http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 04:49:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best place for music downloads?  (Read 945 times)
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2004, 10:16:36 PM »

I'd like to get some opinions before I start buying music tracks.  I've only used MusicMatch a couple times for music downloads, but I was wondering if it matters between the sites (Napster, iTunes, etc.).   Can I use iTunes if I don't use an iPod, but another brand of mp3 player?  Which one is easiest to use or does it matter?

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 10:55:40 PM »

itunes supports only their proprietary format.  itunes and an ipod are the only devices that will allow you to play their tracks.

napster tracks can be played in any device that supports WMA with DRM.  

i used napster for a couple months and found their library somtimes lacking, but for the most part they had the latest and greatest stuffs.  they also offer discount packages.  ie, get 40 tracks for 35 bucks.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 10:57:36 PM »

Actually, you can use iTunes and convert them to MP3s...you just have an extra step to take.  You create a CD with the tracks on them and then pull those tracks off as MP3s.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Valael
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2004, 12:16:38 AM »

I love iTunes, but that's because I have an iPod.  If I had something else, I'd definitely go with Napster.

If I added a sig, would you read it?
Vesper
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 12:26:05 AM »

Quote from: "AgtFox"
Actually, you can use iTunes and convert them to MP3s...you just have an extra step to take.  You create a CD with the tracks on them and then pull those tracks off as MP3s.

I believe you can save a step, and burn an MP3 CD.  This should convert the protected AACs to MP3 files.  I seem to remember people installing a virtual burning device on their machine so they don't even need media to pull this off.  It just would show up on another (virtual) drive.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2004, 12:35:31 AM »

Wal-mart.com : 0.88 a track or 9.44 a CD for .wma files that can be burned 10 times and stored on 3 computers.  They have a pretty decent selection, as well.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: