http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 09:44:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AZ handicap parking info  (Read 1010 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2005, 08:51:46 PM »

My wife broke her leg this weekend and I am wondering if she can get a teperary handicap permit. To my suprise, I can't find any info at all online about aplying for one. Anyone know of where to find this information?

LiveTAG: happydog
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005, 12:28:58 AM »

Dang that was hard to find info on.

Department of Transportation info

It looks like you need to fill out this form signed by a physician.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 02:28:01 AM »

Thanks.

mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 07:32:22 AM »

Too tired to go to those links by Wonderpug, but it sounds like you got your answer. (We need a yawning smiley... too tired to look for that too! it's 3:30 AM here and I should go to sleep!)

All I can add - in case it helps - is that in Massachusetts, if you have a handicapped placard or permit, and the HP spaces are taken - you can park at a meter and not pay... so check that out, too!  :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 04:40:02 PM »

Meter? What the hell is that?  confused

Only place with meter here is downtown. I have never parked in a metered spot.

Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 05:51:42 PM »

I should look into this, my intestine blew up on Febuary 9th of this year(My birthday actually) - Yes I got a very nice birthday present this year.

Yeah well anyways, it took me like 2 months to be able to walk again and eat normally, because they had to cut my belly open and take out some of my intestine then re-attatch my intestine, then staple up my stomach and yeah I was in the hospital for about a month, but previous to all this I was told I had Chrons Disease, and I did. Basically Chrons Disease for most people means you get extremely bad stomach cramps alot, they are compareable to having a baby. And you get bad diarrhea all the time and you cant eat very much.

But I was just the opposite to all this, I ate, and ate and ate and never went to the bathroom for a month, and had this "giving birth" pain in my stomach for about 6 months, and I was puking 2 times a week for about 8 months, and in and out of the hospital for about a year.

Well all that was going on I was continuing to work and go to school and trying to live a normal life.

And so anyways I was pretty f**ked up.

So you think I could get one of them passes? Actually I dont want one, now that I think about it. I want to try and live with no more problems, if thats possible.

As for a Meter, we have them like every block where I live.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005, 07:22:16 PM »

Meter? What the hell is that? :?

Only place with meter here is downtown. I have never parked in a metered spot.

I'm impressed... I live in a fairly small, mostly rural and suburban town - but it's home to the UMASS, Amherst campus (about 30,000 students plus employees.)  The center of town has almost no non-metered spaces - otherwise the UMASS students would park all day to avoid the parking decal fees on campus.  We need the meters, or there wouldn't be any non-students ever going to town.  It was so bad that the town had to make some on-street parking-permit-only areas - so staff at various businesses would have somewhere they could park for 8 hours...

Darren8r... you can always apply, get one, and only use it when you really need it.  I have good days and bad, and that's what I do.  Just make sure you understand what the parameters are for getting one.  The Massachusetts one has fairly narrow wording - if you have a heart condition, no problem, after that it's a crap shoot if your doctor checks the wrong box, or doesn't adequately support the rationale.  :roll:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005, 10:58:03 PM »

Well maybe I'll just start ording my food over the internet biggrin But I need fresh air too, I guess.

Yeah I have good and bad days too. Some days I wont feel so great, but I usually do feel good, since my surgery. But when I lift weights or something for to long, I feel like stomach is going to blow up. But thats probably from not using those muscles very much, thank god I have people around to help me out and a community of people with the same problems, for support.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: