http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 10:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BSG: Caprica and The Plan  (Read 1040 times)
KC
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 25, 2009, 12:58:29 AM »

So I finished the series last week and overall really liked it.  I've now rented Caprica and The Plan from Netlfix and can some up my review for both of them with one word: garbage. 

What were they thinking?  thumbsdown

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 01:16:20 AM »

I found The Plan to be pretty disappointing overall. Some nice moments, but that's basically it.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 03:59:03 AM »

The Plan was an interesting concept that I don't think help up for the whole movie. I liked the beginning but it dragged towards the end. I disagree about Caprica. I liked the pilot and will definitely watch when the series starts. BSG fans have to realize while this may be in the same universe as BSG but its not a straight sequel like Stargate Atlantis was to SG1. BSG was its own thing and I want Caprica to go a diffrent path.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:23:58 AM »

Watched Caprica (the movie) last night. I liked the "origins" story -- so that's how the Cylons became monotheists and went about about developing human-like bodies. Clever! All in all, I found it overstuffed and scattered, but I know they were setting up story arcs for the series to follow.

Although I enjoyed spending 90 minutes in the BSG universe again, it didn't leave me with any great desire to watch the TV show. Maybe I'll get around to renting it on DVD someday, but it's hardly at the top of my list.

I'm curious if Caprica (the series) has any fans here.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 12:29:32 AM »

I've been watching it. It started off slow but I think it has potential. They clearly don't have the budget of BSG. I'm not sure if my interest is because I like the show. Or that there just isn't very much Sci Fi on TV these days and I'll watch anything.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 12:47:01 AM »

I've been watching it, but when I watched the last episode I barely paid attention until my DVR said it was done playing.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 04:56:08 AM »

i actually just got caught up over the weekend after buying the movie on DVD months ago...been recording the episodes but didn't watch until now.  i think it's definitely an interesting premise, but the execution hasn't been great so far (probably due is some part to a limited budget).  even though we're one movie and three episodes in already, it still doesn't seem like a lot has happened.  i'll keep watching for now though...the ideas are interesting enough that i'm curious to see how it all plays out...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 12:48:49 AM by disarm » Logged

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:40 AM »

It sound like Caprica is more "OK if you like that sort of thing" than "ZOMG classic for the ages".

I like that sort of thing, but there are already nearly 300 disks in my netflix queue.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 07:19:53 AM »

I think Caprica is awesome so far, but then again, I'm majorly into everything in this BSG universe.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »

After falling in love with BSG and essentially marathoning all but the last half of season four in one month(!) I have to say Caprica is boring me to tears.

We're four episodes in and it just feels like absolutely nothing has happened.

I'm still watching in the hopes that they'll some how flip a switch and make it awesome, but if it keeps going like this I'll probably give up on it before they even finish the season.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »

I'm watching Caprica, though I haven't gotten around to seeing last week's episode yet.  I like the look and feel of the show, sort of a combo of retro styling with some futuretoys thrown in.  It is moving a little slowly at times, but I'm enjoying it so far.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 12:03:28 AM »

Caprica recently started back up again, and so far the second half of the first season is turning out to be pretty good.  they're supposed to decide the fate of the series by November 11th, hopefully it gets picked up for a second season.

Because I can,
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 08:52:41 PM »

I'm still watching and enjoying it, though I do think the story has been moving rather slowly.  It looks like things are about to amp up a bit, though...

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 11:15:37 PM »

thumbsup

I like Caprica.  It doesn't seem to make all that much sense in the BSG world but man all the girls are hot, all the men like to kill each other and everyone is an backstabbing a-hole.

Good fun!
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »

Quote from: walTer on October 25, 2010, 11:15:37 PM

thumbsup

I like Caprica.  It doesn't seem to make all that much sense in the BSG world but man all the girls are hot, all the men like to kill each other and everyone is an backstabbing a-hole.

Good fun!

x2. Zoe (Alessandra Torresani) is hot. Her legs = win.

(Yes I'm a butt/legs man).
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »

Caprica has been cancelled mad

The cable network said today that it will be pulling the show off the schedule effective immediately. The final five episodes of the sci-fi saga will air in the first quarter of 2011 and will mark the end of the series' one-season run. "We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series," said Mark Stern, Syfy's EVP of original programming. "Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, 'Caprica' has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season."

according to the SyFy twitter, the remaining first-run episodes will be pulled from the schedule effective November 2...won't even be giving fans the chance to finish out the first season without yet another extended break.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2010, 12:20:25 AM »

Quote from: disarm on October 28, 2010, 12:18:50 AM

Caprica has been cancelled mad

The cable network said today that it will be pulling the show off the schedule effective immediately. The final five episodes of the sci-fi saga will air in the first quarter of 2011 and will mark the end of the series' one-season run. "We appreciate all the support that fans have shown for Caprica and are very proud of the producers, cast, writers and the rest of the amazing team that has been committed to this fine series," said Mark Stern, Syfy's EVP of original programming. "Unfortunately, despite its obvious quality, 'Caprica' has not been able to build the audience necessary to justify a second season."

according to the SyFy twitter, the remaining first-run episodes will be pulled from the schedule effective November 2...won't even be giving fans the chance to finish out the first season without yet another extended break.

oh well.

* Ceekay goes to clean of unwatched episodes off the DVR.

I kinda need the space anyways, this and about 4 other shows are getting relegated to 'wait for DVD' status since I don't have enough time to watch them all.

Because I can,
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2010, 12:44:33 AM »

I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Freezer-TPF-

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2010, 03:57:17 PM »

Ah well, too bad.  That frees up more viewing time for me to finish the previous season of Doctor Who.  thumbsup

walTer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 04:11:33 PM »

The show ended last season very well.  When it was over I was really excited about the new season and it really has been a disappointment this season...basically nothing has happened and it has gotten bogged down in soap-opera details and forgotten where the coolness of the show was.

I am disappointed that they are pulling it but not totally surprised.  Too bad, because I really liked the show and it had huge potential.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 04:23:23 PM »

Quote from: walTer on October 28, 2010, 04:11:33 PM

The show ended last season very well.  When it was over I was really excited about the new season and it really has been a disappointment this season...basically nothing has happened and it has gotten bogged down in soap-opera details and forgotten where the coolness of the show was.

I am disappointed that they are pulling it but not totally surprised.  Too bad, because I really liked the show and it had huge potential.

actually it's still season one.  they split it up- first half ended in March and didn't start up again until October.  6 month breaks in a season tend to kill off viewership....

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 08:04:28 PM »

As soon as I heard they were doing a new space combat based BSG with a young Adama I figured Caprica's end was near.  Im thinking that people didnt really want a soap opera with a scifi backdrop, as the ratings were bad, even for a SyFy show.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 11:54:07 PM »

Major disappointment, as 24, Spartacus, and Caprica (and of course BSG) were the only shows I really watched. Now they're all gone.. and I definitely didn't see Caprica being cancelled so fast.

Looks like they're at least trying to put up a fight though.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/caprica-apples/

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: