http://gamingtrend.com
September 01, 2014, 12:22:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bruce Lee Beating People Up (Video)  (Read 682 times)
Eel Snave
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2008, 03:50:47 PM »

I just found this again after a while, and I absolutely love this video.  Bruce Lee ruled.

Bruce Lee Hurting People With Nunchuks
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 08:30:05 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on April 12, 2008, 03:50:47 PM

I just found this again after a while, and I absolutely love this video.  Bruce Lee ruled.

Bruce Lee Hurting People With Nunchuks
He was, by far, one of the best people I've seen with nunchaku.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 08:33:58 PM »

I have fond memories from my childhood of a friend's little brother trying desperately to be "cool" with those things.  Everytime we were over at this friend's house, his brother would inevitably appear with his nunchuks or whatever they're called and begin trying to impress us with his masterful skills.  This always ended with him bashing himself repeatedly in the head, back and shoulders before limping off to his room in anger. 

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »

I've always been fascinated with the entire Bruce Less mythos. He somehow was elevated to the one true god of martial arts, when there are probably numerous people just as skilled. A couple movies and an unfortunate death really pushed him into the stratosphere.

I've don't really think of him as the "best martial artist ever", but rather as a man who had the courage to bring the art stateside to the general public when is was taboo to do so.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 08:44:42 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 08:43:32 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 12, 2008, 08:35:20 PM

I've always been fascinated with the entire Bruce Less mythos. He somehow was elevated to the one true god of martial arts, when there are probably numerous people just as skilled. A couple movies and an unfortunate death really pushed him into the stratosphere.

my plan is to make one half ass movie then get myself killed while running with scissors.  i'll be immortal!

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:01 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 12, 2008, 08:43:32 PM

my plan is to make one half ass movie then get myself killed while running with scissors.  i'll be immortal!

Well....first you need to learn how to use nunchuks for something other than tenderizing your sirloin steaks...

I've also seen you throw them at small children and puppies, but that doesn't count either.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 08:47:55 PM »

Quote from: Dante Rising on April 12, 2008, 08:47:01 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 12, 2008, 08:43:32 PM

Well....first you need to learn how to use nunchuks for something other than tenderizing your sirloin steaks...

wait...was that a euphemism!?!

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 09:25:51 PM »

He was the first big martial arts showman.  And he was pretty skilled too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: