http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:58:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica 2/25  (Read 1034 times)
Doomboy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2005, 09:37:03 AM »

Since no one else has started a topic to discuss the latest episode, I figured I would, because I saw something I felt needed to be discussed...

Spoilers Ahoy!!!!

Cylons like to hide truth within lies, and when he whispered "Adama is a cylon" in the president's ear, the first thing I thought was "Which one?"

I am really psyched to see what the heck happens next...  Was he actually hiding some truth in a lie?  Is Apollo a cylon?  I can't believe that Adama the elder is a cylon.  When would they have been able to insert a cylon into his place?

And here is the one question that keeps nagging at me... If they are really all throughout the fleet, posing as humans, why isn't the entire cylon fleet constantly harassing them and attempting to destroy them?

I suspect that they aren't trying to kill the fleet yet.  That maybe the cylons are trying to drive them to find earth, and once and for all kill all the humans.  Maybe their attacks are meant only to make the fleet keep going, to not allow them time to think about what is really going on.

Ah, whatever.  All I have is wild speculation.  As well as excitement to see what happens next.

Chime in with your thoughts...

When there's no more room in hell, Jack Thompson will walk the earth.
Lockdown
Gaming Trend Senior Member

LD

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2005, 01:01:54 PM »

Quote from: "Doomboy"

I suspect that they aren't trying to kill the fleet yet.  That maybe the cylons are trying to drive them to find earth, and once and for all kill all the humans.  Maybe their attacks are meant only to make the fleet keep going, to not allow them time to think about what is really going on.

That is my initial thinking also.  Not to mention... if this little "experiment" goes well with Boomer getting pregnant from a real human (Helo), then they may want to keep the humans alive for the breeding possibilities.  Assuming that's what they are doing with Boomer and Helo that is.  Who knows.

Loved the episode, as always.  As the season progresses, I am beginning to like Starbuck more and Apollo less.  I fully understand Apollo's dilemma of being caught in the middle of everything, but c'mon, let's make the guy a bit more of a badass!

And how can you not love the religious undertones of the polytheistic vs monotheistic mantras!!!!!   Absolutely love that stuff.  I hope they keep that storyline going strong, as it is one of the best.

Baltar is such an incredibly intelligent wuss, it is hysterical.  That actor is doing a great job of being just on the edge of complete lunacy.

LD

LD

"Let your enemies fear, for a harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."
RedJak
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2005, 08:04:31 PM »

I have to think that if the Cylons are trying for a human / cylon hybrid then it must be tied into their desire to have a soul.  They rejected their human creators for the divine one yet still know they are just machines.  They are like fallen Angels struggling to become God's favorites.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 08:50:24 PM »

Myself I'm hating this whole cylons are humans stuff. Feel like I'm watching a V rerun.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 12:11:31 AM »

I really love this show, but I hate the scheduling they've given it. 10PM on a Friday night, then a late repeat on Mondays at 11pm?!?!  What kind of sense does that make? We need at least one mid week early evening(7-9) repeat.

About the Cylon claim, I think if the Cylons are onto the humans being aware of their infiltration, the next logical step is to discredit anti-Cylon detection by instigating false accusations. The more humans falsely accused, the more Cylons remain in position.

I agree that it is obvious that the Cylons could have done more, if not totally fatal, damage to the fleet by now, so they must have bigger fish to fry.

The religious oriented storylines haven't really been developed enough for me to feel one way or the other about it.  It could go a long way to giving Cylons interesting motivations beyond the simple 'kill all humans' ones usually offered by machines taking control.  I really don't want to have to hear Cylons preaching to humans every time they talk though, that's too much like watching 7th Heaven for my taste, hehe.
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 12:49:37 AM »

Everybody that -really- doesn't want human cylons and religious cylons, please just quit watching now. I guarantee religion will continue to be a huge thread the rest of the season and will probably be one to the end of the series. Three years from now you won't still be here complaining about it like the Alias watchers who harp on Rambaldi year after year. Not like I watch Desperate Housewives and complain that there's infidelity and murder.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »

Quote from: "gameoverman"
I really love this show, but I hate the scheduling they've given it. 10PM on a Friday night, then a late repeat on Mondays at 11pm?!?!  What kind of sense does that make? We need at least one mid week early evening(7-9) repeat.

I have an answer for that.

http://www.tivo.com

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 09:30:46 PM »

And here is the one question that keeps nagging at me... If they are really all throughout the fleet, posing as humans, why isn't the entire cylon fleet constantly harassing them and attempting to destroy them?

Considering Starbuck questioning whether the Cylon's "soul" could be transmitted through such a long distance I'm guessing that's the same answer to the above- the Cylons among them were pre-staged and programmed to sabotage when needed but probably can't communicate with the main Cylon fleet due to the incredible distances involved.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2005, 09:39:02 PM »

Quote from: "Kevin Grey"

Considering Starbuck questioning whether the Cylon's "soul" could be transmitted through such a long distance I'm guessing that's the same answer to the above- the Cylons among them were pre-staged and programmed to sabotage when needed but probably can't communicate with the main Cylon fleet due to the incredible distances involved.

Alternately we don't even really know that the Cylons even want to destroy the fleet.  They always seem to have "plans within plans" when dealing with the humans. For instance they could have killed that pilot on Caprica, but they seem to want him for a reason.  I don't think it's out of the question that they don't want to destroy the fleet (at least not yet).

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »

Maybe the Cylons are hoping that the Galactica fleet will reach earth, and then the Cylons can take care of them from there.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »

In general I like the show, but I find it much easier to watch thinking it has a different title. slywink

I do hate the Cylons as humans thing and just think it's a poor excuse for budgeting.

I really like the Baltar character in this one though. He is doing a great job so far. (Although I would like to see him out Boomer, yeah he was nervous while she was in the room, but now that she's gone...)

I feel so-so about Apollo. He just seems to plain for me.

Starbuck is growing on me more then I thought, but I still miss Dirk Benedict. smile (as and aside, I am glad they Richard Hatch a part in the show and hope he gets to make his version some day)
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 01:11:47 AM »

I don't watch the show but so you guys know, Grace Park is featured in this month's issue of Maxim.  She is very nice to look at.

Here's a link to Maxim's website featuring a sneak peek of the GP pics:

http://www.maximonline.com/maximlounge/girls_of_maxim/html/girl_1108.html

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: