http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 10:50:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica 6/13/08 - spoilers  (Read 2576 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2008, 05:27:29 AM »

Holy shit!

Well, BSG has finally found Earth, and it's a dead planet.  Talk about macguffins here.

The final 4 were outed, I assume they'll show the repercussions of this in later episodes with more time.

I'm about ready for them to start explaining all this religious stuff in the show and what that means in the coming episodes.  Anyone remember how many episodes this last season was?
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 07:38:59 AM »

There are 10 more episodes after tonight's.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2008, 10:05:08 AM »

well, technically there are 20. this is mid season Tongue
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2008, 10:09:46 AM »

I want to murder someone knowing I have to wait month before the next episode.
Trey
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2008, 12:55:30 PM »

Quote from: CSL on June 14, 2008, 10:09:46 AM

I think it's gonna be more than a month, dude.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2008, 03:10:20 PM »

Just watched it....

I was expecting the possibility of lots of things, but I have to admit I didn't think they would do this.

What happens now I wonder?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2008, 04:21:28 PM »

What.
An.
Amazing.
Episode.

I can't stress that enough. I can't remember an hour of television I've watched that was simply that intense, or that emotional, from any show or movie, ever. I had to watch it again this morning, it was just that good.

The amazing calling out of the four cylons, the intense standoff between Lee Adama and the cylons. The sheer joy of the fleet FINALLY making it to earth.

So the fifth is not among the colonial fleet? Does that mean he's already on the base star? That's how I interpreted that statement, but I have a feeling that that's how you're supposed to read it. If that means the fifth was already on the basestar that would make it either Baltar, President Roslin, or ... ummm... Helo?

I always in the back of my mind expected earth to be a forsaken hell-hole - it always seemed to be the most likely possibility - I mean, why leave for the twelve new colonies otherwise? Anyone know about geiger counters post nuke? Would that level in the soil be expected thousands of years later? Still, it was devastating. You want to see these people find some level of happiness. The sheer joy that preceeded it, the celebration throughout the fleet when they reached earth - but as a viewer I immediately felt like something was wrong. No satellites or technology orbiting Earth.

And I keep going back to "All of this has happened before". Did the twelve colonies leave earth because of the nukes, go to the colonies, and the colonies got nuked - same as Earth? Is it that simple?

The wait for the last ten episodes is going to suck, but I can wait now. So much was revealed that the episode in my mind really serves as the end of the story. I think we've reached the climax, and the next chapter is the epilogue. Wrapping everything up. Where do they go from here?

I honestly cried at the ending. Just seeing everyone's faces of horror when they reached earth as everyone's taking everything in, in sheer despair. It's very haunting.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »

Quote from: Trey on June 14, 2008, 12:55:30 PM

Quote from: CSL on June 14, 2008, 10:09:46 AM

I think it's gonna be more than a month, dude.

The remaining episodes will air in the first quarter of 2009  icon_evil

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2008, 05:05:13 PM »

What I don't get is why the cylons want Earth, when they decided it was important, and when they decided peace was a good thing.  I get all of the human motivations but when all is revealed I want to know what the hell is up with cylons.  They're goofy.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2008, 05:59:19 PM »

great episode...easily one of the show's best.  it's ridiculous that they're making us wait six months or more to see how it all ends though icon_evil

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2008, 06:56:20 PM »

total agreement here about hating the waiting.  WTH?! sci fi?

i was thinking the same thing about the last jump.  if earth is in good shape, then why no signs of life in space?  no colonies in the solar system, no spacecraft, not even any night time lights.  i was surprised that everyone felt so happy when it was clear they were in a graveyard of a solar system. 

odd that this ending parallels season 2's ending.  new president, new "home", and a final punch to the gut that makes us question everything until the next season. 

jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2008, 06:57:02 PM »

Quote from: LordMortis on June 14, 2008, 05:05:13 PM

What I don't get is why the cylons want Earth, when they decided it was important, and when they decided peace was a good thing.  I get all of the human motivations but when all is revealed I want to know what the hell is up with cylons.  They're goofy.

they most likely are descents from there, not all of them wanted to find earth anyways. i believe season 3 starts the cylon rebellion. the cyclons on the base ship that blew up a couple of episodes ago wanted to just destroy the humans. those cylons that landed on earth believe in pretty much the same gods as the humans do. so there's also that religious aspect for both of them.
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 07:09:49 PM »

I liked how Admiral Adama basically had a nervous breakdown.  Very well done for showing more realistic people.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 07:23:17 PM »

Just as long as the series doesn't end with them all becoming Born Again to the One True God.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Lockdown

LD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 07:47:58 PM »

A few questions:

Anyone know what all those visions/dreams were about in the previous episodes?  The opera house and Sharon's baby, and all that:  Did that part get answered and I missed it, or is all that stuff still up in the air? 

I'm guessing they landed where the domed building in the book was, is that correct?

Also, are we to assume that Earth in total is a nuclear wasteland, just that area we saw, or is it that we aren't supposed to know for sure yet?

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2008, 07:59:07 PM »

My favorite suggestion about how this episode could have ended better in say a crossover sci fi twist - they land on Earth and are greeted by Captain Picard.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2008, 04:58:19 AM »

Quote from: Lockdown on June 14, 2008, 07:47:58 PM

A few questions:

Anyone know what all those visions/dreams were about in the previous episodes?  The opera house and Sharon's baby, and all that:  Did that part get answered and I missed it, or is all that stuff still up in the air? 

I'm guessing they landed where the domed building in the book was, is that correct?

Also, are we to assume that Earth in total is a nuclear wasteland, just that area we saw, or is it that we aren't supposed to know for sure yet?

they haven't given us the answers to any of those questions yet...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2008, 02:11:43 PM »

Very well done BSG!   I thought the whole reveal thing between Tigh and both Adama's was awesome.  The knowledge that his XO and best friend is a cylon and how it may have affected every decision hes made had to be the greatest mind-phuk Adama ever faced.  Tigh was fantastic also, demanding Lee sacrifice him for the good of the fleet and humanity right up to giving up the remaining Cylons.  With every thing Tigh has been though, hes shown to be the most human "person" in the fleet. There has been some loose writing and obvious plot devices throughout this series but the growth and development of Col. Tigh has been incredible.  Major props to the writers how theyve pulled that off! And, Finally after every thing, Lee Adama has grown a set!  He was such a eunich during the whole Lee luvs Starbuck crap that I thought he would never regain his man card but throw him in the pressure cooker of the presidency and proves to be da man!  The nuclear wasteland Earth was actually not a suprise to me.  I figured there was no way they would go with an Earth in today's timeline, too old school BSG.  A future, thriving Earth as mankinds salvation would have been too "deus ex machina"  When they had the big celebration sequence in the fleet, I knew that the had a really mean curveball coming at us and my 1st thought was either nuke wasteland or major skinjob cylon world. Im glad they went with Wasteland.
 I hate Sci-fi and their frakking WTF series scheduling.  What are they gonna do, stretch the "final season" out over 2 years?  I mean seriously, mankind could nuke themselves back to Stonehenge before the rest of this airs and then instead of getting a great series ending we get another frakking self fulfilling prophecy!

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2008, 07:40:56 PM »

The whole split season thing is done to avoid competing with other big shows seasons, or so they say.

I just think they want to sell season 4.0 and 4.5 DVDs.
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008, 08:55:29 PM »

If its good enough for Lost its good enough for BSG.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2008, 02:39:18 PM »

The Writers Strike is what happened.  They had these episodes done, along with Razor before the strike hit.  I'm willing to bet they will begin filming soon (within 60 days) on the last 10 episodes.  TV has a lead time of about six to eight months to get an episode to the viewer for standard pre-recorded shows.  (WBS, or anyone with better experience in the RTVF industry, please feel free to correct me...this is my best experience on the subject.)

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
ChaoZ

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on June 17, 2008, 02:39:18 PM

The Writers Strike is what happened.  They had these episodes done, along with Razor before the strike hit.  I'm willing to bet they will begin filming soon (within 60 days) on the last 10 episodes.  TV has a lead time of about six to eight months to get an episode to the viewer for standard pre-recorded shows.  (WBS, or anyone with better experience in the RTVF industry, please feel free to correct me...this is my best experience on the subject.)

I heard somewhere that they are already shooting the final episode, which means that they aren't THAT far behind.

UsulofDoom
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2008, 05:13:35 PM »

Quote from: CSL on June 14, 2008, 07:59:07 PM

My favorite suggestion about how this episode could have ended better in say a crossover sci fi twist - they land on Earth and are greeted by Captain Picard.

I was thinking more of the head of the Statue of Liberty or the burnt out remains of NYC.  Do we know when they are in earths history?
LordMortis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2008, 05:42:22 PM »

Quote from: UsulofDoom on June 17, 2008, 05:13:35 PM

I was thinking more of the head of the Statue of Liberty or the burnt out remains of NYC.  Do we know when they are in earths history?

With apes running around.  They could get Malcolm McDowell to play Corneleus.  And Corneleus could have the power to heal others around the planet.  Only, he was a puppet controlled by an immortal monkey raised in the time of Samurai.  This monkey was totally disillusioned with monkey kind when a monkey from the west named Nathan Algren came around with guns and taught the peasants how to fight.  His disillusionment causes him to switch loyalties between himself and an anti government organization.  He is being hunted by a lady monkey who changes disguises every week in order track immortal monkey down.  Lady Monkey is part of the BSG prophecy.  Brought thousands of light years over the prophecies of the the BSG Greeks and the Monkey Christian inventor allow them to find out that lady Monkey is really direct descendant of BSG Hero Agamemnon.  She was born to be the death of Monkey kind and a ninja assassin fantasy role play character for male monkeys eveywhere.  She is loved by a blind hero of sorts.  The blindness struck him from a radioactive accident from when he was young.  But this also heightened his other senses.  During the day, he was a lawyer.  But truth be told, he wasn't a monkey at all.  He was robot.  His other senses were hieghtened because he was nothing more than a toaster.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2008, 05:44:29 PM »

I think aintitcool posted a rumor that there was going to be more than 10 episodes filmed for after the break.  However, that article is now gone from their site.  Guess it was too good to be true.   icon_frown

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2008, 05:54:28 PM »

Whedon would very much approve of that ending.   thumbsup

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 17, 2008, 05:44:29 PM

I think aintitcool posted a rumor that there was going to be more than 10 episodes filmed for after the break.  However, that article is now gone from their site.  Guess it was too good to be true.   icon_frown

it is 10 more and I believe 1 more movie and possibly a 2nd after that.
Let's just hope Caprica doesn't suck.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2008, 10:08:14 PM »

Damn.  I was hoping for dinosaurs instead of post-apocalypse.   Wouldn't it have been awesome to see Baltar gazing in wonder at the lush green new world and then suddenly a T-Rex bites his head off?
snoleopard
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2008, 10:14:16 PM »

Warning, that would have been perfect, for me at least.  icon_lol

The quiet one.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:53 AM »

I read on Sci-fi.com that theyve extended the series finale from a 1 hour episode to 2 hours, so there is 11 more "hours" of BSG left in the series  ( disclaimer:  TV hours are actually about 42 mins)

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:55 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 17, 2008, 05:44:29 PM

this article?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »

Quote from: DragonFyre on June 14, 2008, 04:21:28 PM

I always in the back of my mind expected earth to be a forsaken hell-hole - it always seemed to be the most likely possibility - I mean, why leave for the twelve new colonies otherwise?

You might have the BSG history a bit twisted.  They didn't leave Earth for the 12 colonies, they left Kobol for the 13 colonies of which Earth is one.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2008, 09:07:59 PM »

Well that Earth was not what I was hoping for. I was hoping that Earth would be much more advanced than them and make everyone be good or get blasted. Turns out we just killed each other off.

So why did only 4 or 5 earthers make it out of there?

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Montag
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 03:41:17 PM »

I have a better one.  The landing site will have the remains of a long since non-functioning robot with a name plate of R. Giskard Reventlov.  You get your plot twist, sci-fi crossover, and you get an awesome tie in to the radiated earth.  Next episode they find the last of the final 5 on the moon, Daneel Olivaw.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: