http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 05:45:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Are british people great?  (Voting closed: November 24, 2005, 01:39:12 PM)
Yes - 6 (27.3%)
NO - 16 (72.7%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Britsh people  (Read 1247 times)
Axel Rose
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »

I'm british, and better than you yanks (no offence). What do you think of british people?

''Death to false metal!''
Gromit
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 03:35:37 PM »

I'm stuck in the armpit that is East Anglia.

The Brits are hardly better.  Six more months in this pseudo-third world country, and I'm gone.  

:roll:
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 03:44:50 PM »

I can trace my ancestors hundreds of years and most go to England with a little Scot and Irish thrown in and one guy from Holland.Don't know what happened there. :wink:

Ye Olde Farte
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 03:47:39 PM »

Yes.

I find British people to be nothing short of marvelous.

Allow me to point out your standard-bearer:

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Arowyn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 03:51:47 PM »

Quote from: "Gromit"
I'm stuck in the armpit that is East Anglia.

The Brits are hardly better.  Six more months in this pseudo-third world country, and I'm gone.  

:roll:

QFT

I was there a few (quite a few, actually) years ago.  After being there a couple months, I took the opportunity of the first nice day to explore the neighborhood.  A matronly woman called to me from her garden and I went to say hello. Upon introducing myself, she said, "Oh, a Yank.  Well I should tell you that we find you all a bit too chummy for our liking.  I'd advise you not to visit without an invitation."  Trust me, I didn't.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 04:35:47 PM »

Some are.  Some aren't.  Just like people the world over.

Generally speaking, the people that flaunt their "superiority," whether real or imagined, aren't great.  The down to earth people, are.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 04:40:12 PM »

Considering we opened a big can of whoop-ass on you twice, I'd say no.  :twisted:

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 07:07:20 PM »

Didn't this Axel Rose guy post  a long time ago and get banned? Was it a slightly different log-in?

Anyways. I have been to Britain many many times-Scotland and England primarily, and one jaunt through part of Wales. I am very very fond of British people for themost part. My experience doesn't match the other persons at all-almost every Brit I have met overseas has been nothing but friendly. Sure, there are jerks everywhere but if I had to say which group I thought was better natured, it would be them. It probably doesn't help that I am a bit of an Anglophile though  :  :wink:
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 10:08:29 PM »

Are you are talking about the English, or is it all people on the island of Great Britain?

If it is the former then I feel the Scots are better.  You might have a leg up on the Welsh.  On this I am still undecided.

Too bad about the whole empire thing. :wink:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 11:32:29 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Considering we opened a big can of whoop-ass on you twice, I'd say no.  :twisted:

If I'm not mistaken, I believe your whitehouse was erm, how do you say, burned-to-de-ground-dagnabit ... from the Canadians. Yep. Under british rule. I'd say that the US may have "won" their independance, or the British saw it as lost cause. Fighting in your own yard to keep what's yours ain't opening a can of whoopass, it's defending your life. Kudos to you, but it doesn't constitute a domination over the brits because of it.

Jessica Alba, on the other hand, DOES.  :twisted:

As to brits being better than others, I don't think so. The air of superiority has been deflated for quite some time. Maybe if you go back to fighting the French you can feel better about yourself.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2005, 05:15:58 AM »

I'm british, and better than you yanks (no offence). What do you think of british people?

I love all but one of them, apparently -  and, unless you mean "not on a fence" - maybe you should check your spelling next time... :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
warning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 05:32:30 AM »

Quote from: "Calvin"
Didn't this Axel Rose guy post  a long time ago and get banned? Was it a slightly different log-in?

Don't think so. If you find something different please let me know.

We don't automatically ban the British.  They're stuck on an island so we expect some bizarre behavior.   biggrin
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 06:07:11 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"

I love all but one of them, apparently -  and, unless you mean "not on a fence" - maybe you should check your spelling next time... :roll:

The British, in addition to their funny accent, also spell things wrong all the time.  They tend to add the letters "u" when it isn't necessary (see: colour, armour) and completely discount the letter "z" (analyse, memorise).  Let's not even get started on their selective dyslexia (centre, theatre).  And despite going to college, where I learned a few things, I never learnt a thing.  It all makes for an interesting dialogue, er, dialog.  Blimey!

Oh yeah, I laugh whenever I hear a Brit say "aluminum." :lol:  Granted, theirs sounds more high tech...

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2005, 09:19:09 AM »

Quote from: "stiffler"

The British, in addition to their funny accent, also spell things wrong all the time.  

Then I guess it's not surprising "British" is misspelled in the thread topic.   :oops:

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
warning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 03:15:23 PM »

Quote from: "Nth Power"
Quote from: "stiffler"

The British, in addition to their funny accent, also spell things wrong all the time.  

Then I guess it's not surprising "British" is misspelled in the thread topic.   :oops:

That's great.  I didn't even see that.

Bravo chap!
Axel Rose
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 01:44:39 PM »

Anyways. I have been to Britain many many times-Scotland and England primarily, and one jaunt through part of Wales. I am very very fond of British people for themost part. My experience doesn't match the other persons at all-almost every Brit I have met overseas has been nothing but friendly. Sure, there are jerks everywhere but if I had to say which group I thought was better natured, it would be them. It probably doesn't help that I am a bit of an Anglophile though  :  :wink:

NO! I'm a newbie! I'm named after the lead singer of guns n roses 'Axl Rose', so he probaly got banned. oh and by the way british people are some of the wisest, kindest and vituest people on the planet. Peace out.

''Death to false metal!''
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 04:57:44 PM »

all I know is, Canada>Britan smile

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 08:28:06 PM »

Quote from: "Axel Rose"

NO! I'm a newbie! I'm named after the lead singer of guns n roses 'Axl Rose', so he probaly got banned. oh and by the way british people are some of the wisest, kindest and vituest people on the planet. Peace out.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on who Axl Rose is/was.  :wink:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: