http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 11:00:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burn Notice Season 3  (Read 1740 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2009, 12:57:35 AM »

well frak me, apparently Burn Notice came back and for some reason my DVR was no longer set to record it.  Luckily it's on Hulu, but the first episode of Season 3 goes away tomorrow.  just a heads upm in case anyone else missed this coming back.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 04:10:49 PM »

Missed last nights but Comcast has them on Demand for a few as well.  The move to 9 pm has thrown me off.  Great show.

morlac00 on PSN
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 04:27:44 PM »

Yeah they changed the initial showing time so if it is set like my DVR to record "First Run" then you miss it.
Luckily I was flipping through that day and saw that it was earlier

I'm actually a fan of all three shows that night --> Burn Notice --> Royal Pains --> reshowing of In Plain Sight

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 06:43:48 PM »

I once again have to state my love for this series. The third episode of this season in particular was brilliant television with a finale that I probably watched five times just because it was so awesome. smile
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 03:05:25 PM »

This is the one show on TV that I can actually watch all the way through.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:20:00 PM »

I watched the first episode last night, but had to watch it on my PC as when I fired up Hulu on my PS3 to watch it on the big screen it gave me a message saying something along the lines of 'this program isn't available for viewing on this device', which is the first time I've seen that message when watching stuff like that.

anyways, I like the new status quo set in the first episode of the season and I'm hoping they keep it up for a bit.  oh, and Gabrielle Anwar must have been taking hotness pills during the break because she seems hotter than ever.

Because I can,
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 02:30:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 11, 2009, 03:20:00 PM

I watched the first episode last night, but had to watch it on my PC as when I fired up Hulu on my PS3 to watch it on the big screen it gave me a message saying something along the lines of 'this program isn't available for viewing on this device', which is the first time I've seen that message when watching stuff like that.

anyways, I like the new status quo set in the first episode of the season and I'm hoping they keep it up for a bit.  oh, and Gabrielle Anwar must have been taking hotness pills during the break because she seems hotter than ever.

Yea iI think she went on an only cheeseburger diet because she look much less skeletorish and therefore much more hotter.

morlac00 on PSN
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2009, 04:05:14 PM »

not starting a new topic because its the same season...this is starting back up on 1/21, the addition of moon bloodgood was a win.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2009, 04:06:22 PM »

Quote from: ElijahPrice on December 19, 2009, 04:05:14 PM

the addition of moon bloodgood was a win.

Is she going to back?  I got the impression that the character didn't work out like they hoped and they dropped her prematurely. 
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2009, 05:16:10 PM »

I'm starting to think that this show's greatest strength is also its greatest weakness: Because the cast is so good, they can't kill off any of the main characters without ruining everything.  icon_smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 05:46:29 PM »

Quote from: ElijahPrice on December 19, 2009, 04:05:14 PM

not starting a new topic because its the same season...this is starting back up on 1/21, the addition of moon bloodgood was a win.

awesome, thanks for the heads up.  there's nothing else I watch on USA so I have a tendency to miss the first new episode or 2 when they come back.

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2009, 09:24:04 PM »

Looking forward to it.  I'm interested to see what they do now that Michael's in a little bit more trouble.

However, I think that one of the great strengths of this show is that none of the characters will die, so you can watch the show without it being too tense, which makes it almost perfect escapism.  YMMV.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2009, 01:10:45 AM »

I almost hope Moon Bloodgood isnt back.  Its seems almost every series she touches suffers a premature death.  Remember Journeyman and DayBreak?  It did seem that they may have wrapped up her arc this summer though.  Looking forward to its return tho,  its fun escapism done right.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 06:20:43 PM »

i liked bloodgood, but yeah i think her arc might be over...in other guest star news though, tyne daly will be making an appearance, which should make for some pretty funny cagney and lacy in jokes
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »

The new episodes start Thursday Jan. 21st per their website...........
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 02:33:41 AM »

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2010, 10:38:44 PM »

the action in this show is done pretty well, especially for being a tv on a cable network, doesn't seem cheesy at all...

promo for the new ep..http://video.usanetwork.com/series/burn_notice/season_three_previews/dark-road/v1189170
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 06:53:48 AM »

good thing I check my channel guide; it's not showing this weeks episode as a new one even though it is, so my DVR would have skipped it.

Because I can,
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 09:19:13 PM »

yup and it's at 10pm not 9pm like before...just kind of playing out the string here at work, killing time until burn notice comes on...
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 09:40:46 PM »

I already have the DVR set.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »

thoughts on the premiere? wasn't sure about how mike ended up using his mom, but i was glad he fixed everything in the end...he cant turn completely heartless now, eventhough we all know he just really really wants to get off the burned list.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 06:48:05 PM »

Quote from: ElijahPrice on January 26, 2010, 06:41:16 PM

thoughts on the premiere? wasn't sure about how mike ended up using his mom, but i was glad he fixed everything in the end...he cant turn completely heartless now, eventhough we all know he just really really wants to get off the burned list.

yeah, the whole mike and his mon thing was kinda harsh.  I'm curious to see who his new 'handler' is going to be.

Because I can,
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 04:50:06 AM »

Yeah, I've never gotten the sense that he'd callously kill/ruin the lives of innocents. I was thinking maybe there'd be some kind of Oceans Eleven finish where they made things worthwhile in another way, but this seemed reasonable. But frankly, I'm not clear why they couldn't have just stolen what they needed in the first place, perhaps it would have been too hard to find it all.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 09:19:32 PM »

i think stealing multiple files of information would have probably taken more time...going in and just making it look like things were stolen is much easier and takes a lot less time...

either way im looking forward to tonights episode...have a feeling the new handler will be made a bit clearer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 09:24:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 20, 2010, 06:53:48 AM

good thing I check my channel guide; it's not showing this weeks episode as a new one even though it is, so my DVR would have skipped it.

well crap, for some reason it's still not showing up as new episodes so I just set my DVR to record anything during that time period of USA.  thank god for Hulu.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 10:09:11 PM »

So I just finished watching seasons 1 and 2 since they are on DVD.  (It is really hard to wait week to week to watch shows.)  How is season 3 holding up?  I loved the first 2 so will I love #3 or did they do something to jump the shark?

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »

Season 3 has been spotlighting the supporting cast more than previous seasons, and it's been a nice change.  I especially enjoy the focus on Michael's mom Madeline and Sam.  I particularly like that Sam and Madeline have become close friends (in a brother/sister way, almost).

All in all, this season has been pretty strong. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 10:26:14 PM »

I loved Sam's homage to CSI Miami in last week's episode.

Because I can,
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2010, 10:45:01 PM »

I dunno, I'm finding that I'm not liking this season as much.  Gilroy feels tacked on, almost perfunctory.  Michael was so willing to off Strickler, and now he's trying to dance around Gilroy?  It's weird.  Plus, the jobs haven't been as clever as seasons past.  I dunno, maybe I'm just getting used to it.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 12:16:34 AM »

I think it's of equal quality with Season 2 with the exception that the major arc isn't very strong.  But that's never been one of BN's strong suits IMO so I don't mind that it isn't very compelling this season. 
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2010, 12:23:55 AM »

BN is more about the weekly client than big story arcs to me.

That said, Stickler was a way in to the CIA, that's why Westin worked with him.  Gilroy is a dangerous psychopath of an operative who is planning something, and the only way Westin can see to stop it is to get on the inside.  It's been established that he's a bit of a patriot, caring about people and country.

I'm watching this show on an 8 day delay on hulu so don't mind if I comment on stuff that's a week old.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2010, 07:25:09 AM »

wow, season finale is last week and after Thursdays episode it looks to be a doozy.

Because I can,
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 07:04:41 PM »

I just finished the season and the finale was actually rather weak I thought.  I mean Gilroy was supposed to be so dangerous, etc.  almost all season and he just gets blown up quickly and easily.  Then we meet new villain Simon who doesn't appear all that dangerous but we are supposed to believe he is and that he did everything they pinned on Michael?  First of all for that to work it would mean that Simon was always in the same country as Michael because the burn notice would make no sense if he was known to be in Afghanistan by the CIA but it was claimed he blew up a bus in Belfast.  So it would seem unlikely that their travel plans matched up that well.  Then it assumes the CIA wasn't really watching Michael during his time.  Otherwise they would know he didn't do "X" activity.  I know he was undercover and all but it seems odd that they wouldn't have better info on him.   I figured the burn notice was some document trail like they tried to pin on that one guy FBI guy Michael eventually helped in the bank robbery episode.  Even the Wiki on Burn Notice says "Putting the pieces together, Michael realizes that this shadowy company falsified records that painted him as both corrupt and unreliable, forcing the government to burn him."  That is a far cry from mass bomber/murderer which is what Simon seemed to indicate. 

And the big end was kind of cool and yet kind of weak.  We assume he is now working for "management" but other than that it was kind of a reset to exactly where we were last season.  Well I guess his mom is more freaked out. 

Still a great, great show!  When does season 4 start?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 07:19:37 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on March 10, 2010, 07:04:41 PM

First of all for that to work it would mean that Simon was always in the same country as Michael because the burn notice would make no sense if he was known to be in Afghanistan by the CIA but it was claimed he blew up a bus in Belfast.  So it would seem unlikely that their travel plans matched up that well.  Then it assumes the CIA wasn't really watching Michael during his time.  Otherwise they would know he didn't do "X" activity.  I know he was undercover and all but it seems odd that they wouldn't have better info on him.

AFAIK, Michael was always Black Ops- ie not an acknowledged member of the CIA and he had no official status.  Almost all of his movements would probably have been under various aliases and there probably isn't necessarily one clear document of his travel history.  I read an interview with Matt Nix (show creator) about this last week and he likened it to Carlos the Jackal who ended up getting credited with far more jobs than he actually did by virtue of his reputation. 

As to the actual relationship between the CIA and Management, I don't think they've got into that yet and I believe that is something that will be dealt with in the fourth season. 
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 07:35:08 PM »

It probably is being made up on the go since the show is popular.  I don't think many people plan out a story arc like the did for Bablyon 5 so I doubt anything we learned about Michael in season 1 will suddenly make more sense in season 4 or things like that but they are making "management" into quite the powerhouse.  To be able to get Michael away from other FBI agents that quickly would require a fair bit of clout so they must be very, very well connected. 

I just hope they can keep the stories fresh.  Already this season I started getting a bit tired of the kidnapping theme and the kids in peril thing.  I imagine it is hard to think of fresh near death scenarios week after week but that is why I am not a writer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: