http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:38:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boston Red Sox '04 World Series Champs!!!  (Read 1918 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2004, 04:19:20 AM »

I just wanted to see it in it's own thread!!!

biggrin

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 04:29:13 AM »

Cool maybe we won't see poor Bill fumble that ball during the 86 series every stinking time the Sox get anywhere from now on.... Ah who am I kidding as a Mets fan it always brings a tear to my eye!!!

Seriously though I was really pulling for the Sox to go all the way the last two seasons and to watch em stomp the Yankees into the dirt was the single greatest sports moment ever imho. Winning the series just makes it even sweeter.

Congrats Sox!!!!  biggrin
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2004, 05:24:59 AM »

Well I'm glad for the Sox.  I'm sure my friend from Boston is in hog-heaven right now.
Charlatan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2004, 10:20:10 AM »

Well, the BoSox certainly picked a good time for their pitchers to be on the ball... heh, on the ball, get it? smile

Congrats to Boston, and for the Cards.... well, there's always next year!

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Geezerone
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 01:22:44 PM »

Ya baby!  

I'm very happy about the win.  But I still get to hang my WS game 6 tickets on my wall next to the other never redeemed WS tickets of years gone by.  crybaby
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2004, 01:26:55 PM »

*nods* Way to go Sox.

Ascendent
rshetts
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 01:36:08 PM »

Congrats to the Sox.  They had better be ready to open the wallet though, with the free agents theyve got theres no way they will have anywhere near the same team next year.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 01:39:57 PM »

YEAH!!!!  That stupid sport is off the TV for a few months!!!!    Tongue

Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2004, 03:59:14 PM »

I'm happy for the Red Sox and their fans. Now maybe some OTHER team with a curse it's been carrying around for half a century can win the Series next year.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2004, 04:11:46 PM »

Quote from: "Octavious230"
Cool maybe we won't see poor Bill fumble that ball during the 86 series every stinking time the Sox get anywhere from now on....

Agree.  The guy makes a single error and it ruins his entire life.  I just hope than now the jackass Red Sox "fans" that basically forced Buckner into hiding will finally leave the guy alone.

Congrats to the Sox.  I normally can't stand to watch baseball, but I was glued to the last couple games of the Sox/Yankees series and all the WS games.  Pretty amazing stuff.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
erh72
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 06:06:28 PM »

Now maybe some OTHER team with a curse it's been carrying around for half a century can win the Series next year.

Half a century?  If you're talking about the Cubs, they're at 96 years an counting.  The White Sox are sitting at, um, I think it's 87 years.  Somewhere in that vicinity.  :\  Chicago professional sports = the height of futility...  And this from someone who still cheers for the Chicago teams (well, most of them) even though he knows better....
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 06:08:27 PM »

Congrats to the Sox and their loyal fans.  I was happy to stay up last night and watch the very end...  Not to mention that Lunar Eclipse that turned the moon red.  Coincidence or does baseball rule the cosmos?
Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 07:25:25 PM »

Quote from: "erh72"
Now maybe some OTHER team with a curse it's been carrying around for half a century can win the Series next year.

Half a century?  If you're talking about the Cubs, they're at 96 years an counting.  The White Sox are sitting at, um, I think it's 87 years.  Somewhere in that vicinity.  :\  Chicago professional sports = the height of futility...  And this from someone who still cheers for the Chicago teams (well, most of them) even though he knows better....

Well, technically, the Cubs have only been "cursed" since 1945, because that's the year Sam Sianis put the billy goat whammy on them. They've just sucked for much longer than that. smile

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 11:36:56 PM »

Chicago Pro teams? Height of Futility?

Let me guess: you write for espn 2's Cold Pizza.

Somehow, I seem to remember this guy...played basketball in the last decade...took "athelete as a larger than life figure" to new levels...Damn.  Can't quite remember it.  It'll come back to me.  (And I vaguely recall something about 'more Championships than any other team since the Celtics dynasties from decades ago')

Hey let's talk about football!  Name me the three greatest rb's of all time.  Many people argue over these...but I seem to think there's this one guy who will end up on everyone's list.   Umm, I seem to forget his name too.

When you whine, whine with good reason.  I've seen a 100+ games won in a season (granted, the Chisox blew the postseason) and a division series in the last five years.  I saw a 13-3 year by the Bears.   W T F are you talking about futility?  

Comaprison from the last several years:
Kansas City got treated to the grisly death of one of it's best loved STUD players, and absolute blank in the 'playoff' picture.

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 11:54:02 PM »

Jake, besides the Bulls championships, when was the last time you saw a Blackhawk holding up Lord Stanley's Cup? None of use were even alive when the Cubs and White Sox won a championship, and the Bears have been pretty much irrelevant for the past 20 years or so, and only have one Championship in the modern era of Pro Football. That's four out of Five teams that haven't really been what they could be. Not saying they're the height of futility, but their definately not in the top half either

And what's with the KC dig, I don't see anyone here claiming the town to be some great sport town...

And lastly, what the hell does any of this really have to do with the RedSox, your 2004 World Series Champions! I Believed...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »

I watched the Red Sox lose to Cincy in Game 7 after Fisk's homer in 6...

I watched the Red Sox lose a 14 game Divisional lead in '78...

I watched F*** Bucky Dent...

I watched Bill Buckner...

I watched the Red Sox lose a 3-0 lead to the Mets to lose Game 7...

I watched the Red Sox lose a 5-2 lead in the 8th to the Yankees in 2003...

I watched F*** Aaron Boone...

I watched the Red Sox win the World Series last night. Life is good.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: