http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 10:40:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bluetooth Speakers  (Read 390 times)
spigot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »

I'm looking to get myself one of those nifty portable bluetooth speakers. I've been looking into and reading reviews on the following:

• Bose Soundlink
  • Jawbone Jambox (Big and small)
  • Braven 650

Anyone have any personal experiences with any of these? Of course the best scenario would be me in a room listening to the both of them. Reviews I've seen are skewed more towards the Jambox if nothing for the more features it has (i.e. speakerphone which I won't be using anyway). I was also looking at Sonos speakers, which are wifi, not bluetooth.

Thanks.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:56:07 PM »

I was looking for one of these over the summer.  I realized that I really want one that also has video out, and I couldn't really find one that was also extremely portable.

Of course, now it also has to work with a lightning adapter.

Anyway, at the time, it seemed the Jambox was the favorite.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 02:29:45 AM »

While I have never heard the Bose or Braven options, I have listened to the original (small) Jambox and was very impressed with the sound that comes out of a such a small device. I think it's pretty well regarded by just about anyone that has heard it, and the big version is supposedly even better.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:42:16 AM »

Bought the Jambox earlier this year from Amazon. There was a constant hissing/static coming from th speakers. Instead of returning them I contacted Jambox to see if they would fix them. They refused since Amazon supplied them from a third party. The receipt says Amazon, etc. but still a no go. Luckily Amazon refunded the price. After the bad customer service, and what looked like a history of such from the company I won't buy their products again.

That said, the sound was decent, and the speakers look great. The regular size version is a bit underwhelming for music though. I ended up with a Logitech UE Boombox, and while the bass is too heavy, it's a much better product from a company I trust.

The Bluetooth/wifi speaker selection is still far from perfect unfortunately. Much too expensive for the quality. I would love simple, out of the box, rich sound quality, but that doesn't seem to be available for a good price. Bose maybe?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 04:44:09 AM by Lee » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: