http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 10:13:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica - When is season 2 coming?  (Read 935 times)
corruptrelic
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2006, 03:34:25 AM »

They released Season "2.0" which was only the first half, and I've been since waiting for either season 2.5 or them to just release the full season 2 box set.
This is only one of two (the other being Firefly) tv series that I actually watched every single episode (and actually liked it) the way the story was unfolding was amazing.. the doctor and his hot android wife or whatever she was.. can't even remember the robots names anymore it's been so long since I watched it, yet I dont see anything new about season 2 coming out to DVD, yet season 3 is already announced and is coming out sometime this year on SciFi again. How can they be giving us season 3 already and season 2 still not being released on DVD in it's entire?
This is going to screw me over if I dont get to see what happened in the second half and have to jump right into season 3.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 03:36:46 AM »

Here ya go.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 03:41:45 AM »

I'm REALLY looking forward to the next season.  the way they ended the last season.... :icon_eek:

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 04:20:10 AM »

You can also buy it all from iTunes already, in case that interests you.  It's cheaper than the DVD release, even at Amazon's discount price, but lower quality and no extras.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 04:36:06 AM »

Holy shit they did release season 2.5 on DVD? Where was I when this happened?  eek

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 05:13:44 AM »

Not yet.  Read the link again, September 19th.
depward

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 05:53:01 AM »

I've been really wanting to get into the series.  That being said, I can't justify plunking down ~$50 for the first season, even though I really want to watch it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 05:56:24 AM »

Do you buy movies on DVD? If so, isn't it more of a value to get 13 episodes, plus the original miniseries for $45 on Amazon than a 2 hour film for $20? I understand not wanting to plunk down $80 for those HBO sets, but BSG is pretty cheap considering.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 06:50:18 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on August 13, 2006, 05:56:24 AM

Do you buy movies on DVD? If so, isn't it more of a value to get 13 episodes, plus the original miniseries for $45 on Amazon than a 2 hour film for $20? I understand not wanting to plunk down $80 for those HBO sets, but BSG is pretty cheap considering.
I'm just glad it's got a few bells and whistles along with widescreen and 5.1 surround.  Some shows on DVD leave me a little sour with high cost and little justification for it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 09:02:22 PM »

Sci-Fi just aired "Pegasus" yesterday morning at 1:00 AM (central).  If I've read correctly, that'll put season "2.5" to start this coming Saturday and run through 'till October when season 3 starts.  For those with TIVO, or your channel provider's equivalent, I recommend setting it up to record.  I know I have.  icon_biggrin

I also wouldn't be surprised if Sci-Fi did a marthon of season 2.5 the weekend or two before season 3.0 starts, though I've got nothing but wishful thinking to back that up.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 05:54:48 AM »

That'd be great if that happens.. I know they did that with 24 (AE anyway) sometimes and did ran the entire season episode after episode for 24 hours. Never have to get up except to grab another beer and take a piss  icon_biggrin

IMO Battlestar Galactica Season 1 is definitely worth $50. You can probably find it cheaper than that though, might check Ebay or if you have a CD Warehouse they sell used copies for around $30.
Honestly I don't watch a whole lot of TV - especially TV shows - but Battlestar Galactica really caught my attention.
It's just a damn great show, and with season 3 coming later this year, you're going to be missing a lot if you get into it and didn't watch the first two seasons.
I've still got to watch the last ten (or however many it may be) episodes of Season 2 to be completely caught up, but I've been thinking of revisiting season 1 again as it really is that great of a show.
Short of Firefly, I'd say it's the best TV show I've ever seen.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 04:22:53 PM »

I agree Corrupt, in fact, it probably has supplanted The Sopranos as my favorite TV show EVER, let alone on TV today. The sets are worth $150.00, the show is THAT good.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 05:57:19 PM »

Pretty sure I saw an ad stating that a 2 hour "recap" will preceed the show's new season....I can't wait.

The Stargates are *ok* but nothing beats BSG.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 06:28:49 PM »

Yep. BSG is THE best series on TV, imo. Even better than some pretty good shows like 24 and Prison Break. I remember in the year before the new BSG started, the hardcore fans of the old, original, 70's Galactica were so violently vocal in their total condemnation of the new series, particularly over the fact that Starbuck was going to be a woman. Funny how we don't hear from these old school hardcore fanatics anymore.
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 06:34:53 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on August 14, 2006, 06:28:49 PM

Yep. BSG is THE best series on TV, imo. Even better than some pretty good shows like 24 and Prison Break. I remember in the year before the new BSG started, the hardcore fans of the old, original, 70's Galactica were so violently vocal in their total condemnation of the new series, particularly over the fact that Starbuck was going to be a woman. Funny how we don't hear from these old school hardcore fanatics anymore.

I guess I need to try watching it again as the little bit I saw of it didn't interest me in the slightest.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on August 14, 2006, 06:34:53 PM

I guess I need to try watching it again as the little bit I saw of it didn't interest me in the slightest.

You really need to see it from the beginning (mini-series preferably) since the show isn't really friendly to jumping in at a random episode. 
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:12 PM »

Count me in as another person in the "BSG is the best series on tv" camp.  I've managed to get most of my family and friends hooked on it thanks to passing around the season 1 and season 2.0 dvds.  Can't wait for October.  It does start up again in October, right? 
jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 11:02:08 PM »

Yes, middle of October.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: