http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 07:08:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy violates children's rights by not inviting entire class to party  (Read 1385 times)
Andrew Wonser
Gaming Trend Senior Member

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:44:57 AM »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7479758.stm
I kept expecting this to be an Onion article.
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 03:12:47 AM »

It's my party and I'll snub who I want to, snub who I want to.

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 12:11:32 PM »

My son is seven and in his school here in Georgia you are not allowed to send in birthday invitations with them to hand out.  Makes it a bit of a pain in the ass as you then have to try to get 7 year old to get a phone number or address from the classmate.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 01:03:15 PM »

Quote from: drifter on June 30, 2008, 12:11:32 PM

My son is seven and in his school here in Georgia you are not allowed to send in birthday invitations with them to hand out.  Makes it a bit of a pain in the ass as you then have to try to get 7 year old to get a phone number or address from the classmate.

Because they want everyone to feel included or???

I don't see how that's not a violation of rights. Where's teh ACLU?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 02:26:03 PM »

wait.. none of us got invited either.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Windows95
Gaming Trend Reader

Uses only Genuine Microsoft Software!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

Don't you know that everyone has to be included in all school functions?  Apparently it's some universal law.

A 12 year old girl in Quebec took her dad to court when he grounded her and said she couldn't go on a class trip.

And she won.  Roll Eyes

16-bit and loving it!
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2008, 03:01:35 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 30, 2008, 02:26:03 PM

wait.. none of us got invited either.

Somebody should write a song about having struggle to protect one's entitlement to attend festive social gatherings .

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2008, 03:24:53 PM »

In 3rd grade, when handing out valentine's cards to the class it turns out I accidentally gave 3 to the pretty girl and none to the fat boy. The teacher made me apologize and make one up by hand for the fat kid. I guess today if that happened today I would be sued.

Stupid kid should have gotten the hint. Who goes to the teacher because they didn't get a card from everyone?  icon_evil

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2008, 04:12:58 PM »

Quote from: Windows95 on June 30, 2008, 02:45:56 PM

Don't you know that everyone has to be included in all school functions?  Apparently it's some universal law.

A 12 year old girl in Quebec took her dad to court when he grounded her and said she couldn't go on a class trip.

And she won.  Roll Eyes

Actually, her mother won. The mother was the parent who had custody rights for the girl, and the dad was refusing to sign a school waiver as part of an attempt to gain leverage over his ex-wife and daughter. The legal action you're linking to was completely legitimate.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2008, 04:15:41 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on June 30, 2008, 03:24:53 PM

Stupid kid should have gotten the hint. Who goes to the teacher because they didn't get a card from everyone?  icon_evil

aparently fat stupid kids do.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2008, 04:50:01 PM »

jesus that's stupid.  what the hell is wrong with people?  if i don't give you an invitation, it's not discrimination, it's because I DON'T LIKE YOU.

and i thought this country was full of overly sensitive pansy ass people. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Jolor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2008, 06:12:59 PM »

At least the school is taking the opportunity to demonstrate how problems are solved in the grown up world.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2008, 07:49:39 PM »

I didn't get invited to a party this past weekend and all my friends did.  I have to admit, it hurt.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2008, 09:24:00 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on June 30, 2008, 07:49:39 PM

I didn't get invited to a party this past weekend and all my friends did.  I have to admit, it hurt.

So sue the person who held it.
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2008, 10:35:41 PM »

Of course not.  But I can appreciate how a school for young children has a rule that if you're going to give out party invitations on school property, invite everyone.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2008, 11:35:32 PM »

So if there is a kid that my son doesn't get along with - why should I let that kid come to a party where the focus is my son's birthday?  What happened to my son's (and parent's) rights?  My son's school has the same rule, but we have now taken the time to invite a small group of kids that my son truly wants to be at his birthday party (yes outside of school).  We tried one year of inviting the entire class, and this one kid who didn't get along with my son wanted to open the presents, wanted to take a piece of cake - because it was sitting there.  The kid's parent did nothing, even after I've their kid repeatedly got told by me and other parents.  Totally a stupid rule.

Yeah it hurts when you don't get invited to a "friend's" party, but so what?!?  The person who's hosting the party is probably not your friend - no matter that he/she says.  So now you know the truth, and they don't like you - why do you want to go to that party?!? icon_evil
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2008, 05:11:41 AM »

I guess what ti comes down to is they dont want some kids to constantly feel ignored and disliked?

God knows, before I hit attractive mode, most of the girls in my grade school used ot have my battle the weird kid and the fat kid for ugly kid of the class awards.

I survived, but maybe they are trying to divert columbine-style stupidity.

Although I think everyone is too fricking sensitive in america.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: