http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 08:38:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not - do you want 2 Pythons?  (Read 1042 times)
mytocles
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2006, 02:15:57 AM »

Didn't seem like something that could go in the trading forum, but it sounds like these are probably free...  posted in my local college social bulletin board.  Just in case someone needs some Pythons, I'd hook you up... Western Mass. is the current location...

2 Ball Pythons available

A friend of mine agreed to care for 2 young ball pythons for a local marine who was deployed to Iraq.  Sadly, the marine was killed in action shortly after deployment.  My friend is having health issues and is not equipped to care for these pythons long term. The gentleman for whom she was watching them has no family that can take them.

“Honor” and “Glory” are approximately 9 months old and come with a 20 gallon aquarium.  We do not know their sex.

My friend will only allow them to go to knowledgeable homes to ensure they get the best of care.  If you are interested in these snakes, or know of any resources that might be able to help her find them homes, please contact me

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
depward

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 02:38:29 AM »

I thought you were talking biceps.  And I was thinking, "Heck YEAH I want a couple of pythons!", expecting to see some sort of exercise routine that could help me build muscle faster.

But you're really talking about snakes here.  And snakes and I do not go well together.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 02:44:48 AM »

Whoa, I must be way out of the loop on weight-training - pythons?  *ignorance showing*  :oops:

Yup, snakes - or reptiles, or serpents, or whatever pythons are, outside of the gym....

I don't mind snakes, fish guts, lizards, just about anything, hey, even dead people - but don't talk about anything with 8 legs - we don't even say the whole word in this house (instead it's "spuh" as in Sp...).  And the funny thing is I'm not afraid of them, per se - I just hate looking at them, except for Daddy-Long-Legs, of course, those are just plain cuddly.  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:01:46 AM »

Ah, and I thought it had something to do with Monty Python.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:19:34 AM »

Myto - did you just write Daddy-Long-Legs spiders are cuddly?!  That's freaking me out!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:34:38 AM »

If I were in your area I'd be happy to take them. Right now I've got a 3 foot savannah monitor tame as a dog.

Unfortunately though, it's just way too far and overnight shipping alone (and that's not even taking the cage into account) would be at least $50, if not closer to $100.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:39:36 AM »

Wow, snakes freak me out really bad...

Well, all snakes excluding stiffler's trouser snake  :wink:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 06:58:47 AM »

You people with your snake phobias are weird.

I think fear of marriage is far less embarrassing.

Once I scared the crap out of a buddy of mine by pretending I was going to throw a foot and a half long garter snake at him.

I had just rescued it from the garden of an elderly lady that was asking us to kill it for her. I took it across the road and put it down near a creek instead, but she thanked us anyway.

Good times.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 09:47:01 AM »

If I were single and living in that area I might take them.I've always liked snakes. Are you sure they're pythons and not boas? I would think pythons might fit into the exotic animal category that so many cites have and ban from the public.

Ye Olde Farte
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 04:30:03 PM »

I'd have to know their sex.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 10:24:21 PM »

I've seen pythons for sale here (S.E. Florida) all the time, classifieds, reptile shops, reptile shows, etc.
I don't think they'd fall under a 'ban' and if they did try, you could always sue the city as many have done when they were told they coudn't keep a certain type of dog or other animal.
I have a pitbull and just one county below (Miami Dade) pitbulls were outlawed about 10 years ago (those that had them already were grandfathered in) because people were constantly fighting them and letting them go and the dogs (in search of food and starving) ended up attacking several people and other animals.
"Ban bad people, not dogs." is an interesting bumper sticker I've seen a few times now.

Although at the south florida reptile shows you'll usually always see a private breeder come in with a baby anaconda for sale. And anacondas are definitely on the "illegal" list, one of the only reptiles I know of that you can't have. I asked the guy at the last reptile show how much he wanted for it and he said $100 would take it home.  

Back to the subject again myto - you might want to consider letting the people who have the pythos about a website like www.kingsnake.com or www.reptilemarket.com usually an ad mentioning "Good home only" ends up being answered by an honest person.
I'd just hate to see the situation they are in now (people who dont even know how to take care of them) get even worse as they might be without proper care (UVB/heat/calicum supplements/etc) my savannah monitor (who's soaking in the warm bath tub right now) needs a lot of attention to keep him like he is.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 11:07:17 PM »

In the "All's well that ends well" or "It's all moot, now" categories - here's the latest post:

"Ball pythons have found a home

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions for a new home for the ball pythons.  We believe they have found a home through the Forest Park Zoo.  

Thanks again"

If you ever get to Springfield, MA - you can visit them, TML and Dep!  I'll meet you there and hold your hands... Tongue

btw, the zoo used to have some problems, I've heard it's much better now, although I  haven't been there for years.  Might have to go and see those bad boys someday (the pythons, not TML and Dep).  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2006, 10:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "TheMissingLink"
Wow, snakes freak me out really bad...

Well, all snakes excluding stiffler's trouser snake  :wink:

Better watch out.  The fucking thing bit me yesterday when I was trying to wrangle it.

HISS!

And myto, I'm with you on the "anything more than 4 legs" thing.  God damn, I woke up this morning and there was something with like 80 legs on my wall.  I've never been so awake when the alarm goes off than today!  I went to get it (with about 10 layers of paper towel) and it fell.  I got a nice trophy numbering around 6 legs.  They were still moving!  No sign of the body, but I'm confident it won't make that mistake again.

HISS!!!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 01:00:15 AM »

Wasn't it you that posted a long time ago, something about the pic that some sick-o posted of a spider in someone's ear (probby Crayola Smoker!)

... that you'd cut your head off with a machete if it ever happened to you?

Whether it was you or not - I agreed!  :lol:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 01:04:28 AM »

Thanks for bringing that up again. The woman was getting headaches because a spider was living in her ear.

And according to Maxim "quick facts" (I'm not debating if they're entirely accurate or not) 1 in 3 adults have a cock roach living in their ear. They had a picture next to the quick fact with a roach waving saying "Hey I live in your damn ear man. Ok, bye now."
So that means between me, myto, and stiffler, one of us has a roach living in our ear and I'm willing to bet it's not me or stiffler.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2006, 01:14:47 AM »

But you see, I don't mind cockroaches...  did you know they fly, btw...?  And if I had a choice, gross as that would be - I'd take the cockroach over the "Spuh" any day... :twisted:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2006, 01:29:21 AM »

Quote from: "mytocles"
Wasn't it you that posted a long time ago, something about the pic that some sick-o posted of a spider in someone's ear (probby Crayola Smoker!)

While I wouldn't put it past me, the originator of that post has a far more infamous past. :shock:

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2006, 01:55:03 AM »

OMG, it was "him"... but the same cast of characters showed up to post... ahem, Stiffler, Corruptrelic, etc.

Oh, and Stiff - in the original post you said "anything over 4 legs" - and said it again here -  so I'm pretty sure 6 and up is your limit!  :lol:

What a riot, thanks for bringing that post back, CS!  Gave me the willies just reading it over.  That was some mighty fine reading, though!  Tongue

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2006, 10:26:37 AM »

Quote from: "depward"
I thought you were talking biceps.  And I was thinking, "Heck YEAH I want a couple of pythons!", expecting to see some sort of exercise routine that could help me build muscle faster.

But you're really talking about snakes here.  And snakes and I do not go well together.

Lol, same thoughts here too Tongue !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: