http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 05:27:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar: The Last Airbender, the Animated Series  (Read 286 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2010, 11:11:35 PM »

and not that M. Night crap.  it deserves it's own thread totally separated from that abomination.

I just got done watching it, and holy hell it was awesome.  It may have been on Nickelodeon but there were times when it definitely didn't feel like a kids show (like the Face Stealer from the season 1 finale).  I'm not sure what they were thinking when they decided to go live action with this, it seems completely unnecessary after seeing the show (and ironically it was almost like they were making fun of the movie in advance in one of the last episodes of season 3).

It's definitely worth seeing if you haven't watched it, heck I'm picking up the DVD sets just so I can watch it whenever I want and not have to rely on Netflix still having it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

People with Netflix should definately watch it all while it's still on. I've gone through the series twice and it is just as good if not better the second time through.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »

Agreed. It's excellent.

The show does a lot of things that other shows aimed at kids simply aren't willing to do, and it's all the better for it.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 04:27:50 AM »

One of the few things that Ceekay and I can agree on watching Truthiness!

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 07:47:10 PM »

If you get the NickToons channel they show episodes with "Avatar Extras".  Think VH1's Pop-Up video with info bubbles giving behind the scenes info about story development, pointing out links between episodes, recurring themes, etc.  If you've seen the whole series it's worth checking these out.

[Derail]
Stephen Chow should have been the one to do a live action Airbender movie.  Look at the trailer for Shaolin Soccer.  That's a far better model of what the movie should have looked like than that mess M. Night gave us.
[/Derail]

(HBZ)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: