http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 02:17:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSG Exodus 2-potential spoilers..  (Read 1087 times)
Punisher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:42:25 PM »

I'm surprised that noone has posted about this past Friday's BSG. Are people still watching it?

It had some really awesome moments and some really fudged up moments, such as...

Spoiler for Hiden:
The Galatica's awesome planetary jump and deployment.
Saul's Hard ass decision.
Kara's child story arc ending...(This really caught me by surprise)

I think this was one of the best BSG episodes ever, even though there were some weird choices made as well, such as...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Why weren't the the child and the caretaker guarded much better or why didn't they just go with Rosilan(sp)?
Having the Pegasus come in was obvious, but IIRC, the Pegasus was the better ship, condition wise. It didn't make sense to sacrifice it, not to mention when it came in it was kicking ass then it just went blah.
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 05:11:24 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 23, 2006, 04:42:25 PM

I'm surprised that noone has posted about this past Friday's BSG. Are people still watching it?

It had some really awesome moments and some really fudged up moments, such as...

Spoiler for Hiden:
The Galatica's awesome planetary jump and deployment.
Saul's Hard ass decision.
Kara's child story arc ending...(This really caught me by surprise)

I think this was one of the best BSG episodes ever, even though there were some weird choices made as well, such as...

Spoiler for Hiden:
Why weren't the the child and the caretaker guarded much better or why didn't they just go with Rosilan(sp)?
Having the Pegasus come in was obvious, but IIRC, the Pegasus was the better ship, condition wise. It didn't make sense to sacrifice it, not to mention when it came in it was kicking ass then it just went blah.

I was kind of waiting for someone else to post first, but yes, I watched it, and thought it was the best episode ever, even better than 33 and Resurrection Ship, my two previous favorites.

To comment on your second spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Mara and Hera were guarded by 3 guards, but as you saw when they found the child, all were did around them.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Yes, the Pegasus was a better ship, MUCH better in fact, however, you have to remember, Adm. Adama made the decision to go back to the planet, and he took HIS ship. Lee was charged with protecting the remnants of humanity, with his ship, but in the end, Lee couldn't just let all those people, family and friends, die in what basically amounted to a one way trip. I thought it was handled well, very well in fact, though I admit it was kind of hard to watch the Pegasus get ripped to shreds like that.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:11:50 PM »

Yea, I'm TOTALLY hooked to this season.  It is pretty dark and I love it!  I didn't see..

Spoiler for Hiden:
Kasey belonging to somebody else
coming at all....

As for the Galactica -

Spoiler for Hiden:
I had JUST mentioned to my wife "I wonder if the Galactica is capable of entering atmo?  Wouldn't it be cool if they hot-dropped into range and then tossed vipers everywhere?"  It was awesome!

I couldn't believe that Saul had the stones to kill his wife.  She had always been in full control of him, leash in hand, but it looks like this was the last straw. 

This show really gets you thinking.  Wouldn't it be bizzarre if Baltar was a Cylon too?  It isn't outside the realm of possibility.  I was thinking "If they let him die on the planet or if Gaeda kills him, are we going to see him again very shortly?" 

When you look the big picture, they are almost back where they started.  They've lost their second battlestar and they are once again on the run.  They are still short on personnel, still accusing eachother, and still in danger of extinction.  Will we see the return of the 36 minute countdown clock?  I can't wait!

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 05:12:28 PM »

Still watching; and it was FANTASTIC to see something good happen for the first time in a while...  EDIT: I mean something 'positive' happening to them, the stories have been 'good' all along.

Spoiler for Hiden:
LOVED the Galactica's deployment -- almost thought for a minute there that the Galactica would be toast.
Very glad that Starbuck's daughter isnt' so much hers...  It bugged me that her child was about 3 or 4, when her ovaries were taken about a year ago?
And yeah, I didn't get why Hera and her adoptive mother didn't just stick with the former President either...

I was speculating with a friend this weekend -- I will be shocked yet not surprised at all if Starbuck or either Adama turns out to be a Cylon.  Not sure that Baltar is actually a Cylon -- it makes his story more interesting to me as a human who just ended up betraying humanity.

Yeah, glad I started renting season one back in September and caught up!!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 05:17:01 PM by JLu » Logged

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:07:07 PM »

Best show on TV.

Boomer continues to be hot.

Man they pulled some stuff off on this ep that was just frigging amazing...all previously discussed here but I was just in awe when it ended.  Definintely on an even keel with 33 as the best ep to date.

Kyra, Saul, Hera... phew.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 06:54:26 PM »

I watched it... I loved it.

The Galactica did get to replenish their viper stock in a way too...  well, you know... looking on the bright side of things.   icon_neutral

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 07:15:16 PM »

/still has never seen one episode of the new BSG

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 07:29:50 PM »

I thought it was a fantastic episode.  Galactica falling from the sky was one sweet moment.

I had thought something was up with Kasey not being Starbucks.  You would think if she really was Starbuck and Leoben's child, the Cylons wouldn't need Hera.  The one thing that bugged me about that storyline was how easy Starbuck seemed to believe Leoben.  Maybe she wanted to believe she had a child?

And poor Saul.  I felt so sad for him at the end of the episode.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 07:34:03 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 23, 2006, 07:15:16 PM

Dumbass.  I'm just sayin'....

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 07:37:38 PM »

I was able to see the same thing at the start of September.  At the very least, I'd recommend renting the miniseries, and if that doesn't hook you, well...

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:07 PM »

I actually just yanked the mini-series out of my Netflix queue. Too many other things I'm far more interested in than BSG right now. Once the queue gets a little smaller, I'll throw the mini-series and seasons one and two in then burn through them. But that's probably not going to happen until well into next year. :slywink:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 08:07:37 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on October 23, 2006, 07:34:03 PM

Dumbass.  I'm just sayin'....

Quoted for Truth, Justice and the American Way!
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 08:50:53 PM »

I love this show like no other. If they cancel it because of the mysterious drop in ratings, I will go on a rampage, and rip off some grass from the backyard, or something.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 10:30:36 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on October 23, 2006, 08:07:07 PM

I actually just yanked the mini-series out of my Netflix queue. Too many other things I'm far more interested in than BSG right now. Once the queue gets a little smaller, I'll throw the mini-series and seasons one and two in then burn through them. But that's probably not going to happen until well into next year. :slywink:
What!?!  eek  You need to move them up to the top, not yank them out!  Hearing that makes me cry.  crybaby

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 10:35:28 PM »

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 01:37:58 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 23, 2006, 05:12:28 PM

Still watching; and it was FANTASTIC to see something good happen for the first time in a while...  EDIT: I mean something 'positive' happening to them, the stories have been 'good' all along.

Spoiler for Hiden:
LOVED the Galactica's deployment -- almost thought for a minute there that the Galactica would be toast.
Very glad that Starbuck's daughter isnt' so much hers...  It bugged me that her child was about 3 or 4, when her ovaries were taken about a year ago?
And yeah, I didn't get why Hera and her adoptive mother didn't just stick with the former President either...

I was speculating with a friend this weekend -- I will be shocked yet not surprised at all if Starbuck or either Adama turns out to be a Cylon.  Not sure that Baltar is actually a Cylon -- it makes his story more interesting to me as a human who just ended up betraying humanity.

Yeah, glad I started renting season one back in September and caught up!!

It would be impossible for either Adama to be a Cylon. Bill fought in the first war against them and thus predates human looking Cylons. Not to mention he had 2 sons. He's no Cylon, thats a certainty. I think the only possible Cylons are Dualla, Jammer, and perhaps Baltar, though that even appears unlikely.

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 01:59:23 PM »

Any chance the new CAG (the bitch I can't stand) is a cylon?  That would be great.  I would like to see Starbuck and Boomer take turns kicking the living snot out of her for a full hour.  That would be a great episode.

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 02:07:10 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 24, 2006, 01:59:23 PM

Any chance the new CAG (the bitch I can't stand) is a cylon?  That would be great.  I would like to see Starbuck and Boomer take turns kicking the living snot out of her for a full hour.  That would be a great episode.

Kat? Nah, I doubt it. I think its going to be difficult for them to introduce many more new models. It would get to the point where they would start to kind of replay the paranoia and suspicion they had earlier in the show, and I doubt they will want to go back down that road. If I put money on it, I bet they introduce one more model and then stop from there.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:51 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 24, 2006, 02:07:10 PM

Kat? Nah, I doubt it. I think its going to be difficult for them to introduce many more new models. It would get to the point where they would start to kind of replay the paranoia and suspicion they had earlier in the show, and I doubt they will want to go back down that road. If I put money on it, I bet they introduce one more model and then stop from there.

There are 12 models, right (though of course they could create new ones any given time)...  Last I had counted, I think there were 7 or 8 that we know?  So room for a few more anyhow...

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 24, 2006, 02:09:51 PM

Quote from: jblank on October 24, 2006, 02:07:10 PM

There are 12 models, right (though of course they could create new ones any given time)...  Last I had counted, I think there were 7 or 8 that we know?  So room for a few more anyhow...

Room? Yes, but speculation is that some models were "boxed" meaning they are no longer active. If Moore and Eick were to take 4 or 5 more models out of the main cast, and make them Cylons, I think it would take away from the show. Odds are they made some "mistakes" and those models are likely not active. Remember in Downloaded, they almost made Sharon's model inactive when Deanna Biers talks about boxing her model completely. Odds are its been done before.

JLu

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 02:28:24 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 24, 2006, 02:24:48 PM

Room? Yes, but speculation is that some models were "boxed" meaning they are no longer active. If Moore and Eick were to take 4 or 5 more models out of the main cast, and make them Cylons, I think it would take away from the show. Odds are they made some "mistakes" and those models are likely not active. Remember in Downloaded, they almost made Sharon's model inactive when Deanna Biers talks about boxing her model completely. Odds are its been done before.

I took that to mean that particular Sharon unit of that model, versus the entire line.  Lucy Lawless was saying something about 'she insists on calling herself Sharon' around that same time?  But that was also probably one episode of four I saw in one evening, so heck I could be way mistaken...

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 02:33:33 PM »

Quote from: JLu on October 24, 2006, 02:28:24 PM

I took that to mean that particular Sharon unit of that model, versus the entire line.  Lucy Lawless was saying something about 'she insists on calling herself Sharon' around that same time?  But that was also probably one episode of four I saw in one evening, so heck I could be way mistaken...

I can check tonight, but I am pretty sure she says something like "there is even talk of boxing her model". I assumed, and maybe I am wrong, that means the MODEL not the individual, especially since memories and thoughts are shared and the potential for "trouble" would be greater, from a dissatisfied Cylon poisoning the mind of the rest of her model.

EDIT - Found a defintion on TV IV of boxing

"Boxing" a Cylon is essentially a euphemism for permanent death, being defined as uploading one's consciousness onto "cold storage".

I assume since for all intents and purposes its a shared consciousness, that boxing one INDIVIDUAL model, would thus mentally at least, box them all. It could be that the physical side of the model remains active, so its plausible that what you said was correct.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 02:39:27 PM by jblank » Logged

Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 02:44:08 PM »

Speaking of HOT... I mean Boomer...

What do you think her reaction is going to be when (if) she finds out the truth of her baby?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not to mention the fact that not only was she lied to, but now her baby is in the hands of the cylons?  If she ever finds this out, I bet she is going to go apeshit!  Hmmm.... that could make a great episode actually.... Apollo, Starbuck, Helo, and Boomer go to rescue her child from that meanie Zena.

LD

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »

Quote from: Lockdown on October 24, 2006, 02:44:08 PM

Speaking of HOT... I mean Boomer...

What do you think her reaction is going to be when (if) she finds out the truth of her baby?

Spoiler for Hiden:
Not to mention the fact that not only was she lied to, but now her baby is in the hands of the cylons?  If she ever finds this out, I bet she is going to go apeshit!  Hmmm.... that could make a great episode actually.... Apollo, Starbuck, Helo, and Boomer go to rescue her child from that meanie Zena.

Odds are the status of Hera will be EXTREMELY hush hush and it wouldn't surprise me if only Tory and President Roslin ever know the truth. I would imagine should wouldn't even tell Bill.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »

Quote from: jblank on October 24, 2006, 02:33:33 PM

I can check tonight, but I am pretty sure she says something like "there is even talk of boxing her model". I assumed, and maybe I am wrong, that means the MODEL not the individual, especially since memories and thoughts are shared and the potential for "trouble" would be greater, from a dissatisfied Cylon poisoning the mind of the rest of her model.

"Boxing" a Cylon is essentially a euphemism for permanent death, being defined as uploading one's consciousness onto "cold storage".

I assume since for all intents and purposes its a shared consciousness, that boxing one INDIVIDUAL model, would thus mentally at least, box them all. It could be that the physical side of the model remains active, so its plausible that what you said was correct.

I think what they mean is that they will box that specific Sharon's consciousness to keep the information from entering the datalinks, and thus her personality quirks.  It may also imply a situation where that specific model of Cylon will not be resurrected if killed.  I don't think it means the whole model would be retired.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on October 24, 2006, 03:08:46 PM

Quote from: jblank on October 24, 2006, 02:33:33 PM

I think what they mean is that they will box that specific Sharon's consciousness to keep the information from entering the datalinks, and thus her personality quirks.  It may also imply a situation where that specific model of Cylon will not be resurrected if killed.  I don't think it means the whole model would be retired.

That certainly is a possibility after reading the definition.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: