http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 05:00:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who is the best demon hunter?  (Voting closed: May 24, 2005, 06:33:42 PM)
Wesley Wyndham-Price - 9 (42.9%)
Sid the Dummy - 0 (0%)
Taki - 4 (19%)
Raikoh - 2 (9.5%)
Illidan Stormrage - 4 (19%)
Ellen Pompeo - 0 (0%)
[muffle muffle muffle muffle] ("Too late: I have been eaten by a Grue.") - 2 (9.5%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Demon Hunter?  (Read 1359 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2005, 06:33:42 PM »

You have awakened in the middle of a moonless night and realized in your attempts to peer through the darkness that you are likely to be eaten by a Grue.  Who would you most trust to dash in an slay the wicked demon before it can swallow you whole...and why?

Wesley Wyndham-Price

Sid the Dummy

Taki

Raikoh

Illidan Stormrage

or Ellen Pompeo?

Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2005, 09:44:24 PM »

I can't vote for Vampire Hunter D?  I'd say he counts. smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2005, 10:26:35 PM »

Doesn't Vampire Hunter D spend most of his time hunting vampires?  They're really more like demon half-breeds and nowhere near as dangerous as the real thing.

I'm surprised that someone voted for Taki.  I'd be hard pressed to name a single demon she's actually defeated -- even Ellen Pompeo's quest on Grey's Anatomy to help people face their inner demons makes her a superior demon hunter to Taki.

-Autistic Angel
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2005, 10:39:27 PM »

What about Devil Hunter Yokkho?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 11:51:03 AM »

Wes is da man!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 04:51:04 PM »

I dont know any of them but will go for Taki just for the hot sex afterwards if she was real.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 05:45:06 PM »

I dont know any of them but....

Wesley Wyndham-Price was a character who appeared rather briefly in the third season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer before becoming a permenant cast member on Angel for about four-and-a-half of its five seasons.  For a short time he deemed himself to be a rogue demon hunter, but dropped the moniker when he tired of trying to answer the question, "What's a rogue demon?"

Sid the Dummy was, apparently, a master demon hunter who was cursed and turned into a ventrilloquist dummy.  That's about all there is to say about him since he appeared in only a single episode of Buffy and, for some reason, in the Chaos Bleeds video game.

Taki has appeared in every game from the Soul Edge / Soul Calibur series where her goal is ostensibly to slay the demon residing in the cursed sword wielded first by Cevantes, then by Nightmare.  Considering that Soul Calibur III is in production, I'd say she's doing a pretty piss poor job of it.

Raikoh is the protagonist of the Otogi series for the XBox.  He's technically dead, but that does little to deter him from dying some more whenever I pick up the controller.  I *guess* he's fairly successful demon hunter, but frankly, he's also a big bore.

Illidan Stormrage appears during the Night Elf campaign of WarCraft III.  He's blind and has some issues with abandonment and anger management, but if you need someone willing to single-handedly face down a horde of rampaging demons on the battlefield, he's probably your man.

Ellen Pompeo is the lead actress on Grey's Anatomy where, in addition to practicing medicine and screwing her boss, she helps her patients and her friends to conquer their inner demons through an intricate regimen of friendly advice and self-serving pity parties.

The Grue are the race of nocturnal demons who prowl the pitch blackness in the Zork games.  No one has ever seen one as the light seems to keep them at bay, but woe unto the adventurer whose lantern goes out for a prowling Grue can sweep out of the darkness in absolute silence and take him in a single snap of its jaws.

-Autistic Angel
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 06:18:38 PM »

John Constantine
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 08:31:10 PM »

Taki. Then when it was all over, she'd comfort me by holding her hot, nubile body and its protruding nipples against me.
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 09:08:22 PM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
What about Devil Hunter Yokkho?

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking her.
unbreakable
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 09:39:20 PM »

Illidan Stormrage appears during the Night Elf campaign of WarCraft III. He's blind and has some issues with abandonment and anger management, but if you need someone willing to single-handedly face down a horde of rampaging demons on the battlefield, he's probably your man.

Illidan was really hunting demons in order to steal their power.  It makes him a demon hunter in the same way a purse snatcher is a money hunter.  He also gets wtfpwned by Arthas.

Having said that, I still voted for him.  Had I scrolled down and seen Taki's bullet-time nipples prior to that, she would have swayed my vote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: