http://gamingtrend.com
September 16, 2014, 01:58:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you like your produce?
On Top
On Bottom
Plain

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Burgers Part Deux  (Read 324 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2013, 10:23:30 PM »

A debate happens at least once a month with my friends on how a burger should be built.  He worked at Burger King and insists the produce should be on top.  I worked at Carl's Jr and the produce was always on the bottom

He claims why would anyone want to eat a soggy hamburger

I think a hamburger needs a foundation.  And the first thing you taste shouldn't be lettuce/tomato/onion.  I don't want a wobbly burger that tastes like a garden burger.  I want to be able to taste the meat and cheese at first bite.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 10:26:28 PM by naednek » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 10:36:48 PM »

Don't think it matters, first taste will be bun regardless. A fresh burger with toasted buns won't be soggy either way. Still, they're called toppings for a reason.

If this is a fast food argument, Carl's Jr any day of the week over BK. Bk would probably be good if they made anything fresh and didn't use microwaves.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 12:22:45 AM »

Produce on the bottom is correct.   Truthiness!  The only exception is if you decide to have pickles, which would go on top.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 12:57:39 AM »

Quote from: naednek on July 17, 2013, 10:23:30 PM

I think a hamburger needs a foundation.  And the first thing you taste shouldn't be lettuce/tomato/onion.  I don't want a wobbly burger that tastes like a garden burger.  I want to be able to taste the meat and cheese at first bite.
As lee mentioned, bun would be first, however, skipping that, "toppings" on bottom would mean you would taste the "toppings" first anyway! Think about it.... You take a straight bite, you tongue is underneath, so whatever is on the bottom would hit it first....
and the only topping I get is cheese, bacon, and ketchup.. sometimes mayo.. I didn't order a salad... plus I can't stand warm lettuce... bleh...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 01:03:20 AM »

why not get two slabs of burger and put the toppings in the center?  I always go for at least a double, and never really considered where the toppings were located but having the vegetables in the center probably would lessen the bun from getting soggy from anything other than grease.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 01:07:19 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on July 18, 2013, 12:57:39 AM

Quote from: naednek on July 17, 2013, 10:23:30 PM

As lee mentioned, bun would be first, however, skipping that, "toppings" on bottom would mean you would taste the "toppings" first anyway! Think about it.... You take a straight bite, you tongue is underneath, so whatever is on the bottom would hit it first....
and the only topping I get is cheese, bacon, and ketchup.. sometimes mayo.. I didn't order a salad... plus I can't stand warm lettuce... bleh...

How so? The bun hits your tongue and you taste that, everything else is being mashed as you chew. It's not as simple as the next layer up hits your taste buds. I really don't think it matters. Proportions matter, not where it's at.
zinckiwi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »

Yes, proportions. I hate the recent trend of boutique burger places making patties an inch thick so that every mouthful is a bit of bread, a wisp of lettuce, and a giant meatball-worth of ground beef. Everything in balance, please.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 01:24:45 PM »

On top!
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 04:55:34 PM »

A slice of cheese on each side of the meat helps to glue everything in place. I put the red onion on the bottom, where it won't slide around as much, and the tomato and condiments on the top (for no particular reason).

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Reemul

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 10:52:45 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on July 18, 2013, 04:55:34 PM

A slice of cheese on each side of the meat helps to glue everything in place. I put the red onion on the bottom, where it won't slide around as much, and the tomato and condiments on the top (for no particular reason).

A slice of cheese spoils the taste, cheese on toast not on meat. Even worse if its that cheap crappy cheese.

Another must is a toasted bun nothing worse than a soggy bun.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: