http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 01:16:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Challenge this...  (Read 967 times)
DCW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2004, 03:24:50 PM »

Interesting, and not in a good way....

http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/
mb737
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004, 03:34:19 PM »

Flame me all you want, but anyone who puts up with this for any length of time is a complete moron.

Step one: call Dept. of Labor to report abusive work practices.

Step two: tell your employer you did so and that you are now going to work a normal work week (40 hours/week) no matter what they say.

Step three:get fired, sue for wrongful termination, win, PROFIT!
Laner
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 03:38:46 PM »

Or find another job.  Working at EA isn't a "gotta have this job to eat" situation like someone who has to work at McDonalds or Wal-Mart just to survive.  People *choose* to work there.  Yeah, you love games.  Yeah, you want to work at one of the biggest game creators.  The thing is, you have to decide whether or not the job is worth the demands put upon you.  Anyone who pays attention to the gaming industry knows it's one of the most demanding areas of software development, with extended crunch time being the rule, not the exception.  You get paid next to nothing, with no chance for royalties - especially in a corporate environment like EA.  You more than likely will be let go if the title is a flop.  Or even if it's a success.  That's just the nature of the industry.  It sucks, but that's the way it is.  I don't care how much I like a job, if I'm treated like crap, I tender my resignation and find something else.  It's like restaurant servers who complain about having to rely on tips... no one is forcing you to work there!  If you don't like the pay or the conditions, Leave!  Find something you really want to do, in an environment that agrees with you ,and go do it!
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 03:52:37 PM »

Quote from: "mb737"
Flame me all you want, but anyone who puts up with this for any length of time is a complete moron.

They aren't. At least, not any more. A class action lawsuit by the workers against EA is underway.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 06:22:03 PM »

Sound Illegal..Id certainly sue them.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004, 11:33:33 PM »

They need a union.  Unions have thier problems, no doubt, but it would sure as hell beat what they are putting up with anyway.  Good god, that place doesn't need a human resources dept it needs a robotic resources dept.   :evil:

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: