)

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2004, 12:04:21 PM »

First Bush gets re-elected and now this. The universe simply can't stop kicking me in the balls.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2004, 01:09:25 PM »

Quote from: "Sepiche"
Quote from: "Ypmur"

This is his next project.  Supposedly it's a new stop motion musical.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0121164/

s

A new stop motion musical?  You just made my day.  Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my all-time favorites, and I was afraid he'd never team up with that crew (Elfman, especially) to try it again.  Looks like a killer voice cast as well.  Depp, Bonham Carter, Emily Watson, Albert Finney, Christopher Lee.  

I absolutely loved "Big Fish", his last original film.  Totally different from anything else he's done, but it was a fantastic movie.  One of the few movies I can remember that honestly brought tears to my eyes.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2004, 02:06:18 PM »

As bad as Depp looks, I constantly remind myself that no matter what movie hes ever done, hes awesome in it. I think Depp is a great attraction no matter what he does, and Im sure he'll bring some quirky charm to Wonka. However, no one, no ONE, can match Wilders portrayal. He was so good. God that movie was my childhood.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2004, 02:58:29 PM »

What exactly is the defintion of a stop-motion musical?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2004, 03:03:53 PM »

Quote from: "ElijahPrice"
What exactly is the defintion of a stop-motion musical?

A musical filmed using stop motion animation.  Nightmare before Christmas is the perfect example for a number of reasons. smile

s

Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2004, 10:48:39 PM »

Quote from: "Pharaoh"
As bad as Depp looks, I constantly remind myself that no matter what movie hes ever done, hes awesome in it. I think Depp is a great attraction no matter what he does, and Im sure he'll bring some quirky charm to Wonka. However, no one, no ONE, can match Wilders portrayal. He was so good. God that movie was my childhood.

I agree.  Depp is a truly AMAZING actor, although his political views really piss me off.  Gene Wilder IS Willy Wonka and even though Depp is awesome, he'll never top Wilder.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: