http://gamingtrend.com
December 18, 2014, 03:28:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking bad as good/bad as usual!  (Read 10299 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:41 AM »

the premiere did great ratings wise:

It will be a monster last hurrah for AMC’s Breaking Bad, which opened its final eight-episode run last night with 5.9 million viewers, a series high that doubled the drama’s season five premiere last summer. Last night’s opener delivered 3.3 million adults 25-54 and 3.6 million adults 18-49, second only to AMC’s mega-hit The Walking Dead in 18-49 across all cable.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2013, 05:55:02 AM »

Fucking genius. That's all I have to say about this last episode and this show in general.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2013, 04:55:07 AM »

More mumbling when he's laying on the bathroom floor, otherwise a good episode.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
Re:
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2013, 07:07:38 AM »

All caught up on the show.   Had to sit through the commercials on comcast streaming and today was the last day for episode 510

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2013, 05:27:24 PM »

I've enjoyed the last two episodes but generally find season five to be far less compelling than the first 4 seasons. Part of me still thinks they should have jut quit after season four as its ending was fantastic and would have been fine as a series finale.

I am still excited to see how they end the series.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2013, 06:11:53 PM »

I think ending after 509 would have been more fitting, but neither would have been great as they still leave too much to imagination. 

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: August 25, 2013, 06:18:09 AM »

Just got caught up tonight. We watched 4.5 seasons in 6 months, so suddenly going to one per week -- with commercials -- is hard to take.

I agree that they could've ended it with S4 and gone with the happy ending (is everybody else rooting for Walt?). S5 started out too much like a soap opera. But the ultimate showdown between Hank and Walt was baked in from the beginning, and we have to see which megalomaniac prevails.

I'm rooting for Walt.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 26, 2013, 03:03:28 AM »

3 words.....

Whole. Leaf. Uck
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 26, 2013, 03:30:11 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on August 25, 2013, 06:18:09 AM

I'm rooting for Walt.

No way. Murderous psychopath who's gone way, way too far. He needs to die.

The only characters I have much respect left for are Jesse and Saul. And maybe the baby.

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: August 26, 2013, 03:44:33 AM »

My God. Walt is an awful human being. Rotten all the way through.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 26, 2013, 03:48:54 AM »

What are the chances that Walt was in New Hampshire because he joined the witness protection program after testifying against Hank?  icon_eek

And it's looking more and more like that massive gun (rocket launcher?) that Walt has is meant for Todd and the Nazis (good band name!).
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 26, 2013, 04:02:09 AM »

How do you have respect for Saul?  He's fun to watch, but he's as bad as they come. He suggested murdering a cop!

I'm still fuzzy on the whole ricin thing. I can't remember how all that went down. Jesse was going to use ricin to murder Gus, but didn't. Then later on Brock got sick and Jesse thought Walt poisoned him with ricin to get him away from Jesse or something, but the lab showed it wasn't ricin but some other plant which Walt happened to have. So Walt did try to kill the kid, but Jesse didn't know that. So what does Jesse think happened with the cigarette?  It's obviously pretty important, so I want to make sure I remember the details. Somebody fill me in, please.

Walt has completely turned Skylar over to the dark side. She's gone from being someone sucked in to just another bad person. I don't know that I'd call her evil like Walt, but coming up with a plan to put Hank in prison is toeing the line.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 26, 2013, 04:05:42 AM »

Quote from: McNutt on August 26, 2013, 04:02:09 AM

How do you have respect for Saul?  He's fun to watch, but he's as bad as they come. He suggested murdering a cop!

true, but the way he suggested it was priceless.  You have to keep him alive because he's funny, and:

Spoiler for about Saul:
they were talking about giving him a spin-off show.  it would kinda kill any suspense if they had to make it a prequel.

Because I can,
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: August 26, 2013, 04:14:20 AM »

How do you have respect for Saul?

The man's a survivor. On some level, that's respectable. Also, funny. And a damn good attorney.

I'm still fuzzy on the whole ricin thing. I can't remember how all that went down. Jesse was going to use ricin to murder Gus, but didn't. Then later on Brock got sick and Jesse thought Walt poisoned him with ricin to get him away from Jesse or something, but the lab showed it wasn't ricin but some other plant which Walt happened to have. So Walt did try to kill the kid, but Jesse didn't know that. So what does Jesse think happened with the cigarette?  It's obviously pretty important, so I want to make sure I remember the details. Somebody fill me in, please.

When Jesse saw that the ricin cigarette was gone, he thought that Walt had Saul's bodyguard lift his cigarettes (with the ricin) off of him earlier in the day and replace them with a different pack, and that Walter had then used that to poison Brock. Walter convinced him that Gus had this done some other way. Later, when they found that Brock hadn't gotten hit with ricin, Jesse wondered where the cigarette was. Walt planted it in Jesse's Roomba, and then staged an arrangement where he and Jesse would find it.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 26, 2013, 04:28:54 AM »

The restaurant scene, the confession, and the desert scene were all incredible.  Chin hit the floor, holy shit I can't believe that happened type of awesome.  Jessie piecing together the ricin cigarette from Huele lifting his dope felt like a HUGE stretch though.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 26, 2013, 04:30:39 AM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 04:28:54 AM

The restaurant scene, the confession, and the desert scene were all incredible.  Chin hit the floor, holy shit I can't believe that happened type of awesome.  Jessie piecing together the ricin cigarette from Huele lifting his dope felt like a HUGE stretch though.

Not really, 'cause it simply confirmed his original suspicion. He's smarter than he gives himself credit for.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 26, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »

So Walt did try to kill the kid, but Jesse didn't know that.

No, he could have killed the kid with ricin but used a non-lethal poison instead. He sickened the kid to turn Jesse against Fring.

Walt became Heisenberg to pay his medical bills and ensure his family's survival -- remember that, at first, he didn't even want to treat his cancer. This bitter and broken man who was ready to die blossomed into the best cook in the world and discovered a new confidence and love of life in the process. His acts of violence have been self-preservation moves against drug lords and murderers, with some regrettable collateral damage not directly by his hand. If it hadn't been for that meddling DEA brother-in-law he could have peacefully gone back to being Walt. He's a complex Lawful Evil character and I still hope he puts Heisenberg behind him and lives happily ever after.

If he'd had better health insurance none of this ever would have happened.  slywink

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 26, 2013, 07:41:29 AM »

Don't know what to say besides best episode for this series so far IMHO.
JCC

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 26, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »

I agree 100% with this. I was grinning like a madman when hank and Marie watched the confession video. The Jesse revelation at the end was my least favorite part, and I agree seemed a stretch.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2013, 12:03:55 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on August 26, 2013, 06:19:09 AM

If he'd had better health insurance none of this ever would have happened.  slywink

McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 26, 2013, 01:20:00 PM »

Quote from: Fireball1244 on August 26, 2013, 04:14:20 AM

How do you have respect for Saul?

The man's a survivor. On some level, that's respectable. Also, funny. And a damn good attorney.

I'll grant you that.  I LOVED the scene from way back when where Saul had Walt and Jesse give him a dollar instead of killing him so that he would be their legal representation.  That was awesome.  He is an amazing character and I think Odenkirk nails Saul.

When Jesse saw that the ricin cigarette was gone, he thought that Walt had Saul's bodyguard lift his cigarettes (with the ricin) off of him earlier in the day and replace them with a different pack, and that Walter had then used that to poison Brock. Walter convinced him that Gus had this done some other way. Later, when they found that Brock hadn't gotten hit with ricin, Jesse wondered where the cigarette was. Walt planted it in Jesse's Roomba, and then staged an arrangement where he and Jesse would find it.

Oh yeah, the Roomba.  Now it makes sense.  Jesse realized Walt played him with the Roomba.  I had forgotten about that.  Thanks!

I was out of town for the last episode so I got to cram both episodes in this weekend.  I really liked the scene in the previous episode where Walt was looking over the money Saul's guys threw in the van and he said "close enough."  The two guys looked at each other with a noticeable expression of relief.  That was a great touch.  Makes you wonder just how much cash they kept for themselves. 
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 26, 2013, 01:34:39 PM »

Quote from: McNutt on August 26, 2013, 01:20:00 PM

Jesse realized Walt played him with the Roomba. 

I'm still fuzzy on how Jesse could have realized that.

Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: August 26, 2013, 02:00:19 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 26, 2013, 01:34:39 PM

Quote from: McNutt on August 26, 2013, 01:20:00 PM

Jesse realized Walt played him with the Roomba. 

I'm still fuzzy on how Jesse could have realized that.

Jesse originally suspected the truth -- that Walt had Saul steal the cigarettes from him -- and when the pot got lifted from him in this episode, he had an epiphany that his original suspicions were true.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: August 26, 2013, 05:09:34 PM »

what a great episode.  I was half expecting what Jesse feared would happen. 
The end of the episode and Jesse's realization answers some of the question to how we get from this point in time to the future depicted earlier, but now wonder how far it will break down. 

The look on Hank's face during the confession scene was perfect.  He never realized how far Walt would go.

as for whom to root for, obviously, we know ultimately that something bad happens with Walt and family, big enough to get him to flee half way across the country, yet be driven all the way back for revenge. 

McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 26, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »

I never saw Walt as a revenge kind of guy.  But obviously things are different. 

He was in New Hampshire, right?  That would indicate that he had a new life.  Maybe Saul had his guy hook him up.  Was he alone?  Why?  Did Skylar turn on him?  That might be the only way he goes out for revenge.  He did all this (initially) for his family, so if Hank was able to take his family away from him then maybe he is going to try and poison Hank.  No idea how he does that though.  Poison is a subtle thing and guys with M60s in their trunks aren't usually subtle. 

I guess the M60 is to protect him from the white supremacists that he worked with earlier.  Those are guys you don't want to ever know your name.  I'm guessing he runs afoul of them soon now that Lydia is sided with them and he and Skylar told her to get bent. 

Are their any other characters we're forgetting about that could make an appearance?
tgb
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2013, 07:23:47 PM »

I'm starting to think Walt's downfall (if there is one) will be a direct result of Todd's big mouth - either directly, or because the uncle now knows his real name.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »

Quote from: tgb on August 26, 2013, 07:23:47 PM

I'm starting to think Walt's downfall (if there is one) will be a direct result of Todd's big mouth - either directly, or because the uncle now knows his real name.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder whether the bloody paper towel that clogs the diner toilet is a red herring.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2013, 10:08:18 PM »

Anyway, my theory on the endgame:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Walt evacuates his family to NH or wherever, then makes a deal with Hank that he will return to ABQ alone and surrender in exchange for letting Skyler off the hook and leaving his family in peace.  Walt comes back but gets the heavy weapon to tie up some loose ends -- Meth Damon and the crew -- to give himself a bit of personal redemption by dissolving the remnants of his evil empire (though I cannot really see WW gunning down folks Rambo style, but anyway...).  Walt still has the cancer but wants to stay in control and make sure he never goes to trial or stays in prison for long, so he uses the ricin on himself right before he turns himself in to Hank.  Walt's full confession exonerates and saves Hank from career embarassment, but then Walt starts exhibiting flu-like symptoms...

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2013, 10:36:26 PM »

Quote from: Freezer-TPF- on August 26, 2013, 10:08:18 PM

Anyway, my theory on the endgame:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Walt evacuates his family to NH or wherever, then makes a deal with Hank that he will return to ABQ alone and surrender in exchange for letting Skyler off the hook and leaving his family in peace.  Walt comes back but gets the heavy weapon to tie up some loose ends -- Meth Damon and the crew -- to give himself a bit of personal redemption by dissolving the remnants of his evil empire (though I cannot really see WW gunning down folks Rambo style, but anyway...).  Walt still has the cancer but wants to stay in control and make sure he never goes to trial or stays in prison for long, so he uses the ricin on himself right before he turns himself in to Hank.  Walt's full confession exonerates and saves Hank from career embarassment, but then Walt starts exhibiting flu-like symptoms...

I don't think there's any way
Spoiler for Hiden:
the entire White family makes it out of this alive.  I agree that he's bringing the big-ass gun looking for revenge, but judging from his completely disheveled state in the flash-forwards, I'm guessing it's to avenge his family.

Agree on him using the ricin on himself...been thinking that was Walt's ultimate way out for a while now.

McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 27, 2013, 12:59:20 AM »

How did I not even consider the ricin being used for that?  Duh. 
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 27, 2013, 04:38:36 PM »

I must not have been paying close enough attention during Hank and Marie's scene.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 27, 2013, 11:54:27 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 27, 2013, 04:38:36 PM

I must not have been paying close enough attention during Hank and Marie's scene.

The latest meme.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 28, 2013, 01:36:53 AM »

icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: August 28, 2013, 05:15:19 AM »

Goddamn, I just got to see the latest episode tonight.  Incredible!

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 28, 2013, 07:09:21 PM »

well damn, next episode should be really interesting.  the bad part of the flashforward is that you know Walt makes it to that point in time, so there cannot be any suspense linked to his fate in the events leading up to that.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: August 28, 2013, 07:12:12 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 28, 2013, 07:09:21 PM

well damn, next episode should be really interesting.  the bad part of the flashforward is that you know Walt makes it to that point in time, so there cannot be any suspense linked to his fate in the events leading up to that.
Should be safe with this assumption, unless they ask Damon Lindeloff to write an episode.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 28, 2013, 07:26:55 PM »

Wow, no kidding!!!

Wake up.
KKBlue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »

I will always stand by my feelings on this one... best TV show ever.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »

I'm inclined to agree with you, though the first few seasons of 24 give it a run for its money at least.

Wake up.
KKBlue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2013, 01:30:43 PM »

Haven't watched 24. Is it really a show that makes you feel like you have been witness to something; pulled into a situation where the TV world seems possible and all other brain (your brain) puzzle figuring is allowed to consider one more move?

Breaking Bad to me is as close as I can come to a movie feeling from a TV show. A believable movie where the twist and turns just about toss me out of my seat and have me checking the safety bar like a hand washing OCD-er.

--Just checked AMC to make sure it was on tonight and it is! Where is that cube love thing?  The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 09:56:08 PM by KKBlue » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: