http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 09:04:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Buell- anyone own one or have an opinion?  (Read 1175 times)
walTer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 11:42:38 PM »

Having recently acquired my motorcycle license I feel the need and pull to buy a bike.

I am new so a big bike is not really for me just yet...and the one I have now is way too small-only good for in town commuting.

Anyway I found a great deal on an 04 Buell Blast...its a 500cc and a good size for me to get the hang of more long distance riding, highway and freeway driving without being too big.

Anyway people seem very polarized on the bike-- oh it's a piece of crap because Harley makes the engine... get ready to break down to yeah sweet bikes now, last few years they completely redid the bike and it rocks now.

Everyone here at work rides Harleys and sadly I just can't afford one... so cheaper it is but oddly I know noone that owns a Buell...maybe there is a reason. So I thought I would ask if anyone here has an opinion.
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 04:20:25 PM »

Sorry I don't own one, but I'm spent a fair amount of time drooling over the Firebolt.  However I've heard that since they are so light weight that they are extremely powerful and fast.  If you google around you should be able to find some Buell owner forums and get a gauge of what problems people are dealing with in the real world.  Currently I'm looking at a Ducati Monster 800.
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 04:31:18 PM »

lol, yeah quick and fast... but they might be a bit underpowered... eh- first bike, good price- 500 under list, brand new.. and 99 bucks a month financed- hard to turn down.

Ducati Monster...mmmm- expensive to fix but I think everyone drools over those smile
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 05:27:11 PM »

The Blast will not be 'over-powered'

It's an excellent beginner's bike IMO and is pretty cheap. It will also keep you safe around your Harley 'buddies'  :wink:

I have a Suzuki Marauder right now that is a great choice for around $5500, but the Harley people may give you some crap over it.

Buy the Buell knowing that you may only keep it for a year or two at most.

You might find a forum on the bike over at 'delphiforums'

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 07:17:28 PM »

The older ones had some problems I believe. Heres one story.
http://www.concretecountry.com/  I think the newer ones are ok though.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 05:06:13 AM »

Post your question at http://www.beginnerbikes.com/ They'll be able to answer it there.  There're quite a few Buell riders there on the board.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: