http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 08:05:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bender's Big Score!  (Read 1053 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2007, 07:08:55 PM »

My copy is on the way. I cannot wait to watch it as Futurama is my favorite animated series of all time.

Sadly I'm on a business trip and won't get to watch it until at least the end of the week.

Who else is in!?
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 07:19:56 PM »

So very IN!
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 07:52:11 PM »

So IN.  The day has finally arrived.  I'm going to head straight for Best Buy tomorrow and pick it up!!

It's been getting some good reviews too, so I don't think we will be disappointed.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews34/futurama_benders_big_score.htm

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=31454

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 08:39:32 PM »

My pre-order is on the way from Amazon... though I have to admit I viewed it yesterday through less-than-legal means.   ninja2

Compared to the dreck that was The Simpsons Movie, this is very good. It's certainly for the "core" fans - tons of bit character cameos, and a fairly convoluted time paradox storyline that touches on many many plot threads from the TV series.  Keeping track of it all was a bit daunting at first smile  But it's more Futurama, which is always a good thing in my book.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:44:04 PM by Laner » Logged
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 02:49:59 AM »

I know it's Futurama after all, but is there the same quality of writing as the 'Jurassic Bark, Luck of the Fryish, ones that make you think' episodes?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 03:08:57 PM »

If it's one of those, I'll be in mooshu heaven. If it's one of the average-r episodes (Kip gets knocked up, the harlem globetrotters with the time spikes), I'll be happy. If it's one of the bad episodes (er... the first few? I guess. I can't think of any I hated), then I'll still like it, cause it's futurama.

/fanboy.
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 07:42:20 PM »

It's a pretty good episode/movie and I'd rank it even higher as a fan.  I wouldn't say it's as funny as one of the top episodes, but it's solid and the story itself is good.  I even got a chill up my spine when the opening title came on screen.  It was so good to hear that music and see "Futurama" come across the screen again.  It also looks gorgeous in anamorphic widescreen.

Listening to the commentary, I'm still impressed with their attention to detail and regard for continuity.  They point a couple things out from past episodes I never would have caught.  They also say this story is the most complex of the four movies and was geared the most for the fans.  It makes me wonder if some potential humor was sacrificed in order to fit in nods to previous episodes (there's a lot), but I'm not complaining - it was cool to see those references. 

Now I'm waiting anxiously for the next one to come out.  Three more!  thumbsup

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 06:00:35 AM »

Watched it tonight. It definately had the futurama formula, but some parts felt like they went on too long and some parts felt really tacked on to extend time. Also far too many camoes from characters, just for the sake of having cameos for characters - a good thing in my book, but probably not everyone's book. (My wife likes Futurama but has apparently never seen the Hypnotoad episode or the Santa episodes. She apparently likes it but never watched it) Everything ties together nicely though, and it definately is a really well put together, interesting story - a solid B from the Futurama team.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 04:19:14 PM »

It was good.  There were some laugh out loud moments for me.  I was happy to get back to Futurama for sure.  I really liked the jab at Fox in the beginning.  Does anyone know how often these are supposed to come out?
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2007, 05:11:24 PM »

In an interview here , David Cohen estimates the next one will be out in six months
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2007, 06:27:00 PM »

i need to get this. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2007, 06:34:58 PM »

Quote from: Laner on November 29, 2007, 05:11:24 PM

In an interview here , David Cohen estimates the next one will be out in six months

Thanks, Laner!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on November 29, 2007, 04:19:14 PM

It was good.  There were some laugh out loud moments for me.  I was happy to get back to Futurama for sure.  I really liked the jab at Fox in the beginning. 

Yep. That was the funniest part.  There were indeed some very funy parts, some funny parts and some parts that were meh.

Overall, I'd give it a B, but I definitely plan to watch it again at least twice: once just to watch it again, and once just to listen the commentary.

It was definitely worth the price of admission. I'm glad the show is 'back'.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: