http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 11:12:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which Back to the Future sequel is better?
Two
Three

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Back to the Future... 2, or 3?  (Read 2675 times)
Pyperkub
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 12:00:50 AM »

3 - it was silly, but it still had the heart and soul of the original characters, which 2 just ran all over.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 12:12:28 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on October 01, 2008, 04:41:52 PM

the 70s versions had a great cast(how great was Oliver Reed)..might watch them tonight actually,but i havent got the third one(return of the musketeers..with C.Thomas Howell in it..made 1989)

It's not that great, mainly because Howell is a boring actor and the rest of the cast is barely in it. Richard Chamberlain appears in maybe five minutes. Kim Cattrall though was gorgeous back in the 80's and this is just another example of that. The original films though simply ruled.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
JayDee

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »

I loved #2 much better than #3 despite the fact that the sequel had a glaring plot hole big enough to drive a Delorean through. I can't remember the specifics, but something about how Biff should have ended up in the alternate 1985 when time travelling to hand-off the sports book, rather than the original one.
Eightball

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 02:15:54 PM »

Quote from: joeyjazz on October 01, 2008, 09:22:06 AM

I can see debating whether 1 or 2 is better... bringing #3 into the equation seems on par with comparing The Godfather III to the first two.

Hold on there a second...lots of people like BTTF3, even if they may like BTTF2 more than 3. 

However, no one likes Godfather III.  Probably not even the actors who were in it.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 02:42:49 PM »

Quote from: Eightball on October 02, 2008, 02:15:54 PM

However, no one likes Godfather III.  Probably not even the actors who were in it.

In my entire life I've never failed to finish watching a film.  I have seen some bad movies.  But, I am a film junkie and I will watch almost anything at least once.  Even atrocities like Never Been Kissed (it came on one day while I was cleaning around the house and I never turned it off, so I kind of peripherally watched it, but I at least watched it all the way through).  If I start watching a film, no matter how bad, I'll at least stay until the conclusion as I sometimes have hopes of the film improving, and sometimes I just need to see how things end. 

One weekend my wife and I decided to have a Godfather marathon, mainly because in all these years neither of us have seen Godfather III.  So we watched the original and Godfather II in succession, took a break for dinner, and then loaded up Godfather III.  We made it to the incestual make-out scene and the film had been so bad up to that point that we turned it off.  It was the first film in my lifetime that was so bad that I turned it off.  I had never done that before, and yet I don't think I could ever bring myself to sit through even a small part of it again.  Yes, it's that bad.  Even my wife was shocked at how such an amazing series could go out with such a flaming turd of glory.  Even seeing the words "Godfather III" come up on my DVD changer makes me cringe. 

<<shudder>> 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 02:57:44 PM »

Eh, second half of Godfather 3 is actually pretty good (once they get to Italy). Especially the opera house finale.  First half is very weak though.

But the movie is a classic IMO just for the oft-referenced "Just when I think I'm out, They pull me back in!" line. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 04:12:48 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on October 02, 2008, 02:57:44 PM

Eh, second half of Godfather 3 is actually pretty good (once they get to Italy). Especially the opera house finale.  First half is very weak though.

But the movie is a classic IMO just for the oft-referenced "Just when I think I'm out, They pull me back in!" line. 

i second this....of course it comes no where near as good as the first two,but i enjoyed part 3 still,i just wish Robert Duvall could of been in it(asking too much?..or was it he was asking for the same money as Al Pacino?)..George Hamilton isnt half as good as Duvall..IMO
GF3 had a young cast start in as well..Bridget Fonda and Andy Garcia..i weren't really interested in them though

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 04:22:55 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 02, 2008, 02:42:49 PM

Quote from: Eightball on October 02, 2008, 02:15:54 PM

In my entire life I've never failed to finish watching a film.

I've tried several times and I still have yet to be able to make it all the way through Star Trek 1.  Hell of a cure for insomnia, that one.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 08:59:10 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on October 02, 2008, 04:22:55 PM

I've tried several times and I still have yet to be able to make it all the way through Star Trek 1.  Hell of a cure for insomnia, that one.

They even made an extended version of that film. Talk about nuts.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 09:18:40 PM »

I felt like I deserved a medal after sitting through Apocalypse Now Redux.  Either that or treatment for PTSD.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: