http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 10:20:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Books  (Read 1118 times)
Reemul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Knock Knock

View Profile WWW
« on: October 14, 2004, 07:56:48 PM »

Hi All,

For the last 17 years i have been buying and collecting books. Mostly buying books to read rather than just to collect.

Now i have just over 6000 of them, 99% are in excellent condition. It has now got to the stagfe where i have so many i have decided to sell them. I will keep my all time favs which is about 300 odd.

How should i sell them?

Would it be worth trying book sellers and shifting the lot in one go or even putting them on ebay(which i have never used) or try to sell them in smaller groups.

This is obviously a big decision for me as but it is something i have been comfortable with but trying to sell them might actually be difficult.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Regards

Iain

Juntei
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:14:28 PM »

Well As someone who has read lots of books over the past 17 years myself and has suddenly regretted not keeping all those books I sold or gave away I'd be interested maybe buying some and if a list of them i'd look it over and maybe we could work out something.

If your looking to sell in bulk you might try a used bookstore or ebay.
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2004, 09:36:35 PM »

Ebay has got to be your best bet. With such quantity, you'll need the largest audience possible. Best of luck.
depward
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 09:43:59 PM »

If you live somewhere around Powell's Bookstore in Portland, Oregon, that would be a great place to unload some books for either store credit/cash.  That place has to be the greatest bookstore I've ever been to.  Though, if you're looking into selling for money then Powell's might not be the place for you.  They offer some, but not a whole lot.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2004, 09:44:51 PM »

Not that I've had much experence, but I'd say Ebay if you want to try and get the most for your collection.  Of course you'd have to put each book up indivually for auction and deal with every sale.

Or else sell them in bulk to a used book store if you just want a lump of cash and to be done with it.

Or on the third hand, do a bit of both- dump all the common books off at the used bookstore for a sum of money and save the rarest and most collectable to be sold on Ebay.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
Grinfin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2004, 09:57:10 PM »

And then get a library card :wink:

I have a stack of books I need to bring in to a used book store, but I've pretty much stopped buying them. A big money sink if you read a lot.
Mudfrost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2004, 10:59:35 PM »

You don't have to offer each book individually on ebay; that would be horrific. You can try to sell the lot and would probably get some takers if your starting price was reasonable. Give it a shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: