http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 01:16:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade Runner - Final Cut  (Read 2521 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »

The general consensus is that the non-narrated version is the better one, but, while I certainly wouldn't say that version is boring or that it's confusing without the explanation, I do prefer the narrated one, just because I think it marries the film to the noir genre better.  I even find Ford's bored reading a plus, as it fits the character.

The non-narrated versions, while again, not boring, are decidedly slower, more somber affairs.  I think part of the reason people prefer it is that it seems to take the SciFi genre more seriously.  But while the noir-ness is still there in the story and atmosphere, a bit of it is lost with the cut VO.

I go back and forth on the endings.  I never saw the original ending as an out and out happy one.  There was always an element of doom and mystery to it.  It's a little like the end of The Graduate or that similar moment in Brazil where they're riding off in the truck.

I also prefer the ambiguity in the is he or isn't he debate.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2012, 03:55:34 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on July 17, 2012, 03:25:26 PM

I go back and forth on the endings.  I never saw the original ending as an out and out happy one.  There was always an element of doom and mystery to it.  It's a little like the end of The Graduate or that similar moment in Brazil where they're riding off in the truck.

I always saw the end of The Graduate as happy as can be,he gets the red hot girl while having a history with an older 'very doable' woman...whats not to like with his life???? he's the luckiest bastard alive!! Tongue

I only saw Brazil last year(saw it in the 80s first time though),and can hardly remember any of it,apart from it being typical Gilliam bonkers

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2012, 03:59:55 PM »

In The Graduate there is an uncertainty about their decision as they realize they acted on impulse.  At least that's how I remember it.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 11:05:57 AM »

yeah actually i remember them sitting apart on the back seat of the bus,i just figured they were nervous with each other

well,while we are talking Blade Runner,Actor Morgan Paull has died

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=743863

Blade Runner" star Morgan Paull has died, aged 67.

The veteran actor passed away on Tuesday. Details of his death have not been released, but Paull was diagnosed with stomach cancer earlier this year.

The actor, who also appeared in film classics "Patton" and "Norma Rae," played Holden in Ridley Scott's sci-fi hit and became the director's sidekick on set after suggesting he hire Daryl Hannah to play replicant Pris in the film and fire Sean Young.

Scott agreed with Paull on the former and famously ignored him on the Young advice, casting the actress as Harrison Ford's love interest in the movie.

Paull became a serious theater actor first on Broadway and then in California, where he was spotted by Franklin J. Schaffner and cast in his 1970 epic "Patton," alongside George C. Scott.

Paull was with the movie great in Spain, where the film was shot, when Scott allegedly claimed the eye of a drunk American tourist in a bar brawl.

Paull also appeared in "Fools' Parade" and John Wayne movie "Cahill U.S. Marshal."

He also enjoyed success on TV with roles in "Gunsmoke," "The Waltons," "McCloud" and" Ironside," and he was a long-time union official in Hollywood, serving on the Screen Actors Guild board of directors and co-founding Actors Working for an Actors' Guild with close friend Charlton Heston.

He also made his mark in Hollywood as a talent agent.

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 11:55:12 AM »

Put me in the I like the narrated version better.  The non-narrated version is just blah but that's my opinion

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 07:14:22 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on July 17, 2012, 03:54:39 AM

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on July 17, 2012, 02:25:48 AM

Meh, there's nothing there that is enticing enough to double dip.

I got stung with an HD-DVD copy (and I still have it) as well as the 5-disc BluRay version.   I'm gonna pass on this.  smile

Oh come on, that art book alone is worth it, let alone the flying car doodad!!!

On a side note, can someone create an app that lets me track how much extra money I spend because of Ceekay's posts?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:37 PM »

Did you see ck's post suggesting you send cash to Hark for his bday?  You should totally check it out
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: