http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 11:22:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Candy Land... the movie?  (Read 998 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:56:17 AM »

from the WTF? files...  I personally can't wait for Operation the Movie  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:31:49 PM »

Hey, they had a Clue movie...so, why not?

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:31 PM »

Chutes and Ladders would make a great action flick.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 06, 2009, 04:42:31 PM

Snakes and Ladders would make a great action flick.

Fixed.
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 06:15:34 PM »

Rainbow Brite: The Movie
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 06:20:31 PM »

Does anyone know if this will be considered canon within the Candyland mythology?

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 06:22:15 PM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on February 06, 2009, 06:20:31 PM

Does anyone know if this will be considered canon within the Candyland mythology?

.... eek

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 08:13:49 PM »

The world will finally learn the terrible secrets of Gumdrop Mountain!
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 05:31:03 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on February 06, 2009, 03:31:49 PM

But that was made as a joke and nothing more. How can you make a movie out of Candy Land?

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on February 07, 2009, 05:31:03 PM

But that was made as a joke and nothing more. How can you make a movie out of Candy Land?

a joke? Its film making at its pinnacle! Loved that movie!! :-)

A new one
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 06:42:07 PM »

I hear it actually takes place in an alternate timeline.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 07:22:09 PM »

good one.  you've been sigged my friend.

tell me, is uwe boll involved?  this could be a good outlet now that game movies have been denied him.  a whole range of board game based movies would be right up his alley.

next stop:  Trouble, the Movie.  starring sarah michelle gellar as the woman with a magic cube in her hand

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 02:14:45 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on February 07, 2009, 06:33:54 PM

Quote from: Destructor on February 07, 2009, 05:31:03 PM

a joke? Its film making at its pinnacle! Loved that movie!! :-)

Don't get me wrong - I loved Clue too. But it just sorta took the 'license' and did what they did with it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2012, 03:47:48 AM »

just when you thought it was dead:

CULVER CITY, Calif., January 31, 2012 – Columbia Pictures, Happy Madison and Hasbro, Inc. are in final talks to develop Candy Land, a live action movie based on the bestselling Hasbro board game with Adam Sandler attached to star, it was jointly announced today by Doug Belgrad, President of Columbia Pictures, Hannah Minghella, President of Production for Columbia Pictures, and Brian Goldner, Hasbro President and CEO.  Kevin Lima (Enchanted) is attached to direct the project for the studio with Sandler and Robert Smigel are in talks to write the screenplay.

Commenting on the announcement, Belgrad said, “Candy Land is more than just a game. It is a brand that children, parents and grandparents know and love. The world of Candy Land offers an extraordinary canvas upon which to create a fantastical, live-action family adventure film with a larger than life part for Adam. We are thrilled to partner with Hasbro and Happy Madison on this project.”

“The creative talent on board for this movie is amazing and we are excited to bring alive the world of Candy Land for kids and families everywhere,” Goldner added. “Sony/Columbia has been a wonderful creative partner as we develop another of our games, Risk, for the big screen. We are looking forward to working with Sony/Columbia and Adam Sandler and his team at Happy Madison Productions on this film.”

Candy Land is one of the most beloved and best known games of all time.  Created in 1949, it has been played by generations of families. In the game, players go on a magical journey through fantastical lands made of candy, sweets, and ice cream: the Peppermint Forest, the Gum Drop Mountains, and the Lollypop Woods.  Along the way, players encounter such iconic characters as Princess Frostine, Lord Licorice, Mr. Mint, and King Candy.

The project will be produced by Goldner (Transformers) and Hasbro’s Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Motion Pictures, Bennett Schneir (Battleship) along with Happy Madison Productions.  At Columbia, development of Candy Land will be overseen by Sam Dickerman.

Because I can,
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 01, 2012, 03:47:48 AM

just when you thought it was dead:

CULVER CITY, Calif., January 31, 2012 – Columbia Pictures, Happy Madison and Hasbro, Inc. are in final talks to develop Candy Land, a live action movie based on the bestselling Hasbro board game with Adam Sandler attached to star, it was jointly announced today by Doug Belgrad, President of Columbia Pictures, Hannah Minghella, President of Production for Columbia Pictures, and Brian Goldner, Hasbro President and CEO.  Kevin Lima (Enchanted) is attached to direct the project for the studio with Sandler and Robert Smigel are in talks to write the screenplay.

Commenting on the announcement, Belgrad said, “Candy Land is more than just a game. It is a brand that children, parents and grandparents know and love. The world of Candy Land offers an extraordinary canvas upon which to create a fantastical, live-action family adventure film with a larger than life part for Adam. We are thrilled to partner with Hasbro and Happy Madison on this project.”

“The creative talent on board for this movie is amazing and we are excited to bring alive the world of Candy Land for kids and families everywhere,” Goldner added. “Sony/Columbia has been a wonderful creative partner as we develop another of our games, Risk, for the big screen. We are looking forward to working with Sony/Columbia and Adam Sandler and his team at Happy Madison Productions on this film.”

Candy Land is one of the most beloved and best known games of all time.  Created in 1949, it has been played by generations of families. In the game, players go on a magical journey through fantastical lands made of candy, sweets, and ice cream: the Peppermint Forest, the Gum Drop Mountains, and the Lollypop Woods.  Along the way, players encounter such iconic characters as Princess Frostine, Lord Licorice, Mr. Mint, and King Candy.

The project will be produced by Goldner (Transformers) and Hasbro’s Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Motion Pictures, Bennett Schneir (Battleship) along with Happy Madison Productions.  At Columbia, development of Candy Land will be overseen by Sam Dickerman.

This only makes me realize that Hollywood has fallen so far down the rabbit hole that the entire lot (about 99% of those involved in movies and about 75% of those involved in TV) should be fired and never allowed to work in TV or Movies again.  Ever.  Hollywood as a whole needs a new start because it's clear they are no longer sane.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: