http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Captain EO  (Read 778 times)
DarkEL
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: May 12, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »

As I've been making preperations for the familys vacation to disneyworld this fall - I've also been thinking about all my trips to disneyland when I was a kid.

Earlier today it dawned on me that I remember enjoying Captain EO. Yes that Captain EO. The corny little 10 minute 3D film featuring michael jackson as a space captain who used music to free a world. Anyone know of a place I could go to see the full thing online (sans 3d of course)?

Course I'm sure this clip from family guy explains why it went away
http://youtube.com/watch?v=py3wVq8gAIg
Mookee
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:00:08 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/captain%2Beo/video/xs1lr_michael-jackson-captain-eo-full
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 08:01:23 PM »

oops -  I was just about to post that i had found it on YouTube after a bit of extra searching.

I embedded the videos into one place on my blog for anyone to see here
http://www.geekward.com/posts/14-Captain-EO
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »

I never knew Janet Jackson played Captain EO. I thought Micheal was in it somewhere?

Man I had gone my entire life without seeing that....wish I had'nt now. I could only take about 1 1/2 minutes of it now but that was way too many.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »

Holy crap... I remember watching this in full 3D at Disney SO many years ago...

Talk about a ride down memory lane. Wow.

And Disney got rid of the 1000 Leagues ride? Why? Is it just not 'hip' enough to use anymore?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:35:03 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 12, 2007, 09:28:13 PM

Holy crap... I remember watching this in full 3D at Disney SO many years ago...

Talk about a ride down memory lane. Wow.

And Disney got rid of the 1000 Leagues ride? Why? Is it just not 'hip' enough to use anymore?
from http://www.wdwhistory.com/FindFile.Ashx?/Magic_Kingdom/Fantasyland/20,000_Leagues_Under_the_Sea/

The ride was originally closed for 'rehab' in the late 1990s but was never to reopen. There were many reasons for the ride to stay closed and the cost to resolve these issues was prohibitive. Long load times and high cost of maintinance of the tank were the main reasons for closing the attraction. The tank started to leak into the utilidoors in Fantasyland as well. Also any retrofits to make it disability accessable was extremely costly. Part ofthe lagoon was turned into Ariel's Grotto and the rest was turned into the Thousand Acre Playground. On the trunk of the tree in the playground is a carving of one of the subs.

For awhile the ships were viewable in the lagoon leaving many to think the ride would open up again. They were then moved to inside the building and then later removed. The ships have been scrapped and can be found in different places. One of the subs has been seen at Epcot on the backlot tour and two were sunk at Castaway Cay, Disney's private island, for use by the Disney Cruise Line guests. Another one is at Tokyo DisneySea in the lagoon. For along time the pool stood empty and the former queue was used as a 'meet and greet'. Eventually the area was closed off and construction began on the new Hundred Acre Wood.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 09:38:26 PM »

Well, that explains that. I remember going on the ride in my youth, as well as going to Disney and realizing it was closed down.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 09:45:51 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on May 12, 2007, 09:38:26 PM

Well, that explains that. I remember going on the ride in my youth, as well as going to Disney and realizing it was closed down.

sorry folks. park's closed. moose out front should have told ya.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 11:43:16 PM »

Dad took me to Disney World when I was about 13. I hated it. The lines were so long I never got to do anything. I basically walked around all day in the hot sun and saw stuff from a distance. I really wanted to ride that sub one but alas it was not meant to be. ive never had any interest in ever going to that place again.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 12:51:33 AM »

Quote from: Mookee on May 12, 2007, 08:00:08 PM

but it's pan & scan  puke

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 12:53:45 AM »

I've only been to Disney World and Epcot Center once, but the one thing that I really remember was this free thing at Epcot where you could get your picture taken and then a robot arm would draw it out on a piece of paper while you watched.  That was better than the fireworks and other stuff for me.  

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 02:12:21 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 13, 2007, 12:51:33 AM

Quote from: Mookee on May 12, 2007, 08:00:08 PM

but it's pan & scan  puke

And it's not in 3D either. But it's all you have, so you whippersnappers will live with it! biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: